How Bill Cosby was once completely upstaged by Morrissey - and hated it - The Telegraph

How Bill Cosby was once completely upstaged by Morrissey - and hated it.

The Telegraph, 6th, June, 2017:
(by 'Telegraph Reporters').

40203_40202_tonightshow-medium_trans.jpg

Excerpt:
"Morrissey has his admirers, but these days, the 58-year-old generally seen as a bit of an embarrassment.
The lugubriously cool former Smiths frontman might have once made fans happy (in the haze of a drunken hour) - but heaven knows, he’s a miserable sod now. Whether he’s issuing unhelpful, insensitive statements on the recent Manchester attack, comparing the murder of 77 people to “what happens in McDonald's every day”, or describing the Chinese as ”a sub-species”, it’s clear that he long ago crossed the line from being delightfully anti-authority to being offensively anti...well, everyone. And the less said about his 2015 Bulbous Salutation -containing novel List of The Lost the better."

The appearance on the 1991 Carson Show re-examined. Describing Cosby's chagrin and throwing in a summary of Morrissey 'news' for good measure.
Regards,
FWD.
(bonus points to the Telegraph for including 'bulbous salutation').

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey! I know. Let's use a nearly 30 year old anecdote everybody already knows about as a cover for talking some shit about Morrissey!"

Yeah we get it. A lot has happened in 30 years. Morrissey is more of a grump, and Cosby is more of a despicable f***ing rapist piece of trash. Can we move on? Class dismissed?

Reckon this would be a top mental tour shirt for the upcoming 2023 Brit/Euro Tour. Reckon it would look just like the Harvey Keitel tour shirt I bought at the Hogwartsshire United Polytechnic Hall concert in 1991 inn nn it. I just listened to me 8 track bootleg I made of it. Memories.

bill-cosby.png

Last edited:
Reckon this would be a top mental tour shirt for the upcoming 2023 Brit/Euro Tour. Reckon it would look just like the Harvey Keitel tour shirt I bought at the Hogwartsshire United Polytechnic Hall concert in 1991 inn nn it. I just listned to me 8 track bootleg I made of it. Memories.

View attachment 41703
Reckon that's the face Cosby is going to be making on the floor of the shower if they succeed in putting him away. Rotten bastard.

read the first paragraph and that was enough for me.
in the slammer cosbys anal canal will be as wide as a football pitch,will be that wide it can have its own visitors.

"Morrissey has his admirers, but these days, the 58-year-old generally seen as a bit of an embarrassment.
The lugubriously cool former Smiths frontman might have once made fans happy (in the haze of a drunken hour) - but heaven knows, he’s a miserable sod now. Whether he’s issuing unhelpful, insensitive statements on the recent Manchester attack, comparing the murder of 77 people to “what happens in McDonald's every day”, or describing the Chinese as ”a sub-species”, it’s clear that he long ago crossed the line from being delightfully anti-authority to being offensively anti...well, everyone. And the less said about his 2015 Bulbous Salutation -containing novel List of The Lost the better."

really? :laughing: Lots of bull shit there, same old, they'll never understand so they'll never get it right.

Rag newspapers can't compliment Moz without giving him a good kicking, while using shit and boring ways of doing it. 'Heaven knows he's miserable'... f*** off you hack bastard 'jerkalist'.
On a more positive note I am now watching an old rerun of Top Of The Pops 1984 on BBC4. One episode of that had more quality music than you would hear in a decade these days.

Reckon this would be a top mental tour shirt for the upcoming 2023 Brit/Euro Tour. Reckon it would look just like the Harvey Keitel tour shirt I bought at the Hogwartsshire United Polytechnic Hall concert in 1991 inn nn it. I just listened to me 8 track bootleg I made of it. Memories.

View attachment 41703
He can make a shirt with Cosby's face and the lyrics
"Your voice it might say "no"
But the heart has a heart of its own"

Congratulations, (journalist?). You managed to use every Morrissey cliche in your opening two paragraphs.

What you fail to realize is that you have to use Morrissey's own lyrics to write your piece's opening. You simply aren't good enough to come up with your own describing qualities. That's called being lazy. And boring. And trite.

If you received any monies for writing that garbage, please donate it to a charity of your choice, and try harder next time to not be so blatantly boring. Or at least thank Wikipedia for writing your piece for you.

On a side note, I remember watching the second time the Mozzer went on The Tonight Show, this time hosted by Jay Leno, and the crowd was just as crazy. Rather than being old and grumpy (Carson), Leno saw it as an opportunity to galvanize his youth following, and he loved it and joined in on the fun. And even got a signed copy of Your Arsenal at the end of the show.

Man, I'd like to have that in my possession.

Have a good weekend all....

My big takeaway from this is how he once had a Shite Hot band instead of a bunch of ham-handed journeymen.

I love how the excerpt chosen has nothing to do with the Morrissey/Bill Cosby thing that the article purports to be about. It's just a whole bunch of negativity. The agenda and grudge of this website and it's owners/admins/trolls is painfully obvious at this point

I love how the excerpt chosen has nothing to do with the Morrissey/Bill Cosby thing that the article purports to be about. It's just a whole bunch of negativity. The agenda and grudge of this website and it's owners/admins/trolls is painfully obvious at this point
The excerpt was simply me cut and pasting the first section of the article - nothing sinister in my motivations really. It was published exactly as I created it except the title was turned in to a hyperlink.
The most editing to any story I've found online and posted as a new thread is a bit of tidying up or merging of stories etc.
The motivations behind which threads get promoted is a different thing all together, but in this case, the presentation was all me. For the record: beside a few mildly sarcastic asides if the article is too caustic, I find both positive and negative things online and attempt to share them here asap with no thought or plan - I don't believe there is any trolling, 'bot' behaviour or anything else that influences my posts, nor have I seen any of my posts doctored to fit any agenda.
I totally appreciate why it might look like it at times, but assuming the messenger isn't being shot, if there's lots of badly written or negative article threads circulating - that's just the way it is.
Regards,
FWD.

Don't worry about nonsense. We better celebrate the glory of that day, when music defeated evilness. Apparently nobody knew, but Somebody actually knew. Images talk by themselves

I find this very weird, because I remember watching that episode of The Tonight Show and thinking Bill Cosby quite enjoyed Morrissey. It was actually Johnny Carson who I thought found Morrissey and his fans annoying.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom