How Do We Move Forward When Every Artist We Love Is ‘Problematic’? by Jared Richards - Junkee

Link from Pablo Honey:

How Do We Move Forward When Every Artist We Love Is ‘Problematic’? - Junkee
by Jared Richards

Morrissey, once a bastion for self-styled sensitive misfits and outcasts, is now a deep disappointment for most fans.

full

Last edited:
As usual, watch the site's nazis pile in on this.

There's been several articles outlining the sadness of fans on Morrissey's decline into right-wing madness, and several praising him. I think that it's interesting to note that the ones praising him are from entrenched right-wing commentators, while it looks to me like the ones taking the opposite view are from much more mainstream outlets. What I'm getting at is that he's only getting support from the right-wing bigots.

There's been several articles outlining the sadness of fans on Morrissey's decline into right-wing madness, and several praising him. I think that it's interesting to note that the ones praising him are from entrenched right-wing commentators, while it looks to me like the ones taking the opposite view are from much more mainstream outlets. What I'm getting at is that he's only getting support from the right-wing bigots.
Nazi Pete life waster

When you protect yourself with a condom you are enjoying the best of both worlds... safety and pleasure!

Blah blah blah ... always first to post but doesn’t like Morrissey , always here day in day out blah blah blah blah

“How do we move forward?”

Seriously? Lol. You have to ask?
Quit projecting yourself on strangers and go on with whatever you call a life. It isn’t f***ing hard.

I know expecting you to drop the self-righteousness is asking too much so I won’t bother.

Only the far left without a brain do leave Morrissey. They believe every nonsense of the far right stories and they do not look behind the curtains. So, Goodbye to them!

The first sentence is ridiculously inaccurate - a sane and objective writer would have said 'some fans' are disappointed and not 'most fans'.

I suppose we should be grateful that it only takes a second to realise it is not worth a read.

I’ve had it with these self righteous times. Words mean more than facts. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent, and since proving anyone’s possible innocence is irrelevant, everyone stays guilty. And I’m not just talking about Moz.
Hunt down real perpetrators, sure. But don’t toss everyone believed to be a suspect to the vicious lynch mobs. Keep basic democratic principles in mind.

ach tung skinflint.

The first sentence is ridiculously inaccurate - a sane and objective writer would have said 'some fans' are disappointed and not 'most fans'.

I suppose we should be grateful that it only takes a second to realise it is not worth a read.
first thing I noticed,most fans,theres no way of gauging how many fans have deserted him.hes hardly murdered an old pensioner,hes not a paedophile and he hasn't robbed da bank.

Get help, please, for your own sake. This level of obsession isn’t healthy.

I mean you know that he’s not a Nazi, right? You know that everyone who doesn’t outright condemn the fact he is still breathing isn’t a Nazi, right? The fact you’re trotting out these lines just goes to show how utterly childish you are. That you don’t actually care about any of these issues and it’s all just a vehicle used to hate Morrissey over a grudge with this website’s owner. Calling people Nazi’s when you know that isn’t the case is f***ing pathetic. Seriously, the fact you use issues like this as a way to just shit on someone over a grudge is disgusting. It shows what little regard you actually have for social issues etc when you throw around hyperbole like this.

Last edited:
Link from Pablo Honey:

How Do We Move Forward When Every Artist We Love Is ‘Problematic’? - Junkee
by Jared Richards

Morrissey, once a bastion for self-styled sensitive misfits and outcasts, is now a deep disappointment for most fans.

full
I go away from this site for a while and then drop back in and it's actually the same conversation going on.
No actual news about Morrissey or his music, just opinion pieces on the political programmes people buy into and how to apply them to Morrissey to fit the popular rhetoric.
I don't know why people spend so much time here if they don't like him.
I still like him and I wouldn't spend too much time here , it's bad for morale.

first thing I noticed,most fans,theres no way of gauging how many fans have deserted him.hes hardly murdered an old pensioner,hes not a paedophile and he hasn't robbed da bank.

There is a way to be more accurate. Look at the incredibly poor tickets sales for the recently aborted UK tour. That's a clear indication of decline. Another is the number of fans, particularly in the UK, who have publicly denounced him. Also, the fact that no US show sold out on the recent tour. We don't know if he has murdered an old pensioner, or is paedophile, or bank robber but we do know about his increasing fascination with facism.
As Reelfountain and Stephen Hofmann have both consistently claimed that gay men are just paedophiles in waiting perhaps we should ask these 'experts' their views on whether they believe the same of Morrissey?

For God's sake - human beings are problematic. Don't these people realise that? Or do they think they're all perfect and can go around being shocked at everyone else?

Also: "supporting an abuser is one thing, but what about someone with disappointing views?"

Am I reading this right? I mean, in one sense this doesn't surprise me, since we're all familiar with the warped views of the Woke by now, but in another sense, the way this wording can be slipped in so thoughtlessly and casually is breathtaking. So, someone having views that disappoint you is apparently worse than them being an abuser?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom