how do you get rid of a bad roommate?

bagface

this is a bit of a long story but...

last year this girl from school and i decided to find an apartment with a third person. after looking at our current apartment with a few people we knew and having them decline for various reasons we got kind of desperate and chose some guy that we barely knew.
last summer, she and i both got significant others and are both in serious relationships. her boyfriend and my girlfriend both pretty much live here too.
marc (the third roommate) is an awful roommate and we all really want to get rid of him but don't know how. he doesn't flush the toilet, he has people over really late and is incredibly loud waking everybody up (i've tried talking to him about this and he completely ignored me), NEVER washes his dishes, sleeps on MY couches in our living room and sometimes WITHOUT A SHIRT ON (and he smells awful), and the list goes on and on. basically, he sucks. he also complains about jenny and i having our significant others live here but we pretty much stay in our own rooms (mostly because he's ALWAYS occupying the living room and is never in his own room) and our significant others do way more to help out around the apartment than he ever would. how do we get rid of this awful person?

thanks in advance to anyone who made it through all of that haha. sorry it's so long.

This person has behaved badly. He has continued to do so because you let him get away with ignoring you. Confronting him may be difficult, but once he's gone you will wonder why you waited so long. Don't ask for him to change (he won't), tell him to leave. Look at the contract, give him the notice time stated in it, or the verbal agreement made.

Then stick to your decision.
Good luck.

This person has behaved badly. He has continued to do so because you let him get away with ignoring you. Confronting him may be difficult, but once he's gone you will wonder why you waited so long. Don't ask for him to change (he won't), tell him to leave. Look at the contract, give him the notice time stated in it, or the verbal agreement made.

Then stick to your decision.
Good luck.

Do this. And in the future don't live with someone you don't know very well. ;)

I agree with dunya. Of course if his name is on the lease/rental agreement then you might not have any ability to get him to leave and you might have to suck it up if he refuses.

If you were feeling rather childish you could take everything that isn't his and put it in your person space or in storage and then do the same thing to all his shit and drive him out.

I would never do that but it would be entertaining to read about you doing it.

Ha, bagface is a guy who loves to have an avatar of a woman. :p

Oh no, Kewpie knows more than me. I'm going to go and cry now.

Basically unless you have legally bound yourself to him I'd point out his faults to him and then tell him to get stuffed.

Its not tactful but neither is leaving number twos in the toilet and wiping his sweaty armpits all over you couches.:sick:

You could also try blaring Morrissey out twenty four seven..but he,if he has any taste will like that.

She even threw a "ha" at you. I bet that probably ruined your day. ;)

How do you get rid of a bad roommate?
I married and then divorced mine.

Whoa, you're the most reckless in here. :D

Fortunately bagface already got a girlfriend, it's not an option.

dear bagface, act now and act quickly, do whatever you must
attack, attack & attack this person in whatever way you can
financially, verbally, talk bad about them to people you both know
anything and everything is just to get rid of bad roommates
makes angry faces when you see them, let them know how much you hate them and are out to get them
this person you are dealing with sounds evil
you have my blessing to do whatever it takes, but just do it
they will never go on their own :cool:

Last edited:
thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate all of the opinions and advice. :thumb:

i agree with what most of you are saying but it will be difficult for me because i am a very non confrontational person.

thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate all of the opinions and advice. :thumb:

i agree with what most of you are saying but it will be difficult for me because i am a very non confrontational person.

Maybe you can get your roomate to do it for you then?

Maybe you can get your roomate to do it for you then?

we're probably all going to give it a go. he has to know that we don't like him so maybe it won't be so hard to get rid of him. my girlfriend and i got home pretty late last night and walked into the living room and we were making faces at his stuff and i moved all of his stuff off of the couch pretty angrily. we then realized that he was outside on the porch watching us. he had to have gotten that hint.

some random stories about him...

he once was really sick and was sleeping on one of my couches in the living room. he came into the kitchen and i suggested that he should maybe put a sheet on the couch so that he doesn't get anyone else sick. he got really offended and was like "seriously?"

he makes macaroni and cheese often and usually leaves the pan on the stove with a bunch of mac and cheese still in it. my girlfriend and i wanted to make some pasta so we were like "are you done with this?" as in you should really clean this so other people can use it. his response was "yeah that's cool you can clean it out." :mad: he expects everyone to clean up after him.....it's frustrating

/rant

Tags
ben gay in his undies itching powder in couch make them fear you try excessive flatulence
Back
Top Bottom