how long do you think we've got before we start to go extinct?

humanity, how long you think we got

• we're already dying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • thousands of years, maybe, but no more

• until we evolve into something else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
Global-Warming-Earth-570x486.jpg

maybe its cuz I stopped drinking :squiffy: but I am re-realizing that I have not got much hope for us as a species :straightface:
whether it be almost nothing being done about "greenhouse gases" or a myriad of other ecological related disasters
or the tyranny of an ever few over the many which always leads to more death and destruction
or any other thing like organized religion, racism, all the "isms" :rolleyes:
which inevitablity lead to an endless? litany detailing humanity's inhumaneness :crazy:
or some global pandemic
or our technology rendering us humans obsolete
10239_zpse9a64a1c.gif

or, well, you get the point

now though I am trying to get on the other side of this pessimism, cuz, well, I like being happy :o
but can one truly do it for oneself when holding out 0 hope for our species
06_zps02c97c16.gif

another way this came up is that I went on a date with a woman and she was talking about wanting kids :cool:
these situations are never good for me, for while I like kids, I simply cannot imagine bringing one into this dying world
this never goes over well, so I lie, but maybe, just maybe I can find a way to have just a smidgen of faith in the human race
this poll could help me decide that :thumb:

Despite the impression given by rolling news, the 20th century's most deadly invention, I think the world is slowly but surely improving. Fewer wars now than ever, medical and technological advancements. All good news.

Barring a massive asteroid strike I think the human race will make it to the stars.

Despite the impression given by rolling news, the 20th century's most deadly invention, I think the world is slowly but surely improving. Fewer wars now than ever, medical and technological advancements. All good news.

Barring a massive asteroid strike I think the human race will make it to the stars.

I am an optimist as well. :thumb: Humans are incredibly resourceful and ingenious.

I am an optimist as well. :thumb: Humans are incredibly resourceful and ingenious.
its a good outlook to have and I wish I shared it with you guys but I just see the greed of a few and stupidity of many as just too much to overcome :(
however, I think there is a way, a mass culling of the herd would be horrible for those who lived through it or died of course :straightface:
but, it could save the human race in the long run, given the right circumstances, something that made the survivors better people :thumb:
not the ever more de-evolved species we are becoming :crazy:

The nature of Capitalism is that it has to continue growing which means consumption has to carry on growing. Add to that the lack of wars and disease and you've got an ever growing population using more and more. It's not rocket science that it isn't going to end well. Still, there's f*** all you can do about it.

George Taylor: A planet where apes evolved from men? There's got to be an answer.

tumblr_n62m6mYKxg1r8cbmbo1_400.gif

Well contrary 2 this optimist view, most scientists, in fact virtually all, agrea that we are in the middle of anther mass exstiction of species right now !

Species on this planet are unfortunalty disapearing now, at a far faster rate than when the dinasaours became exstinct and dissapeared !!!
And I think we all know the reasons 4 this! :(

Unfortunalty with technological advances, there also comes a greater threat of this tecnology being abused by humans 2 killl each other!

But on a more optimistic note, yes medical advances is indeed advancing in leaps and bounds!
These days you can have open heart surgery and be out of hospital within a few days! :)
And we can now even grow new organs from our own stem cells 4 use in transplanting our own desiesed organs without any fear of rejection!

Think the biggest threat we face these days tho is the incredible and unprecedented rise in anti- biotic resistance all over the world! and no new anti-biotics in the pipe line as yet!
The tecnologly is there 2 develop new anti biotics but its not financially viable as yet 2 develop them! but it will be soon!
But the reason 4 anti biotic resistance in the first place lies fairly and squarley at the feet of the farming industry and there ridiculoes over-use of routine anti-biotic use in the poor cattle and hens ect which are effectivly torchered and suffer all there poor lives! , when there is absolutely no need whatso ever 2 use these anti boitics unless there is an actuall infection there 2 treat! :(

Yes humans will travel 2 other solar systems and planets and populate them ect as and when this tecnology is made available.
We will have 2 move anayways coz our sun will eventually burn all its fuel and die and when it does, so will ALL life forms as we know it on this planet die 2 !
But our star is a very stable one so thats a long way off yet so we have plenty of time 2 relocate before that happens!

Humans are destined 2 become all loving beings without a physical body anyways! :)

The universe and everything within it will ca-lapse one day anyways just as it expanded faster than the speed of light for a fraction of a second in the beginning ,, but we can cross that bridge in the future as and when it happens! its a very long way off yet!!!!
And our creator will see were ok in any event anyways ! :)

Last edited:
I like your optimism MIDNITE :thumb: did you vote?
anyways, normally I skip your purple colored posts :o
but since I have been experimenting with orange, I get it ;)

I like your optimism MIDNITE :thumb: did you vote?
anyways, normally I skip your purple colored posts :o
but since I have been experimenting with orange, I get it ;)

Well thanks 4 your positive feedback - Oh my god, its robby!
Some of your stuff is mostly good stuff 2! :thumb:
Yea I like 2 experiment using different colours and text ect, hence why I go purple more oftern than not!
Im somtimes not very conventinal !

Hope you enjoy using
ORANGE, its a loverly warm healing colour!

I somtimes like 2 use dark purple and black.
Contary 2 popular belief, black is oftern associated with negativity, but it can actually often be one of the most effective positive healing colours available at ones disposal l !

Anyways I have 2 go now, but I will be back 2 the forum very soon all being well ect !
TTFN :)

Ps no I didnt vote, was,nt sure which way 2 go !
Hey no spelling "mistakes" in this post! I must be going dreadfully wrong somewere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must try harder the next time !!! :)

Last edited:
Well thanks 4 your positive feedback - Oh my god, its robby!
Some of your stuff is mostly good stuff 2! :thumb:
Yea I like 2 experiment using different colours and text ect, hence why I go purple more oftern than not!
Im somtimes not very conventinal !

Hope you enjoy using
ORANGE, its a loverly warm healing colour!

I somtimes like 2 use dark purple and black.
Contary 2 popular belief, black is oftern associated with negativity, but it can actually often be one of the most effective positive healing colours available at ones disposal l !

Anyways I have 2 go now, but I will be back 2 the forum very soon all being well ect !
TTFN :)

Ps no I didnt vote, was,nt sure which way 2 go !
Hey no spelling "mistakes" in this post! I must be going dreadfully wrong somewere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must try harder the next time !!! :)

I even bought an orange shirt :)

I just went outside and looked up - I saw what seemed like about six thousand palms looking down on me! Yes they were clouds, but the shit was scared out of me!

Back
Top Bottom