Poll How much for Morrissey/The Smiths catalog?

How much for Morrissey/The Smiths catalog??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

How much for Morrissey/The Smiths catalog??

At this point in time, I don't think that the catalog would get $10 million.

I don't think he'd ever sell.

The catalog is priceless.
bowies estate sold his for somewhere in the region of $200 million dollars yesterday so nothing is priceless.
i would tell M and marr to cash in now while they can still enjoy it.

Besides that to me and to most of us their songs are priceless,
I think that their catalogue is not under their control anymore, it is owned by Warner.
I think that also Morrissey before You Are The Quarry catalog is also owned by somebody else. EMI?

This is probably why we are facing so many meaningless compilations and re-issues in the recent years.

:)
you would have to get someone really fredo ed up 🍻
to have them buy :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:s sucky riff half for 10 quid:clapping:

:hammer:

I don't think he can sell The Smiths back catalogue without agreeing it with Marr/Joyce. For his solo stuff, less than 10m

I don't think he can sell The Smiths back catalogue without agreeing it with Marr/Joyce. For his solo stuff, less than 10m
How many reissues has The Smiths had? And what would be the streaming revenue? Bearing in mind Morrissey's currently parlous position, I think this is a no-go

o_O

more typical kneejerk jerkisms from the 🏄‍♂️s(n)

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is probably going Walter trying to find someone to buy but
Moz says NO:fist:

large living for Moz
selling youtube videos while in poverty for the lawnmowers:raisedhands:

:hammer:

I’ll pay £15 for the rights to “Tony the Pony”, £25 if they throw in “Get Off the Stage”

So it’s not all about the money when Duncan and model cash in

Is the valuing of an artist's catalog based mainly on record sales? If so, then I don't think it would sell for nearly as high as we're thinking. $10-$25 million? I honestly don't know...

The Smiths song catalogue still has marketable value, and I suspect will do for many years (it was only a couple of months back that 'Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want' was being featured in an TV advert). Given the complete lack of radio play or much other use, I suspect you could pick up Morrissey's entire solo catalogue right now for a couple of hundred quid? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom