HPV Vaccine?

Cassius

Has any other lady on here got it? My mother wants me to get it tomorrow, but I'm worried about it; it's fairly new and I don't know anyone else who's got it. I've been reading about it, and supposedly it's killed three people and made others really sick. :eek: Anybody else know anything about it?

Has any other lady on here got it? My mother wants me to get it tomorrow, but I'm worried about it; it's fairly new and I don't know anyone else who's got it. I've been reading about it, and supposedly it's killed three people and made others really sick. :eek: Anybody else know anything about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hpv_vaccine

Jesus Christ!! Everytime I read up on STDs I get all paranoid.... I should loose my virginity to another virgin.... it's only fair.

Jesus Christ!! Everytime I read up on STDs I get all paranoid.... I should loose my virginity to another virgin.... it's only fair.

I nominate a troll who shall remain nameless...

three people out of the many who got it, is not a surprise. often they have an underlying condition and the death is surprising.
Weigh it against how sexually active you're going to be. You can get HPV from one person, one instance, of course, but if you're going to be dating a lot and sleeping with more than 2 or three guys then the benefits would outweigh the risks.
Its a three step vaccine, btw, it works after the 1st but the other two make it continue to work.
You can look here at "I Hate Tumors," http://www.janemag.com/magazine/articles/2006/03/20/HPV , which is a single story about how the HPV vac could have saved someone. If you look at the pictures its really striking at the end how the cancer at at her body and how thin and sick she was.
Getting a vaccine is not as dangerous as people like everyone to believe but there are always risks. If I wasn't married to a completely trustworthy man I'd probably get the HPV vaccine, because cancer sucks.

three people out of the many who got it, is not a surprise. often they have an underlying condition and the death is surprising.
Weigh it against how sexually active you're going to be. You can get HPV from one person, one instance, of course, but if you're going to be dating a lot and sleeping with more than 2 or three guys then the benefits would outweigh the risks.
Its a three step vaccine, btw, it works after the 1st but the other two make it continue to work.
You can look here at "I Hate Tumors," http://www.janemag.com/magazine/articles/2006/03/20/HPV , which is a single story about how the HPV vac could have saved someone. If you look at the pictures its really striking at the end how the cancer at at her body and how thin and sick she was.
Getting a vaccine is not as dangerous as people like everyone to believe but there are always risks. If I wasn't married to a completely trustworthy man I'd probably get the HPV vaccine, because cancer sucks.

So basically if you're monogomus you won't need it...

But if you're a slut, you definitely do....

That's what I'm getting from this....

you can get it from one contact. that isnt what i was saying... I would get it if i was having sex w/ other ppl besides my disease free man :p ANYone sexually active SHOULD get it, but there is generally more risk if you are going to be more sexually active than one or 2 guys, you know what i mean?

you can get it from one contact. that isnt what i was saying... I would get it if i was having sex w/ other ppl besides my disease free man :p ANYone sexually active SHOULD get it, but there is generally more risk if you are going to be more sexually active than one or 2 guys, you know what i mean?

We get it :)

Good girls don't need it

Sluts do :p

Well I meant you should be safe if you're monogomus...but in this day in age...trust is hard to come by...so it's a toughy...

One or Two? LOL...Two at a time is still slutty, no?

Well I meant you should be safe if you're monogomus...but in this day in age...trust is hard to come by...so it's a toughy...

One or Two? LOL...Two at a time is still slutty, no?

ha ha ha... well i know for a fact Jason's not going to cheat on me because its too much work, and since he's a wheelchair user he doesn't have that kind of time or energy to work at hiding another relationship according to him, bwahahaha!
but i know some couples that are married, that the woman should get the HPV vac anyway JUST in case if you know what I mean!

ha ha ha... well i know for a fact Jason's not going to cheat on me because its too much work, and since he's a wheelchair user he doesn't have that kind of time or energy to work at hiding another relationship according to him, bwahahaha!
but i know some couples that are married, that the woman should get the HPV vac anyway JUST in case if you know what I mean!

well yah....you can't trust anybody these days...It's like a Pre-nup :eek:

Although I can understand my friend's fiancee got pissed cause it was his MOM who told her that she wanted her to sign one

I'm just nervous about basically being a guineau pig, since the drug is in it's first year.

No, I'm not a slut. Better safe than sorry.

I'm just nervous about basically being a guineau pig, since the drug is in it's first year.

Yeah, I think I did say that somewhere...The Bolded part that is....

I would get one if it was necessary...

I will personally ask any girl I get involved with for a recent STD test before I get involved....

I forgot what it was I got...not an STD...but something that stems from that yeasty stuff

Last edited:

you could become celibate and join the virtues of celibacy thread until you're sure enought guinea pigs have gone before you!

you could become celibate and join the virtues of celibacy thread until you're sure enought guinea pigs have gone before you!

The first qualification to join that club is to be utterly pathetic and annoying...I don't think anybody on this thread meets those qualifications....

Back
Top Bottom