Hull Ice Rink

Really good night and great to see Moz back in Hull after all these years. Agree with PT, I'm partially deaf, it was very loud down the front. Took some really good video which will be posted soon.

Are there any reasonably priced hotels or lodges by the gig venue £50-60 region shame they don't offer student discounts haha.

Nice signature!! :thumb:

And we threw big knickers at Boz when Morrissey mentioned his birthday. :D

You did!?!?! :lbf: :thumb:

Really good night and great to see Moz back in Hull after all these years. Agree with PT, I'm partially deaf, it was very loud down the front. Took some really good video which will be posted soon.

Well worth a lil deafness. ;) Looking forward to your vids! :)

"Something is Squeezing my Hull" :D Glad you all had fun! :guitar:

Oh and some chappie tried to set up a burger van in the car park! I went over and politely enlightened him as to the situation (imagine the sound of knuckles dragging on the tarmac as his response) and then security came out and had a little chat with him. Then he packed up his little van and left.:thumb:

Last edited:
:laughing:

The Cat's Mother! :eek:My hero!:eek: My knight in a shiny armour!:love:

Did you threaten him with your inbox?

Will thou be my Russian bodyguard?:horny:

I take it that with the gin and all, no effort whatsoever was made to write something that vaguely rhymes, then? :mad:

Happy you're still alive! :thumb:

:laughing:

The Cat's Mother! :eek:My hero!:eek: My knight in a shiny armour!:love:

Did you threaten him with your inbox?

Will thou be my Russian bodyguard?:horny:

I take it that with the gin and all, no effort whatsoever was made to write something that vaguely rhymes, then? :mad:

Happy you're still alive! :thumb:

Hello Barking.

Well, someone had to go and enlighten him as to his folly. I think the phrase "...an awful lot of very angry people coming after you." might have come into play. *ahem*

The aches and pains are starting to set in, now. But lordy, it was a fun gig!

Absolutely amazing! One of the best Moz gigs I've been to. Great crowd, I think Moz really enjoyed himself. Well worth the few hours of queuing and the consequental exhausation I am feeling this morning! My right ear is killing me now. All worth it though :thumb: roll on Friday

Hello Barking.

Well, someone had to go and enlighten him as to his folly. I think the phrase "...an awful lot of very angry people coming after you." might have come into play. *ahem*

I've put the key word in bold for slow people.:straightface:

I think you're greatly underestimating the power of intimidation of an inbox that's hm, full to the brim.

You shouldn't. :cool: Ever.

Bruises? Pictures? haïku Did it get nasty at any point? :highfive: Any prostitutes around? Did the toilets cope? Will I ever see Hull?

I've put the key word in bold for slow people.:straightface:

I think you're greatly underestimating the power of intimidation of an inbox that's hm, full to the brim.

You shouldn't. :cool: Ever.

Bruises? Pictures? haïku Did it get nasty at any point? :highfive: Any prostitutes around? Did the toilets cope? Will I ever see Hull?

I can't speak for the event as a whole, but from where I was standing, the whole affair was very good-natured, albeit inevitably a bit rough-and-tumble. I didn't see any prostitutes. (Maybe because there was no burger van to sustain them between tricks?)

The venue put up portaloos for the queue, which was very much appreciated, although I also used the very nice bogs across the road at Mothercare.

I've only found two bruises so far but I'll do a full check later.

Must fly - Helen and Crimes have to be back in Hull to get their train.

twas great, had mucho fun in queue with the cats mothers and her little chicks, (you know who you are) thanks so much for the chair loan the case keeping etal.
the gig was good, FRIGGIN rough, ive never been kicked in the head so much, or squished so much (i wasnt even in the middle).
frigging surfers, i do so wish Moz wouldnt actually give them handshakes its as if hes saying its ok to hurt people in the corwd who are behaving, it f***S ME OFF!
big thanks to arturo who helped me out at one point, it was much appreciated :thumb:

and to the BITCH who was behind me and though it was ok to lean on before anything had even started, i hope you suffer a long agonising death. :mad:

twas great, had mucho fun in queue with the cats mothers and her little chicks, (you know who you are) thanks so much for the chair loan the case keeping etal.
the gig was good, FRIGGIN rough, ive never been kicked in the head so much, or squished so much (i wasnt even in the middle).
frigging surfers, i do so wish Moz wouldnt actually give them handshakes its as if hes saying its ok to hurt people in the corwd who are behaving, it f***S ME OFF!
big thanks to arturo who helped me out at one point, it was much appreciated :thumb:

and to the BITCH who was behind me and though it was ok to lean on before anything had even started, i hope you suffer a long agonising death. :mad:

Hello Lottie. :) I should have mentioned that Security did a great job last night, handing out water, warning off the loonies and pulling out the squished. Got a few lungsful of bouncer's armpit (where's roughbird with her deo when you need her?) but I didn't mind as it was all in the name of gallant rescue.

i think that was me :lbf: gutted

Great gig last nite, front centre of the stage, managed to bag two handshakes from Moz and one from boz and solomon! great gig

Here are my photo's and a few short video's from last night. They aren't the best pics but they are good to reminisce.

I had an amazing time! Second time seeing Moz and easily the best. Was in the second row all night. Got a handshake from Boz, Solomon and Jesse! That took away some of the disappointment of not getting a Moz-shake.

Enjoy...hopefully!

Hull - 19th May 2009

Last night was absolutely fantastic 3rd gig of mine with moz and definitely the best, shame there was no boz cake :((

Great show, rough as hell though! Morrissey's voice sounded fantastic and he seemed to enjoy the crowd. His Millwall comment was fantastic. I was on Boz's side and he looked like he was having a lot of fun, the crowd were loving him. Did anyone else notice though the number of times it seemed that Jesse was playing out of tune? Moz was wincing a few times.
I hung around after to see if he came only to have the Merc come out the other side of the arena. On the way home though I was driving virtually side by side with it though until we split ways. If only the windows weren't tinted! Was a nice way to end the evening even though it means nothing.

how good was last night, so many favorites.
I was lost for words when they played "why dont you find out for yourself":thumb:

Back
Top Bottom