"I am critically maimed" - Morrissey’s handwritten postcard about a 1983 NYE Smiths show

Morrissey’s handwritten postcard about a 1983 NYE Smiths show - deathandtaxesmag.com

DJ, noted author and all-around Manchester music institution Dave Haslam shared a charming artifact of rock n’ roll history on Tuesday when he tweeted a photo of the below postcard Morrissey sent him about a Smiths show in New York City on New Year’s Eve, 1983 - deathandtaxesmag.com

Excerpt:

Morrissey had to have been just 24 at the time. However, this is the drama we’ve come to expect from a man who recently put out a memoir where he names every teacher who was ever mean to him.

Re: Morrissey’s handwritten postcard about a 1983 NYE Smiths show - deathandtaxesmag.com

Such innocence back then :)

Re: Morrissey’s handwritten postcard about a 1983 NYE Smiths show - deathandtaxesmag.com

DJ, noted author and all-around Manchester music institution Dave Haslam shared a charming artifact of rock n’ roll history on Tuesday when he tweeted a photo of the below postcard Morrissey sent him about a Smiths show in New York City on New Year’s Eve, 1983 - deathandtaxesmag.com

Hahaha!! Love it...

That`s hilarious.Poor Moz!!

Postcard from Morrissey to Dave Haslam. Some of you may have seen this before. I recall Dave Haslam giving a talk entitled "I am critically maimed" at a convention some years ago.

@Mr_Dave_Haslam - Dec. 31, 2013
31 Dec 1983 the Smiths played the Danceteria NYC. Morrissey reported an injury to @Mr_Dave_Haslam pic.twitter.com/GvFFrg20Km

bczm2xycuaagymf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
30 years on - "reports of my death has been greatly understated."

It's nice to know some things never change.

(And doubling down with plagiarism to boot. Most impressive.)

I believe this post-card is definitive proof that if Morrissey had a twitter account, it would be the funniest f***ing thing ever. The man was Twittering by post before the internet even happened. That's called be a trend setter kids.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom