California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that has 33 Top 40 hits is considered a commercial artist. Morrissey has been a commercial artist since his solo career began.

Commercial comes down units shifted. He was never in the charts long enough. Never had enough airplay. And he never consistently went out & sold his persona the way you'd have to.

Commercial comes down units shifted. He was never in the charts long enough. Never had enough airplay. And he never consistently went out & sold his persona the way you'd have to.

LOL. You really don't know what you're talking about here. Moz's chart history is that of a commercially successful artist. 33 Top 40 hits. Millions of records sold. That is to anyone not stubbornly holding on to some quixotic personal defense of Moz. You are simply wrong.

If your audience is large enough to get you in the Top 40 it isn't "small".
10K used to be enough to get you in the top-40. That isn’t ‘small’ but also not a figure that big commercial stars would sell. Moz has always been a cult star at best.

Plenty of Moz-singles had a 1-week chart run back in the day, like I said. What matters is where they entered. This is and will forever be a UK Top-3 album. Period.

Yes it will, just like it will say - did not chart in the Billboard 200.

You have absolutely lost the plot, you literally haven't a clue what your talking about.

Finally we agree on something. I actually think it's a shame as I am enjoying it far more than his last 3 albums and it does deserve to sell more.
It is a great album, we also agree on that then.

And for an album that was ignored by radio and didn’t get any media promotion at all it performed really well for a short period.

Maybe in the autumn it will raise some interest again

Yes, if anything one could argue that it's getting worse (see the radio airplay in the UK difference between 2018/19 and this year so far). His current "strategy" of keeping quiet doesn't really seem to be helping, bless him.

National borders restored in a panic, disease from animal markets in China, Brexit threatened, martial law across Europe and most of the world, millions made jobless in the UK, a monarchy openly in disarray and a government that’s had to abandon the ideology that got it elected.

We are now transparently living what Morrissey has said, so silence seems a most appropriate response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom