"I Am Not A Dog On A Chain" - pre-order, format details and exclusives summary; new bundles site

Following on from the Amazon thread, Crash indicate:

Morrissey – I Am Not A Dog On A Chain:
CD Album,
Standard Black Vinyl LP or
Indies Exclusive Coloured Vinyl LP

The vinyl colour that is exclusive to indies is to be confirmed (but rumour has it: clear red vinyl edit: now confirmed as clear red vinyl):

Release Date Friday 20th March

Morrissey
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain

CD Album £11.99
Standard Black Vinyl LP £19.99
Indies Exclusive Coloured Vinyl LP £19.99
(colour to be confirmed)

Tracklist:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind of People Live in These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw the River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

There is no second disc as Amazon first indicated.

The press release (cut and paste from the Warner's sales portal) doing the rounds with the album details is brief:

"First new studio album since 2017, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain was recorded at La Fabrique in France in 2018. The eleven track album, which was produced by Joe Chiccarelli, launches officially on the 10th of January 2020 and will be released on Friday 20th March 2020."

https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/prod...indies-exclusive-coloured-vinyl-lp-pre-order/

Piccadilly Records now list it too with the same information (and have added It's Over to buy on the 24th too):

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=132856

Same via Rough Trade (they, too, have added It's Over 7"):

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/morrissey/i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain

Amazon (UK), since last night, now have the CD & black vinyl versions added and listed separately.

Now for something via superdeluxe and it brings a couple of exclusives too.

Clear vinyl:
59495-706f149870dafe49c78af6a2c4bb7ee3.png

59501-c6ae340c1742fc1e2206614ff23d6f9e.png

And an exclusive cassette.
All found here - this is official and is a portal to buy pretty much everything except the indie red vinyl:

https://morrissey.tmstor.es/

As linked to here:
https://morrissey.lnk.to/chain

There is an extended bit of press release there and Joe is quoted:

‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ was produced by the Grammy Award-winning producer Joe Chicarelli (Beck, The Strokes, The Killers). It was recorded during sessions at Studio La Fabrique in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France and Sunset Sound in Hollywood, California.

"I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey,” said Chicarelli. “This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet. He has pushed the boundaries yet again - both musically and lyrically. And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but… Morrissey!”

So, to summarise:
Digital download,
CD,
Black vinyl,
Mporium w/l 'test pressing' (Limited to 100 copies?),
Indie only clear red vinyl,
Website only clear vinyl,
Website only cassette.

Apologies for the long post, lots of information happened at the same time.
Regards,
FWD.

For the press release in full, please see here via Shorefire.com:

https://shorefire.com/releases/entry/morrissey-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain-march-20th

(link courtesy of @JoeSellMozza).

Central's post:
Morrissey Central: "Album Pre Order Links" - January 11, 2020

Last edited:
On Amazon? I don't see it.
I purchased the red vinyl via the Rough Trade link on the Super Deluxe site, 3rd one down at 19.99. At least I hope it's the red one that's coming. It's listed as LP+ for some bizarre reason. LP+ and LP which I assume is black vinyl are priced exactly the same but it ended up as 16.99 in the cart and also on the invoice they sent me.

Super Deluxe site has all the pre order options.
https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/morrissey-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain/

Rough Trade link.
https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/morri...e=CJ&cjevent=1bd66a6738a511ea805200230a1c0e13

Last edited:
you know i always wanted morrissey to recreate scenes for his album/single covers , ie , sat on the indian motorbike in the suedehead video or albert finney at a lathe in a factory.....but no the 'kin sleeves that have been produced are a disgrace.

you know i always wanted morrissey to recreate scenes for his album/single covers , ie , sat on the indian motorbike in the suedehead video or albert finney at a lathe in a factory.....but no the 'kin sleeves that have been produced are a disgrace.

Someone did float the theory that the first covers are terrible on purpose with the really nice covers on the Deluxe versions - as incentive to buy! Clever!?

Someone did float the theory that the first covers are terrible on purpose with the really nice covers on the Deluxe versions - as incentive to buy! Clever!?

not clever....its taking the piss.

its the same as buying variant covers for comics , magazines etc

Not to mention the deluxe cover for LIHS was almost as lazy as this.

i cant think of a sleeve apart from southpaw and viva hate that have been any good......world peace is one of the worst sleeves i have ever seen ( the one with the dog ).

all that the latest sleeve needs is the teletubbies sun back ground rays and you could have them as bookends on your wall.

california son but im not a dog on a chain

he doesnt get marketing or product presentation does he?......if you went into a restaurant and were served something that looked like a dogs dinner , you would send it back.......does he think that sleeve , which is your first impression of the 'product' , will get people buying.

Last edited:
he doesnt get marketing or product presentation does he?......if you went into a restaurant and were served something that looked like a dogs dinner , you would send it back.......does he think that sleeve , which is your first impression of the 'product' , will get people buying.

All of this implies that he thinks like a rational human being.

I was being sarcastic. I believe he should make each cover beautiful. Like he did in the Smiths.

i know you were....and i agree , there was a time when there was this link between the fans and mozzer when we would anticipate the sleeve design.....but that has gone. he has become the very thing he vowed he wouldnt....main stream popstar.

i know you were....and i agree , there was a time when there was this link between the fans and mozzer when we would anticipate the sleeve design.....but that has gone. he has become the very thing he vowed he wouldnt....main stream popstar.

And not even main stream - he's age-appropriately an adult contemporary singer.

I like the cover.

Morrissey likes the cover.

I don’t see a problem.

:cool:

I like the cover.

Morrissey likes the cover.

I don’t see a problem.

:cool:

The cover is crap, Ketamine. It's a live shot, blown up and coloured brown. Not just any brown; diarrhoea brown. And that bloody text! Morrissey's name is huge. Even though his head fills the frame. If I had to guess, I'd say that the cover was designed not by a company but by a relative or friend. There's probably no budget for artwork. Which is odd. That's how it looks.

Now, like I've said at least twenty times, compare it to the deluxe cover of Low In High School.

The cover is crap, Ketamine. It's a live shot, blown up and coloured brown. Not just any brown; diarrhoea brown. And that bloody text! Morrissey's name is huge. Even though his head fills the frame. If I had to guess, I'd say that the cover was designed not by a company but by a relative or friend. There's probably no budget for artwork. Which is odd. That's how it looks.

Now, like I've said at least twenty times, compare it to the deluxe cover of Low In High School.

I don’t see a problem.

The deluxe cover of LIHS is literally the same thing. An outdated photo of Morrissey's head with text just slapped on it.

How the hell is this:

dog600-480x489.jpg

The same as this:

image001.png

Look at the font size on the deluxe cover. Look at the overall layout. It was designed to look that way. It's basically art. Morrissey should've won a f***ing award for that cover. Are there awards for album covers? If not, there should be and that cover should win!

Now, look at the BROWN album cover. Look at the size of that f***ing font! Look at the BROWN! Look at it! Someone has just set the pallet to BROWN and then planted Morrissey's head right on top of it. They've then set the font to 500 and typed out his name. Not art. The opposite of art. FART! :)

How the hell is this:

dog600-480x489.jpg

The same as this:

image001.png

Look at the font size on the deluxe cover. Look at the overall layout. It was designed to look that way. It's basically art. Morrissey should've won a f***ing award for that cover. Are there awards for album covers? If not, there should be and that cover should win!

Now, look at the BROWN album cover. Look at the size of that f***ing font! Look at the BROWN! Look at it! Someone has just set the pallet to BROWN and then planted Morrissey's head right on top of it. They've then set the font to 500 and typed out his name. Not art. The opposite of art. FART! :)

Also, why the hell is the 'Y' so close to the 'E' at the end of 'Morrissey' on that BROWN cover?

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom