"I Am Not A Dog On A Chain" - pre-order, format details and exclusives summary; new bundles site

Following on from the Amazon thread, Crash indicate:

Morrissey – I Am Not A Dog On A Chain:
CD Album,
Standard Black Vinyl LP or
Indies Exclusive Coloured Vinyl LP

The vinyl colour that is exclusive to indies is to be confirmed (but rumour has it: clear red vinyl edit: now confirmed as clear red vinyl):

Release Date Friday 20th March

Morrissey
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain

CD Album £11.99
Standard Black Vinyl LP £19.99
Indies Exclusive Coloured Vinyl LP £19.99
(colour to be confirmed)

Tracklist:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind of People Live in These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw the River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

There is no second disc as Amazon first indicated.

The press release (cut and paste from the Warner's sales portal) doing the rounds with the album details is brief:

"First new studio album since 2017, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain was recorded at La Fabrique in France in 2018. The eleven track album, which was produced by Joe Chiccarelli, launches officially on the 10th of January 2020 and will be released on Friday 20th March 2020."

https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/prod...indies-exclusive-coloured-vinyl-lp-pre-order/

Piccadilly Records now list it too with the same information (and have added It's Over to buy on the 24th too):

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=132856

Same via Rough Trade (they, too, have added It's Over 7"):

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/morrissey/i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain

Amazon (UK), since last night, now have the CD & black vinyl versions added and listed separately.

Now for something via superdeluxe and it brings a couple of exclusives too.

Clear vinyl:
59495-706f149870dafe49c78af6a2c4bb7ee3.png

59501-c6ae340c1742fc1e2206614ff23d6f9e.png

And an exclusive cassette.
All found here - this is official and is a portal to buy pretty much everything except the indie red vinyl:

https://morrissey.tmstor.es/

As linked to here:
https://morrissey.lnk.to/chain

There is an extended bit of press release there and Joe is quoted:

‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ was produced by the Grammy Award-winning producer Joe Chicarelli (Beck, The Strokes, The Killers). It was recorded during sessions at Studio La Fabrique in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France and Sunset Sound in Hollywood, California.

"I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey,” said Chicarelli. “This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet. He has pushed the boundaries yet again - both musically and lyrically. And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but… Morrissey!”

So, to summarise:
Digital download,
CD,
Black vinyl,
Mporium w/l 'test pressing' (Limited to 100 copies?),
Indie only clear red vinyl,
Website only clear vinyl,
Website only cassette.

Apologies for the long post, lots of information happened at the same time.
Regards,
FWD.

For the press release in full, please see here via Shorefire.com:

https://shorefire.com/releases/entry/morrissey-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain-march-20th

(link courtesy of @JoeSellMozza).

Central's post:
Morrissey Central: "Album Pre Order Links" - January 11, 2020

Last edited:
After 5 days of no posts, Central gives the most underwhelming album release presentation:

View attachment 54031
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/album-pre-order-links

I wonder if all is well there?
Regards,
FWD.

Well, they haven't posted images of Morrissey product photoshat into pics of dead famous people for a while. Something must be wrong...

Seriously though, Morrissey Central is shit. I come here for all Morrissey updates.

Found the image at Getty Images by Christopher Stewart, Manchester G-MEX December 22, 2006

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/...ive-onstage-news-photo/85036338?adppopup=true

full

2010 or prior.
It was posted in All You Need Is Morrissey frink thread 10 years ago and the photographer's name only links to the original picture I posted of it in one internet 'hit'.
So at least 10 years old or older.
Regards,
FWD.

Attrib: Shirlaine Forrest.
View attachment 54032

It's time ya came to terms with your smile.

8208ec35afddea5c27096b589afa3689.jpg

Now that would've been a better pic for the cover. Could someone use that photograph to mock-up an album cover for I'm Not A Dog On A Chain? Keep the pic as it is. Centre it on a black background. No need to put his name on the cover, just the title will do.

I've thought about all of this quite a lot, and after having danced to it for a few rounds, I must say I do love the new track. The lyrics don't really come across as clever, nor do they tell a good story, but the title line enough is catchy enough to make for a fun track - in a way similar to 'classics' like Fatty.

The artwork - obviously a painful joke to anyone with any interest in graphic design - actually has a grotesque quality that really shows the middle finger to how things should be done, so in that sense the style matches Morrissey's latest interviews which have been equally painful to observe. To sum it up: it's not all bad. And actually even looks somewhat acceptable on the cassette format, composition-wise.

WTF are all you girls going on about the album cover, FFS? o_O
It's the music which counts, not the f***ing album cover.
Jeeezus H, get a f***ing grip & stop wetting your panties. It is what it is....& at the end of the day you'll all buy it, regardless. Find something else to whinge about peerrrllleeezzz. End.
eh excuse me where the f*** did you get all you girls from,im a 55 year old male.

The more I look at this picture I can’t help but imagine him in the retirement home.
This is Steve sat on the commode and the only way the poor staff can get him to have a “try” is to put his shiny shirt on and put a mic in front of him.
“Go on Steve it’s coming, one big push now” :pileofpoop::clap:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
ahh Benjamin you always brighten up my day with your half hearted attempt at being funny.its obvious your best days are behind you.getback to the merch tent.

Suppose Bobby is Bobby Driscoll and Jackie is Jackie Curtis.
nope Jackie is Jackie chan,could be as anybody who is inspired by bruce lee like me cant but help watch Jackie chan.

His current fanbase, or whatever is left of it, is reflected on his songs and artwork.
its Saturday night should you not be out,dont say shouldn't you,iv been out all day and just logged on here.

I've thought about all of this quite a lot, and after having danced to it for a few rounds, I must say I do love the new track. The lyrics don't really come across as clever, nor do they tell a good story, but the title line enough is catchy enough to make for a fun track - in a way similar to 'classics' like Fatty.

The artwork - obviously a painful joke to anyone with any interest in graphic design - actually has a grotesque quality that really shows the middle finger to how things should be done, so in that sense the style matches Morrissey's latest interviews which have been equally painful to observe. To sum it up: it's not all bad. And actually even looks somewhat acceptable on the cassette format, composition-wise.
well said,i couldn't care about the cover, its whats inside that matters.

The more I look at this picture I can’t help but imagine him in the retirement home.
This is Steve sat on the commode and the only way the poor staff can get him to have a “try” is to put his shiny shirt on and put a mic in front of him.
“Go on Steve it’s coming, one big push now” :pileofpoop::clap:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

o_O

stop looking at photos that nobody has asked you to look at and get a job FFS:straightface:
the UK is going is going to explode from you all lazy Skinny cuckers who are on the dole and
worried about everything but employment.o_O

Jeeezus H, get a f***ing grip & stop wetting your panties. It is what it is....& at the end of the day you'll all buy it, regardless. Find something else to whinge about peerrrllleeezzz. End.
I was actually agreeing with you.

Remember that the Skinnies are Muslim and reject imagages as idols.:nomouth:

Send them all to Tehran see how much dole they qualify for over there.:smilingimp:

So the American collector gets screwed again,
If I want the clear vinyl, which is only available through The Lp store (I'm not a dog on a chain store)exclusive ,it ships from UK.
I also want the red, but its only available to indie stores(thank goodness for Rough Trade NYC)
No where on earth can I order the red and clear together at one outlet
I'm paying more in postage and shipping than for the damn record...
Seriously this is the times when I wish I lived across the pond.....
At least i could drive to get them

Please someone tell me i got this wrong and guide me in the right direction to where only one transaction is needed

It's time ya came to terms with your smile.

8208ec35afddea5c27096b589afa3689.jpg
well said turk,as you get older you don't like what you see in the mirror,thats why I refuse to have my picture taken.still young at heart though.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom