Poll I Am Not A Dog On A Chain will enter the UK album chart at number...

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain will enter the UK album chart at number...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stop typing bollocks!

Gary Glitter has 21,065 Followers on Spotify.

Morrissey has 683,214 Followers on Spotify. His followers on Spotify have been increasing by the thousands on a weekly basis. Go read my Spotify thread if you don't believe me!

“Want proof? Read my blog!”

4A8ADEC5-C460-4CA6-A28A-A018284A7AC0.gif

If that really was the case, he would put them out independently. And he has made it clear that he won't do that: "My talents do not lie in the diy".
There's a huge gap between releasing it on a major label and DIY.
And there will always be interest by plenty of (big and small) record companies in funding and realeasing Morrissey-albums in the future.
Like there is in releasing albums by contemporary artists such as The Pretenders, or Iggy Pop, or Echo and the Bunnymen and so forth.

All of this is bollocks. The only one that counts is the official charts at the end of the week. All these triumphalist snapshots will be forgotten. Or maybe not. Maybe...in 5 years' time, we'll all be talking about the beautiful moment when he was top of the Amazon charts for two hours.
Indeed, the only thing that matters is the official charts. And it enters at 3 there today. Like only 6 of his previous albums managed. Facts. Face them.

Indeed, the only thing that matters is the official charts. And it enters at 3 there today. Like only 6 of his previous albums managed. Facts. Face them.

If its sold less than California Son (which you said sold poorly as it was a covers album) will Morrissey be happy?

And there will always be interest by plenty of (big and small) record companies in funding and realeasing Morrissey-albums in the future.
Like there is in releasing albums by contemporary artists such as The Pretenders, or Iggy Pop, or Echo and the Bunnymen and so forth.

BMG was one of those labels Thewlis.

Someone mentioned lack of promotion. Why HAS there been so little promotion? No proper video, no physical single release, no appearances (other than a few gigs), no interviews. I’m assuming it’s Moz’ own choice.

Really, If I released an album last year and the one I released this year sold less - no I wouldn't be happy

Don't forget that a lot of record shops have had to close due to coronavirus. You know this! That will affect sales.

If its sold less than California Son (which you said sold poorly as it was a covers album) will Morrissey be happy?

I’d give up with that Thewlis. One deluded, radicalised creature that.

The level of delusion round here is unbelievable. What will it take for you to realise that Morrissey has lost a staggering number of fans in the last two years? At least half, probably two thirds. Things were going pretty well for him up to this point. He was a well known name, a legendary icon, new generations were discovering his stuff, radio was playing his new singles, his 2018 UK arena tour was the biggest tour he'd ever done, solo or Smiths. And now it's all gone massively tits up, and we all know exactly why. This has not happened to any of the other artists you mention who continue their careers as original, legendary artists respected by tens of thousands, and able to continue their careers on the same level into old age.
Morrissey has become a figure of hate. A man who's public image is now that of a racist, far-right extremist. It shouldn't be - I know and you know that this doesn't reflect who he truly is - but you can't blame the wider world for jumping to this conclusion when evidence of his unambiguous support for far-right politics is sitting there on his own personal website. Wake up.

Don't forget that a lot of record shops have had to close due to coronavirus. You know this! That will affect sales.
Indeed, the biggest crisis since almost a 100 years, no promotion, no airplay, and still top-3!
A huge success if there ever was one.

Indeed, the biggest crisis since almost a 100 years, no promotion, no airplay, and still top-3!
A huge success if there ever was one.
Is it top 3? Has the chart been published? Or is it later tonight?

Back
Top Bottom