Morrissey Central "I Am Not Resigned" (August 24, 2020)

Untitled_cw9umc.jpg

I Am Not Resigned

I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground
So it is, and so it will be, for it has been, time out of mind
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely
Crowned with lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned

Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew
A formula, a phrase remains - but the best is lost

The answers quick and keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love -
they are gone. They are gone to feed the roses. But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses of the world.

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave
I know.
But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.

-Edna St. Vincent Millay.

I have never approved of the idea of burials in the earth, even though they are probably the most hygienic solution, if you want to keep the body intact and recognizable for the final service.

All those people, all those lives... Where are they now?

All that we hope is that when we go, our skin and our blood and our bones don't get in the way...

People grieve in different ways. You don’t get to have an opinion on that. You don’t get to have any say in that. What you find hard to believe doesn’t matter. How you feel and your questions about how someone should or shouldn't deal with death, loss and all the emotions tangled up in that are best kept to yourself. Be kind. Be understanding. I’d like to believe you are better that what you just wrote. ❤
As long as he is publishing it openly I have a right to give an opinion. As you just did!

I understand his pain and the bad time he is going through, but I find hard to believe he needs to heal by doing it public constantly. Does he has any sense of privacy? He never wants to give interviews and be in social media, but he is making public something so personal and private like this. He is showing too much self-pity and victimisation.
That is probably better than keeping it all inside. I don't think we should be questioning or criticising Moz now. People handle things differently.

i have to assume the burial happened in Dublin yesterday? Probably for the best that Moz didn't publicise the details in advance.

“More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses of the world.”

You hear that? Stop sending flowers. He doesn’t care about them anymore. Instead, prepare to send flowers to the site of MozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZ’s final resting place, for the Earth is calling for his body.

Tick tock...
⏳
People like you make a very strong argument for site moderation. When your only intent is to hurt then you should take a very hard look at yourself. Why go through life like a blood sucking leach that everyone despises. You made a conscious decision to be a boring and unamusing twat. You could make a conscious decision to be decent and rejoin the human race.

People like you make a very strong argument for site moderation. When your only intent is to hurt then you should take a very hard look at yourself. Why go through life like a blood sucking leach that everyone despises. You made a conscious decision to be a boring and unamusing twat. You could make a conscious decision to be decent and rejoin the human race.
I'm guessing he's an ex-fan like most of the trolls round here.
He became so sickened by Steve campaigning for the far right (wearing their emblems, urging people to vote for them) and all the other ghastly stuff he's done and said in recent times, that he's turned against him. These people were obsessed by Steve way back when he was a decent, sensitive, intelligent, compassionate man. Now that he's arguably none of these things, the trolls remain obsessed but in an understandably negative way. It's not pretty stuff but it's easy to understand

After reading these MC posts each day, I find myself mourning this lady's passing more and more. In reflection, I am missing my Dad, Grandmom, Uncles and Aunts. This poem Dirge Without Music is expressive of death.

More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses of the world. 💔

this kind of thing brings out the best and worst in people, it is clear that there are a lot of kind people who genuinely feel for M on here, but there are also the worst kind of people on here too, all of you well wishers i'm sure M will take some comfort from your words and as for all the nasty idiots posting hatred at a time like this, then you need to take a good long look in the mirror and don't be surprised if you don't like what you see staring back at you.. best regards, Manc Lad

'Moderation' starts with the person reading and reacting. Every single crumb you throw the 'shocking' troll, the 'argumentative' troll, the 'disinhibited' troll, the 'trying to sound academic to rubbish you' troll, the 'it's him repeatedly - look at the IP hash' troll, the obvious 'returning banned member' troll, the 'feverishly using vpns to cover their bullshit, but not as anonymous as they think' troll, the 'pizza cutter troll' (all edge - no point), the 'interjection of off topic nonsense' troll et al ad nauseum.... every crumb increases the chances of their behaviour reoccurring. If every 'Morrissey needs to die' post was met with silence - their arousal needs probably wouldn't be met. I'd urge anyone who feels this type of contributor to the site is 'trolling' makes an effort to suppress their urge to retort, reins in their ego and urgent desire to type the 'correct' way to see things to counter them and simply tries to starve them of what they desire in the first place by not replying - which, unfortunately seems to be very difficult for some to grasp despite the fact that actually trying it consistently might decrease problematic users.
Rapidly considering retirement,
FWD.

I reckon nice pull California Son! Going deep into the archives of the pics of the California Mom. The sea wall in San Pedro Ports O'Call has a special meaning for all of us Californians too and I know it was one of your California Mom's favorite spots. I hope pics get posted soon of her showing you how to surf in Malibu as a weeeeee lad aye fark arse chipper curry tosh inn nnn n n n n nn nnn it.

No Morrissey resigned you are not. Even in death you dare to attack a political system that doesn't work. You are now more than ever in your career an important voice of reason in a world where so few dare to speak their mind. Silence is violence but your voice will never silence not even after your death as you have already left a legacy few can rival.
In my view people become more alive in death as that is when we who are left behind really appreciate them and think about them. I never believed in mourning or grief but death leaves emptiness behind and that emptiness we fill with memories.
The dead leaves clues for us to solve and in many ways I know my parents better now than I did when they lived.

'Moderation' starts with the person reading and reacting. Every single crumb you throw the 'shocking' troll, the 'argumentative' troll, the 'disinhibited' troll, the 'trying to sound academic to rubbish you' troll, the 'it's him repeatedly - look at the IP hash' troll, the obvious 'returning banned member' troll, the 'feverishly using vpns to cover their bullshit, but not as anonymous as they think' troll, the 'pizza cutter troll' (all edge - no point), the 'interjection of off topic nonsense' troll et al ad nauseum.... every crumb increases the chances of their behaviour reoccurring. If every 'Morrissey needs to die' post was met with silence - their arousal needs probably wouldn't be met. I'd urge anyone who feels this type of contributor to the site is 'trolling' makes an effort to suppress their urge to retort, reins in their ego and urgent desire to type the 'correct' way to see things to counter them and simply tries to starve them of what they desire in the first place by not replying - which, unfortunately seems to be very difficult for some to grasp despite the fact that actually trying it consistently might decrease problematic users.
FWD.

Please don't retire from this site. Seriously.

One great poet quotes the words of another great poet. Edna St Vincent Millay died after falling down stairs - she wasn't found until several hours after she had died, lying there on the floor where she had fallen, alone and in pain. Life is a pigsty.

FWD.
Thank you FWD for writing the most sane, rational and important post to be published here in a long time. The unfortunate thing about the internet is that it has allowed every wank stain with a keyboard free reign to post whatever they want, wherever they want. Of course it is annoying for anybody with more than 3 brain cells and the temptation to redress the balance is really difficult to ignore. The only weapon you have is to not respond. Replying just gives them the ammunition to continue. The abhorrent Skinny would soon disappear if no one every fueled his ego by taking him on or challenging his moronic views. The current crop of moronic scum wishing Morrissey dead or mocking his grief at the death of his mother are a new low...but nothing said here will stop them posting. Just don't read them and don't reply.

FWD - never retire. You alone are the reason most people keep on returning to the site. Keep safe.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom