Morrissey Central "I Am Not Resigned" (August 24, 2020)

Untitled_cw9umc.jpg

I Am Not Resigned

I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground
So it is, and so it will be, for it has been, time out of mind
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely
Crowned with lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned

Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew
A formula, a phrase remains - but the best is lost

The answers quick and keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love -
they are gone. They are gone to feed the roses. But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses of the world.

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave
I know.
But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.

-Edna St. Vincent Millay.

'Moderation' starts with the person reading and reacting. Every single crumb you throw the 'shocking' troll, the 'argumentative' troll, the 'disinhibited' troll, the 'trying to sound academic to rubbish you' troll, the 'it's him repeatedly - look at the IP hash' troll, the obvious 'returning banned member' troll, the 'feverishly using vpns to cover their bullshit, but not as anonymous as they think' troll, the 'pizza cutter troll' (all edge - no point), the 'interjection of off topic nonsense' troll et al ad nauseum.... every crumb increases the chances of their behaviour reoccurring. If every 'Morrissey needs to die' post was met with silence - their arousal needs probably wouldn't be met. I'd urge anyone who feels this type of contributor to the site is 'trolling' makes an effort to suppress their urge to retort, reins in their ego and urgent desire to type the 'correct' way to see things to counter them and simply tries to starve them of what they desire in the first place by not replying - which, unfortunately seems to be very difficult for some to grasp despite the fact that actually trying it consistently might decrease problematic users.
Rapidly considering retirement,
FWD.

FWD, you’re the only reason I keep checking this site. I hope you carry on. Thanks. 👍

Rule Britannia!

FWD, you’re the only reason I keep checking this site. I hope you carry on. Thanks. 👍
Sorry, was no melodrama intended. Nor was it a dig at Acton. Just needing to be lots of places at once and feeling a bit stretched. Plus, 'ignore the troll' is sensible advice even here :)
Regards,
FWD.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

I have never approved of the idea of burials in the earth, even though they are probably the most hygienic solution, if you want to keep the body intact and recognizable for the final service.
hate funerals that much im not even going to my own.

Thank you FWD for writing the most sane, rational and important post to be published here in a long time. The unfortunate thing about the internet is that it has allowed every wank stain with a keyboard free reign to post whatever they want, wherever they want. Of course it is annoying for anybody with more than 3 brain cells and the temptation to redress the balance is really difficult to ignore. The only weapon you have is to not respond. Replying just gives them the ammunition to continue. The abhorrent Skinny would soon disappear if no one every fueled his ego by taking him on or challenging his moronic views. The current crop of moronic scum wishing Morrissey dead or mocking his grief at the death of his mother are a new low...but nothing said here will stop them posting. Just don't read them and don't reply.

FWD - never retire. You alone are the reason most people keep on returning to the site. Keep safe.
the dirty dozen wll never leave here.its also a crime on here to not read a book,i ant reading any books,leave that to my five sisters.people who thnk they are super intelligent.used to be a place for all,shame that it changed to a right dump.

I remember seeing this on BBC2 many years ago and it brought tears to my eyes. Ginsberg wrote it after the death of his father - but could just as easily be called Mother Death Blues...

FWD is right ,do not respond to these people are "Empty hearts"
INDIFFERENCE KILLS MAN!.

I'm sorry for his loss, but has it occurred to him to be slightly more dignified and less public about it.

hate funerals that much im not even going to my own.
My auntie, who just died, never went to a funeral in her life (including her own parents). She said, 'I don't do funerals.' We rather enjoyed the joke of her having to finally turn up for her own.

My auntie, who just died, never went to a funeral in her life (including her own parents). She said, 'I don't do funerals.' We rather enjoyed the joke of her having to finally turn up for her own.
she sounds great,condolences for a special lady.

BEAUTIFUL PUBLICATION BY MOZ🙏

MUCH POSITIVITY FROM
Croatia.jpg

Sorry, was no melodrama intended. Nor was it a dig at Acton. Just needing to be lots of places at once and feeling a bit stretched. Plus, 'ignore the troll' is sensible advice even here :)
Regards,
FWD.
Of course you can consider retiring, but I hope you'll be able to work things out and stay. 🌠

My Mum couldn't abide them either. Probably cos she'd been to so many. That wartime generation saw death in a way that is unimaginable, even now. She came to scorn the whole Irish religious malarkey she was raised in too, after the Church, or rather the priests, betrayed her once too often. Made us promise that we would never let her be buried, as she believed it was ghoulish and pointless for those she loved to be made to stand around looking at a headstone in the ground. We were proud to organise a Humanist cremation. No priests within sniffing distance...

Lots of people look for consolation in books, poems, films or songs during hard times. Being an artist himself who was inspired by so many other great artists, and who became an inspiration for so many others, it should come as no surprise. And it is beautiful. Perhaps one of his mother's favorites?

Lets not forget that it was his mother who introduced him to poetry, literature and the English language in the first place. Probably her most wonderful gift to him, and to all of us through him. THANK YOU for that, Elisabeth.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom