Morrissey Central "I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD" (August 23, 2020)

I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD

“Following a stroke, her recovery was remarkable.
She had three extensive head-to-toe examinations by the NHS who could find nothing amiss.
Four days following the third all-clear examination I was told that my mother had three weeks to live.
Nine days later she had withered and died without any attempt by the NHS to save her life.
Once the NHS waves you off with paracetamol, get ready to meet your maker.
The official cause of my mother’s death was not the trendy and unquestionable “covid” - but, instead, cancer of the gallbladder … which had gone undetected by the NHS during their three thorough investigations.
How I wish to all gods that my mother had expressed no faith in the NHS.
She might still be alive today.”

Morrissey
23 August 2020.

Untitled_b47und.jpg

Media item:

Like everyone else I’m just trying to make sense of something so tragic...

I would assume that, even with very mild continuous symptoms - like indigestion, stomach pain, and bloating, she would have had enough discomfort to seek medical attention. There would have been pain at stage one or two of gallbladder cancer. She had to be stage three or four to only have three weeks to live.

My mother had gallbladder issues for a couple of years. Pain associated with a high bilirubin count (and other problems) concerned doctors enough that they decided to remove it.

I feel terrible for Morrissey. The pain he is feeling is unimaginable.

There is no indication anywhere in Morrissey's post that she had symptoms at any time that were connected with gallbladder cancer. She was being checked for something unrelated. If you go to a doctor saying you have headaches they are not going to check you for gallbladder cancer. They can only work with what they are being told. If Morrissey had paid for her to have a full body MRI scan and CT scan years ago, like 10-15 years ago then maybe they would have spotted it in time to treat but no one does that unless you are slightly paranoid. Survival rates for this cancer for an elderly lady are nigh on zero.

It can be asymptomatic for years until it is too late. She didn't go with symptoms that you describe. The NHS are not mind readers and they don't scan as a precautionary measure for the whole population when there are no symptoms.

"Gallbladder issues" are not necessarily the same as gallbladder cancer which often goes completely undetected with no symptoms. It is the horrible nature of cancer. We could be sitting here with cancer for more than 10years and not know it and then get a terminal diagnosis with little time left. It happens all the time.

Statistically the outcome for a woman in her 80s with gallbladder cancer would have been the same even if it had been detected early.

Good to hear HL.

My dad never really managed to get over the shaved armpit portion of Morrissey's ouevre {'The Oxter Incident' as it was known hereabouts}. There was a slight rapprochement on the night of the 1990 Jonathan Ross telly performance when he was heard to mutter "Looks like bloody Elvis". But beyond that, zilch.

He is currently being cared for in an NHS Mental Health Facility, having been admitted the week before Christmas after roundhousing me, when í suggested that maybe it wouldn't be the best idea for him to go out at 2am on a freezing December night? When he then went laughing for his favourite hammer, í called the NHS community health team and the cops. Eventually they admitted him that night {they were happy to leave him with me. í overheard the cops debating whether í would be able to 'handle' my dad. When í asked them if í would receive immunity if í lamped him when he next came at me, they seemed confused. It was the only time the boy cop stopped chewing his gum}.

He was finally diagnosed with Vascular Dementia {the really shit kind}; which is some kind of karma í guess, as he was always furious at my Mum for being dementia ridden.

While in their care, to date, he has sailed through a Covid19 bout {caught while in their care} and is now on his third chest infection {all 3 while in their care}. Where is Hattie Jacques when you need her?
Before the Doctors Anonymous & Co chip in, this criticism of instances of NHS care isn't tantamount to calls for defunding and instant privatisation. It's a call for an improvement of the NHS system & practices. Which, as far as í read the intent of "I Don't Know Why My Mother Is Dead" seems to be not too dissimilar. But this thread is a neat summation of the debate in this country ~ the Left have the NHS so high up on a sacred golden plinth that it's untouchable, and beyond any criticism, while the Right have it wrapped and ready to be sold to the highest bidder.

Meanwhile, we all get sicker, in body and soul.

You've really been through it. Hug.

Nothing emphasises the absolute absurdity of existence more than the death of a loved one. We are all condemned to the same fate. Moz's anger is so human and understandable. At the minute his anger is directed at the NHS - because anger has to be directed at someone or something. But he is really just angry at the fact that his mum is gone - and the senseless absurdity of it all. Ultimately the stages of grief reach 'acceptance'. Moz is clearly a spiritual thinker - I'm sure he will get there, but it takes time.

spiritual thinker?

Good to hear HL.

My dad never really managed to get over the shaved armpit portion of Morrissey's ouevre {'The Oxter Incident' as it was known hereabouts}. There was a slight rapprochement on the night of the 1990 Jonathan Ross telly performance when he was heard to mutter "Looks like bloody Elvis". But beyond that, zilch.

He is currently being cared for in an NHS Mental Health Facility, having been admitted the week before Christmas after roundhousing me, when í suggested that maybe it wouldn't be the best idea for him to go out at 2am on a freezing December night? When he then went laughing for his favourite hammer, í called the NHS community health team and the cops. Eventually they admitted him that night {they were happy to leave him with me. í overheard the cops debating whether í would be able to 'handle' my dad. When í asked them if í would receive immunity if í lamped him when he next came at me, they seemed confused. It was the only time the boy cop stopped chewing his gum}.

He was finally diagnosed with Vascular Dementia {the really shit kind}; which is some kind of karma í guess, as he was always furious at my Mum for being dementia ridden.

While in their care, to date, he has sailed through a Covid19 bout {caught while in their care} and is now on his third chest infection {all 3 while in their care}. Where is Hattie Jacques when you need her?
Before the Doctors Anonymous & Co chip in, this criticism of instances of NHS care isn't tantamount to calls for defunding and instant privatisation. It's a call for an improvement of the NHS system & practices. Which, as far as í read the intent of "I Don't Know Why My Mother Is Dead" seems to be not too dissimilar. But this thread is a neat summation of the debate in this country ~ the Left have the NHS so high up on a sacred golden plinth that it's untouchable, and beyond any criticism, while the Right have it wrapped and ready to be sold to the highest bidder.

Meanwhile, we all get sicker, in body and soul.
“Where is Hattie Jacques when you need her?”

That’s been on the tip of my tongue for the past ten years. I’m glad someone has finally articulated it.

Lots of people who live in other countries as their main residence still do work trips to the country of their birth/citizenship and yes lots of people may well stay in a relatives house. That is no reason to reject a tax exile status provided they doesn't stay here beyond the limit.

Do you think David Bowie was paying UK income tax as well as living in the US? Yes he would pay a very reduced tax on a particular gig via the promoter but his main income would not be subjected to UK income tax and his company based out of the UK would not be subjected to UK corporation tax.

Do you think Shirley Bassey pays UK tax? Robbie Williams? Phil Collins, another tax exile living in Switzerland? There are loads of them.

I have people working for me who live in the UK who were born elsewhere and do work for me in Germany and the States and Australia but they are under no obligation to pay tax in those countries when they go on a business trip? I have a South African employee for example who has lived in the UK for years and pays tax as most of us do in the UK. He also goes to South Africa to do work for me on business trips but he is under no obligation to pay income tax in South Africa because when he is there he is being paid in the UK and is not there long enough and is not employed there.

I think you are out of your depth when talking about tax legislation and structures. Not many people understand it because they don't need to and it isn't as simple as you make out hence the accountants and tax lawyers every company will have. Every company or artist will have people engaged in ensuring they pay as little tax as they have to and some if possible will try to avoid it completely.

I have hinted at the Switzerland point a few times. Many artists and celebs and indeed companies have links to Switzerland. This historically was used to avoid tax. Switzerland has large benefits for foreign companies and individuals regarding tax. This became harder since the start of 2017 because an agreement was made with the EU to disclose the details of EU citizens that have financial links in Switzerland. So when once people could hide money there and be covered by privacy laws within they will now be known by the EU and by the US. However there are still significant advantages for wealthy individuals to have their money in Switzerland. There are lump sum tax figures calculated for wealthy people that are very low and Switzerland has a Dual Tax Agreement with the UK so that tax would not need to be paid in both countries. There are many artists living in Switzerland or keeping their money there. It isn't just for the mountain air or the skiing.

Where is Morrissey's main residence?

Please ignore this person talking crap - there is no such status as 'tax exile'.
They refer to 'non-resident status' which is completely different from domicile status - neither of which this person seems to understand, never mind the difference between them. A desperate attempt to 'prove' Morrissey is a 'tax cheat'(?) based on ignorance.

I can assure you I understand the difference and you are holding on to terminology which isn't relevant to the discussion at hand.

I understand tax legislation and corporate and individual structures entirely as I need to for my own situation. There is no ignorance I can assure you.

I have said time and time again that what he does is not illegal and I have never used the term tax cheat even though you put it in quotes suggesting that is what I am stating.

As an owner of a very complex tax structure I fully understand it as do my tax lawyers and accountants.

The term tax exile is a valid term although not a term used by the HMRC but it obviously refers to someone who through structures does not pay tax in the UK and avoids paying tax in the UK. I used this term as just that, a term rather than a technical HMRC status which you are saying I am doing which isn't the case.

In terms of your bickering over domicile and residency in this concept it doesn't really matter. What we are talking about with regard to tax, in its simplest structure is tax residency ie where the person's permanent home is and where his main source of income is generated or where the person is a director of a company etc etc. It is possible to be resident in more than one country and individual tax rules per country come into play and it is the lawyers and accountants who will sort that be as efficient as possible according to those varying rules.

Generally most people's tax residency is the same as their domicile.

Domicile or non domicile status can have significant impact on tax liability and comes into play significantly when dealing with things like inheritance tax etc.

Both terms often get used together because for the most part for most people it equates to the same country. People are usually domiciled in the country where they were born but when we are talking about families with immigration history it can be the country of the father but this is dependent on specific cases.

Domicile generally refers to the place where the person has a permanent home and it can differ from the country where tax resident.

Morrissey doesn't have a permanent home in the UK and is not tax resident in the UK. As for domiciled country well that depends on many things. It can refer to the county where the permanent home is. It can also be the country of birth or of his father's birth. At 16 he had the choice to change his domicile country and that therefore could have been the UK or Ireland at that point.

When he emigrated to LA his domicile country became where his permanent home was which was the US but as far as HMRC goes he will also have a deemed domicile which would either be the UK or Ireland based on his father's birth.

So when we are talking about migration there is not just one domicile. There is the domicile of origin which will automatically have been the UK unless he changed it to Ireland but when he moved out of the UK his main domicile became the US. His parent's domicile of origin was Ireland and it is possible he took that too.

When we talk about domicile of origin it is possible for someone to born in one country but then have a domicile of origin as the domicile of the father ie where the father was born which is this case would be Ireland and there have historically been legal connections for him in Ireland.

It would be up to his accountants and lawyers to work out the best domicile and residency structure to have to minimise tax liability. It is you calling this cheating but not me. It is perfectly legal and absolutely standard practice for wealthy people wanting to minimise their liabilities.

But all of that is by the by. I have been talking about tax liability and tax residency ie where he pays tax and that is not the UK. I am not saying he doesn't pay tax but he isn't paying it here but that will cause new issues now if he inherits from his mother because that then is another definitive link to the UK financially and how the inheritance tax is paid and who pays it will be something being discussed because inheritance can be problematic when dealing with people with different domiciles and different residencies with regard to tax.

I can understand you disagreeing with things but it would be preferable if you could discuss without being so angry and judgemental and rude.

Since Joyce, he doesn't have one. All assets are in other's names.

We've been having a daft debate about tax - some posters think they know his every movement, tax return & business structure despite not being able to give any details about any of it.

We've been having a daft debate about tax - some posters think they know his every movement, tax return & business structure despite not being able to give any details about any of it.
Here's what I can offer.

His business affairs used to be controlled by a company called Linder Limited, which is no longer in existence.

After the Joyce ruling, everything changed. He changes Law firms very very frequently. His assets were put in Betty's and Jackie's names so that Joyce couldn't touch them.

His publishing moved to the US for the same reasons.

He doesn't exist in the UK in commercial/asset terms.

Therefore he most likely pays no UK Tax as his business affairs are set up to earn no money in the UK.

Why on earth would anyone want to enter such data on a public site. It would be illegal. Asking people to do that would be asking someone to break the law so stupid.

Here's what I can offer.

His business affairs used to be controlled by a company called Linder Limited, which is no longer in existence.

After the Joyce ruling, everything changed. He changes Law firms very very frequently. His assets were put in Betty's and Jackie's names so that Joyce couldn't touch them.

Therefore he most likely pays no UK Tax as his business affairs are set up to earn no money in the UK.

correct. There were other companies too, one called Bona something and another related to The Smiths called smithdom or something like that, all closed and long gone. Everything left the country.

Why on earth would anyone want to enter such data on a public site. It would be illegal. Asking people to do that would be asking someone to break the law so stupid.
Any UK Limited Cos details, & accounts information are accessible to anyone, via Companies House.

Here's what I can offer.

He still has to file the returns to prove why nothing that sells here makes him any money.

Here's what I can offer.

Here's what I can offer.

Here's what I can offer.

He also had Bona Relations with his mum and Smithdom with Johnny Marr

Any UK Limited Cos details, & accounts information are accessible to anyone, via Companies House.

The discussion went beyond public accessible data such as companies house. There was a request to publish details of residency status etc and that info is not public.

He still has to file the returns to prove why nothing that sells here makes him any money.

Where on earth do you get this stuff from?

They are not active companies. They were all closed down. There is no requirement to file anything for a closed company.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom