Morrissey Central "I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD" (August 23, 2020)

I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD

“Following a stroke, her recovery was remarkable.
She had three extensive head-to-toe examinations by the NHS who could find nothing amiss.
Four days following the third all-clear examination I was told that my mother had three weeks to live.
Nine days later she had withered and died without any attempt by the NHS to save her life.
Once the NHS waves you off with paracetamol, get ready to meet your maker.
The official cause of my mother’s death was not the trendy and unquestionable “covid” - but, instead, cancer of the gallbladder … which had gone undetected by the NHS during their three thorough investigations.
How I wish to all gods that my mother had expressed no faith in the NHS.
She might still be alive today.”

Morrissey
23 August 2020.

Untitled_b47und.jpg

Media item:

Heart wrenching. This is all so foreshadowing for myself and of my mom. Being a caregiver to my mom, I've learnt that you have to be your own advocate no matter who is treating you medically. Speak up, get other opinions, it's OK to say no. The medical science is not always right. The world is full of numerous people living who have been misdiagnosed. Listen to your body, you are the only person who can internally know something is different about yourself. I wish everyone peace and a long life!

He has every right to feel upset. This was horrible to read. He should look into if any legal action could be taken. I can’t even begin to imagine how disgusting this must feel, to lose someone you love like that. The what-ifs and the helplessness...
Legal action isn't always the answer. It's just taking money off the tax payer, although no doubt Moz has given a lot in tax for nearly 40 years now. But it sounds like, although Moz is angry with the NHS, maybe there was nothing anyone could have done. Still, the shock of getting that terrible news after being given the all clear must be soul destroying.

You don't know his tax status. And nothing has been proven.

really. I beg to differ.

And where is his UK house? You think it is normal for a millionaire who spends time in the UK to not actually own a house?

Good reason for that

I was upset when the black nurse expected me to get my dad's urine in a little kidney shaped bowl, instead of her. I was also upset when I constantly phoned a hospital miles from me trying to get updates and nobody ever answered.

and that means the NHS is crap. 3 million people working the NHS and social care sector.

Tragically if she only had a matter of weeks to live, no amount of treatment (NHS or otherwise) would have saved her. Her body weakened after a stroke, she would not have been able to tolerate chemotherapy to prolong her life either - although at such a late stage it probably wouldn't have been effective anyway.

I do hope that his awful loss will not unmoor Morrissey completely. Anger is part of the grieving process, but I hope for his sake he finds some peace soon.

This is the most honest Morrissey post I've read in ten years.

Heart wrenching. This is all so foreshadowing for myself and of my mom. Being a caregiver to my mom, I've learnt that you have to be your own advocate no matter who is treating you medically. Speak up, get other opinions, it's OK to say no. The medical science is not always right. The world is full of numerous people living who have been misdiagnosed. Listen to your body, you are the only person who can internally know something is different about yourself. I wish everyone peace and a long life!

10 years ago my beloved grandmother was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer. She was 85 years old at the time. Her doctors gave us two options: Do nothing and let her eventually die within 6 months, or surgery which would have given her a 50/50 chance of surviving. Our family was divided on this. My uncle wanted to go ahead with the surgery. I did not. I thought it seemed unnecessarily invasive on her weakened body (by this time, she was mostly immobilized). My mother just cried and cried. We fought about it for a week. Ultimately, my grandmother decided HERSELF to proceed with the surgery. She recovered. She's 95 now. And one day soon, she will ascend.

All my love to Morrissey and to every person who is struggling to care for an elderly parent under healthcare systems constrained by decades of neoliberal austerity. I wish for all of us to be governed by the sensible Norwegians, Singaporeans, and the Danes -all of whom have created policies of extremely well-funded long term care to aid in the difficult time of the decade beyond the autumn of our lives.

Last edited:
really. I beg to differ.

And where is his UK house? You think it is normal for a millionaire who spends time in the UK to not actually own a house?

Good reason for that

Tax payments for performers are an endless headache. I don't know what his set-up is - but he's not been caught in a tax shelter or expenses scandal & his accountant has to submit something no matter where he's resident.

Here is some of the faff he'd have to go through even if he became an American.

More ignorant UK tax comments.

That took you a while to think up.

What would you want instead?

I think the NHS is a great institution and is the pride of the UK.

You think providing healthcare to it's residents is a bad thing?

When you take away the free market, any institution becomes a failure. The principal of capitalism is competition. The NHS doesnt have completion so it turns into a monopoly. Monopoly in any society 8s the worst outcome.

Here in the U.S., Iatrogenic is the third major cause of death & adverse effects, resulting from medical care and treatments by allopathic doctors, surgeons, and hospitals, such as unnecessary surgery; medication errors in hospitals, other errors in hospitals; adverse effects of medication... the #s don't include adverse care of patients in nursing facilities or home care, which brings the death rate higher.

Each to his own but we all know the end result all too well. People who defend the NHS do so not because they know it is better but because they want to defend a political system that they personally gain something from. Meanwhile people end up disabled and dead as a result.

whereas in the US in a system that doesn't have a state provided health care system people just die because they can't afford to pay.

I know which society I would prefer to live in

Der Spiegel did change the context - they made it seem like direct snappy answers to direct questions. Instead of the rambling conversation it was. Just like this thread has gone from Morrissey wishing his Mother had less faith in the NHS to implying he wants it abolished.

You make excuses for him when the rest of us can read English and we all heard the recordings.

You complain about people leading to conclusions that are not there but actually it is you who always twists the words by adding self opinionated theories to them to state what he is saying but there is nothing in the actual text that backs up what you always say.

There are people on here you are saying the NHS should be abolished because that is their own opinion but I haven't seen anyone state Morrissey has said he wants to abolish the NHS.

He has though criticised the NHS very clearly in relation to the reason his mother died and to not see that suggests some comprehension issues. You can only take what is there in black and white. By adding your own idea of what he actually means is not factual, it is your own theory, and not backed up by anything that is real.

But what has that got to do with this scenario? She was diagnosed of gallbladder cancer weeks ago.

Do you suggest someone could have cured it in a matter of weeks?

Survival rate of this type of cancer is less that 10% and that 10% is mostly within the under 50 age groups, not someone in their 80s.

You make excuses for him when the rest of us can read English and we all heard the recordings.

You complain about people leading to conclusions that are not there but actually it is you who always twists the words by adding self opinionated theories to them to state what he is saying but there is nothing in the actual text that backs up what you always say.

There are people on here you are saying the NHS should be abolished because that is their own opinion but I haven't seen anyone state Morrissey has said he wants to abolish the NHS.

He has though criticised the NHS very clearly in relation to the reason his mother died and to not see that suggests some comprehension issues. You can only take what is there in black and white. By adding your own idea of what he actually means is not factual, it is your own theory, and not backed up by anything that is real.

Of course it shouldn't be abolished but it's not this gold standard of health care we should have.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom