I f**king love Stephen King

obit-heston.jpg

Little known fact, for people who don't pay attention to names, Stephen King is in fact doubly crowned, so doubly cool. (And just a tiny wee bit scary).

Like Stephen Hawking, except that in that case the "haw" completely ruins the effect. What were his parents thinking. He came that close to selling millions of books.

(Needless to say, it's only StePHen that is a great first name...)

As long as he doesn't write, he's OK.... Nothing against the person, but I wouldn't touch a book by him even if I am wearing 15 pairs of gloves. Bad fiction.

As long as he doesn't write, he's OK.... Nothing against the person, but I wouldn't touch a book by him even if I am wearing 15 pairs of gloves. Bad fiction.
Every written word only makes sense if in films and tv series and that goes for all authors. This comment will drive the short sighted fan club of books mad.

Scary looking MFR! Has a racoon face !
His 'books' are comic book level. Awful dreck.:pileofpoop:

Every written word only makes sense if in films and tv series and that goes for all authors. This comment will drive the short sighted fan club of books mad.

I don't think I've ever read anything as dumb as that comment.

What Stephen King books have you read?

I like him. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and Salem's Lot being two of my favourites...

I don't think I've ever read anything as dumb as that comment.
That's because you like every book reader is a narcissist believing your take on a book is the only one that matters. A book is just black letters on white paper and can never compare to a film or tv series with sound and moving picture and so much more.

This "the book was so much better" is the first sign that someone is a narcissist.

Be kind to Stephen King or I'll kill you!

:eek:

Apologies, I just got a flash of the twins from the Shining, for some reason.

That's because you like every book reader is a narcissist believing your take on a book is the only one that matters. A book is just black letters on white paper and can never compare to a film or tv series with sound and moving picture and so much more.

This "the book was so much better" is the first sign that someone is a narcissist.

I like books that are very visual in how they're worded, in that you can see what the author is describing almost as if it were a film. Maybe you'd like books like that?

Things like Catch 22, David Copperfield or for an easier read The Peculiar Memoirs of Thomas Penman or The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden.

I haven't read any Stephen King books, maybe one day I'll read a horror, he has some interesting things to say outside of that.

I like books that are very visual in how they're worded, in that you can see what the author is describing almost as if it were a film. Maybe you'd like books like that?

Things like Catch 22, David Copperfield or for an easier read The Peculiar Memoirs of Thomas Penman or The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden.

I haven't read any Stephen King books, maybe one day I'll read a horror, he has some interesting things to say outside of that.
I know what you mean and I have read books where an author has a rich language and that part is pleasant BUT it's stupid to claim a book is better than a film or a tv series. I know people twist things so that it fits their world view and that always happens with book readers.

I stopped reading books because they were all about the holocaust in one way or the other and that is still the case. It is always present in every god damn book and if you can't see it you have no brain.

Your attempt at being patronising is something I'd like to answer one on one not that you'd ever dare to make that happen which goes for everyone on this sorry shit site.

What Stephen King books have you read?

His books are on TV and are very stupid, the last one where we all are in an alien ant farm. We exist to amuse some aliens with big heads.
Mr Magoo has more going for him that Stephen "Racoon Head" King.:straightface:

Why read him when you can see him!

LOL

Swedish defence lawyer and author copied King when he made a cameo in one of his own tv series walking past the other lawyers in the office. Like King did in at least a few movies. He looked great as a priest.

I assume no one ever took his work as serious and that but hey did manage to turn many of his works into great films and tv series.

Why read him when you can see him!

LOL

Swedish defence lawyer and author copied King when he made a cameo in one of his own tv series walking past the other lawyers in the office. Like King did in at least a few movies. He looked great as a priest.

I assume no one ever took his work seriously and that but hey did manage to turn many of his works into great films and tv series.

I know what you mean and I have read books where an author has a rich language and that part is pleasant BUT it's stupid to claim a book is better than a film or a tv series. I know people twist things so that it fits their world view and that always happens with book readers.

I stopped reading books because they were all about the holocaust in one way or the other and that is still the case. It is always present in every god damn book and if you can't see it you have no brain.

Your attempt at being patronising is something I'd like to answer one on one not that you'd ever dare to make that happen which goes for everyone on this sorry shit site.

I didn't mean it like that, just sometimes you need an easy in, I do if I haven't read anything for a while.

I must say none of my recommendations had anything to do with the holocaust although one did entail airforce pilots trying to duck out of dying in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom