Morrissey Central I FOUND A PICTURE OF YOU, OLIVIA RODRIGO & FOREVER CAME TODAY (February 9, 2021)

I FOUND A PICTURE OF YOU
February 9, 2021
IT HIJACKED MY WORLD AT NIGHT

Peta_Hyde_vduzt0.jpg

Chain-gang Chrissie with Morrissey, City of lost angels, a lifetime ago.

OLIVIA RODRIGO
February 9, 2021

unnamed_r2aaqp.jpg

FOREVER CAME TODAY
February 9, 2021
Mary Wilson dies, aged 76

skynews-mary-wilson-the-supremes_5266605_zjumax.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon:

the city the California Son lives
the city of angels
as happy as he is
together we laugh at delusional wackos on so-low

chipper curry third cousin from Ireland playing on the LA kickball team northern base bunny man booger off inn n nn nnnnn nn n n nnnn nn n n it.

Glad somebody spotted the trainers. They're part of the reason I posted this particular picture 😅
Not that unusual per se, but this particular model is an odd choice given the occasion.

As for belts, he always used to wear one in the 90s, but I guess... Hector was the first of the gang to die?

View attachment 68492

(Photo by Linder)

I reckon no. I reckon photo by AztecCamera buggle off mate inn nn nnn nn nnnn nnn n it.

I think so. Moving to LA seemed really good for him. The years immediately before that were extremely tough for him. The break up from Jake. The Joyce court case. The disappointing reception to Maladjusted.

He may have been without a record deal, but I think that actually removed a lot of the stress in his life. Financially he was sorted for life. And he still toured of course, on his own terms, without the pressure of an album to promote.

Then he recorded Quarry, which got rave reviews and spawned the most commercially successful phase of his career.

By 2004 Morrissey had finally become cool. The media loved him. Bands were tripping over themselves to meet him. The birthday gig. The Move festival. Earls Court.

Heady days.
The thing is though the "move to LA" was kinda a smoke screen, he spent most of the time in the UK, still I concur he seemed happy

What a beatiful photo with her friend!!❤❤👏👏. I love him he is so so sensitive.This type of thing i want emotional things in Central. It would be good to receivea new message from him in the present singing even a verse of something....
Moz is the most sensitive of all singers that way of singing and those sad and beatiful eyes...
OH my Moz!!!❤
He gives me a lot of tenderness😍😍

I think so. Moving to LA seemed really good for him. The years immediately before that were extremely tough for him. The break up from Jake. The Joyce court case. The disappointing reception to Maladjusted.

He may have been without a record deal, but I think that actually removed a lot of the stress in his life. Financially he was sorted for life. And he still toured of course, on his own terms, without the pressure of an album to promote.

Then he recorded Quarry, which got rave reviews and spawned the most commercially successful phase of his career.

By 2004 Morrissey had finally become cool. The media loved him. Bands were tripping over themselves to meet him. The birthday gig. The Move festival. Earls Court.

Heady days.
Of all the larger venue gigs I think Earls Court was my most enjoyable. Remember buying "I have forgiven Jesus" in the morning and then the train heaved on from Banbury to London. Was pleased Earls court was released as a live album great memories, seems a long time ago now.

When a bunch of boring people who mean nothing to me wear Morrissey shirts it doesn't make those people better, it makes Morrissey worse.

Also, Morrissey's daily obituary column of people I have never heard of has become his version of talking about the weather.

He should stick to making records and touring.
No interviews.
No pointless posts.
No shitty photoshops.

Just music.
How could you not have heard of Mary Wilson? She was only the founding member of one of the most successful female singing groups of all time,known as the supremes!

Certain sneakers can still look cool but I agree on the belt. How many times a show does he tug on his jeans? Maybe he’ll try a jumpsuit in Vegas to alleviate that. Worked for the King.
Er, he already did the whole jumpsuit thing, many times.

Er, he already did the whole jumpsuit thing, many times.
He did? The pleather 'Comeback Special suit' he wore was actually a two-piece and the top was too small...

Of all the larger venue gigs I think Earls Court was my most enjoyable. Remember buying "I have forgiven Jesus" in the morning and then the train heaved on from Banbury to London. Was pleased Earls court was released as a live album great memories, seems a long time ago now.
Yes good album this .
Great set list.
So you were at that gig then I take it ?

Seeing that brilliant picture of him, on the roof (for the first time), just makes artwork such as the Swords sleeve seem like wilful malice.
The Swords sleeve must have been printed by mistake. No idea what happened there.
Travis Shinn took much more interesting pictures of him at the time, including the other pictures used in the artwork.
The sailor suit was cute...

SwordsSailor1.jpg
SwordsSailor2.jpg

Yes good album this .
Great set list.
So you were at that gig then I take it ?
yes mate went to that one, was in the seats but still great night. Highlights I remember "Bigmouth" "November" and banging rendition of "Shoplifters" all on the live album of course.
Maybe wrong but I think Redondo Beach was played for the first time that night. If it wasn't the first time I certainly hadn't heard it before then.
hope your powered up by now mate 👍

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom