I have a theory about the Morrissey recent correspondence....

Girl-Afraid

Least Likely To
Ok it might be slightly off but my theory is that due to Johnny's new album release and recent publicity. E.g. interviews with the media etc. I think that Moz may feel he is getting over looked. Although I'm sure he still has admiration for his former partner, I was thinking this could perhaps be due to Johnny having a record deal and Mozzer struggling to get one.
Therefore Morrissey's sudden participation with his audience and fans could have something to do with it.
I am probably way off but just a theory. Either way I love the recent 'logging in' with us on such a regular basis :)

Any thoughts?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that... he wants our attention.

And Kirk's. Obviously.:)

Also, he might be feeling a little (only a little) lonely, and idle.

It was that or crochet, really.

Last edited:
That thought crossed my mind too - Johnny has been all over the Press lately and Morrissey probably feels a bit envious, but I think it's more to do with the fact that being ill and pausing the tour has left him feeling a bit lonely. I don't care much either way, I'm just glad that he's communicating with us in such a warm, personal manner. Haven't seen that side of Morrissey for many years.

I heard that Morrissey once made-out with a hotdog.

Mean girls aside, I have a theory all this nice cosy posting to fans is going to stop when the other support group (Kristeen and the lads) return.
Which is a bit :( as it's something we could get used to.

Well... I'm kinda psychic. I have a fifth sense.​

Maybe he's in love.

...Or maybe it's just that he's taking Stomach Prozach.:thumb:

Morrissey has no record deal because he refuses to sign one. I'm sure that the deal Johnny has is no more favourable than any that Morrissey has walked away from. Obviously I don't know this, but it seems reasonable assumption to me? So I can't really see this being of importance to Morrissey at all. The two are not rivals.

I think it’s the opposite. Morrissey isn’t worried or jealous about Johnny’s recent high profile. More than likely, he would be unaware of it. He has come off touring to countries where he hasn’t performed in years. Decades for some. He is obviously buoyed by the outpouring of emotion and love for him from these fans. His recent health problem has probably made him a bit more aware of his own mortality and age and so he is just enjoying life. He doesn’t have to worry about money. The tour will continue and will have good attendance. A couple of TV appearances will do his self-confidence a world of good.

There is something about society these days that always looks for ulterior motives in everything.

Ok it might be slightly off but my theory is that due to Johnny's new album release and recent publicity. E.g. interviews with the media etc. I think that Moz may feel he is getting over looked. Although I'm sure he still has admiration for his former partner, I was thinking this could perhaps be due to Johnny having a record deal and Mozzer struggling to get one.
Therefore Morrissey's sudden participation with his audience and fans could have something to do with it.
I am probably way off but just a theory. Either way I love the recent 'logging in' with us on such a regular basis :)

Any thoughts?

Morrissey died a long time ago...plus Johnny Marr doesn't look like a guy who needs crazy demands before he is signed...he does have one thing Morrissey doesn't have. A number 1 record in the US.

Morrissey died a long time ago...plus Johnny Marr doesn't look like a guy who needs crazy demands before he is signed...he does have one thing Morrissey doesn't have. A number 1 record in the US.

What is the number 1 hit?

Agree with this proposition. M will be sanguine if slightly discombobulated at his ex's rising profile, so long as Marr doesnt' have hits/packed gigs/best of year reviews from Teh Quietus. Etc. As another poster noted: "Johnny Marr doesn't look like a guy who needs crazy demands before he is signed...he does have one thing Morrissey doesn't have. A number 1 record in the US. " Johnny seems grounded in reality on all levels. He paid up Joyce and got on with his life, not building an 'artistic career' on relationship and business failure victimology. Unlike others. Like Burchill, could cope till Parsons went mega populist at The Mirror as a serious writer not a hapless, hopeless human troll with a blunt nib. Hip young gunslingers, one became bitter and twisted about their failed relationships, one built a life around marriage and parenting, whilst developing their artistic craft......

r.BB

It was just an idea, as I said I am probably way off.
I am sure he is just bored or fancies some human attention.
I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to pick apart his actions in a negative way, I was just confused as to why he has been so familiar lately. I do hope it carries on though.

Back
Top Bottom