I know its gonna......

• Thread starter boy_afraid_Liverpool
  • Start date
B

boy_afraid_Liverpool

Does anyone know if Morrissey was ever quoted on what he thought of Bowie' cover of I know its gonna happen someday?

I was just listening to it for the first time in ages and wondered. Its a great cover i think personally. Not a big bowie fan but this was quality in my opionion

Honestly I didn't care for it too much. Which is weird, because I'm a big fan of Bowie. Not sure what Moz thought about it, but I'm sure he had something pithy prepared.

> Does anyone know if Morrissey was ever quoted on what he thought of Bowie'
> cover of I know its gonna happen someday?

> I was just listening to it for the first time in ages and wondered. Its a
> great cover i think personally. Not a big bowie fan but this was quality
> in my opionion

> Does anyone know if Morrissey was ever quoted on what he thought of Bowie'
> cover of I know its gonna happen someday?

> I was just listening to it for the first time in ages and wondered. Its a
> great cover i think personally. Not a big bowie fan but this was quality
> in my opionion

I remember him saying something in the vicinity that the cover was "lovely", but of course he would, wouldn't he?

Bowie himself thought the original was a partial cover of his own "Rock 'n Roll Suicide", so in essence, he was doing a cover of a cover of himself. How very post-post-modern.

In anycase, as you probably know, Morrissey and Bowie had a falling out (big surprise) and our Mozzer was quoted as calling him "David Showie" and saying "(He is) not the person he was. He is no longer David Bowie at all. Now he gives people what he thinks will make them happy, and they're yawning their heads off. And by doing that, he is not relevant. He was only relevant by accident."

So please turn off the stereo now, Bowie sucks and should be killed. No self-respecting Smiths disciple should ever listen to David Showie ever again!!!

Re: Accept no substitutes. tick tock

Even though we never got on, I agree with you on this one, David shouldn't allow such obvious troll imposters to prosper.

Re: Accept no substitutes. tick tock

What did this have to do with my post asking about the Bowie cover?

FAO Rain Man/freeyourself impersonator

Hey Rain Man/freeyourself impersonator, I'm not surprised you wish you were freeyourself, instead of the ugly ginger freak that you are. It must be awful for you.
btw, all the gay hate posts just make this site more of an embarrassment to Morrissey than it already is.
Surely the decent people who use this site are wondering why your posts are allowed to pollute the site.
David doesn't mind if freeyourself is the target of homophobic abuse, we have already seen that, but he also doesn't seem to care if other gay people have to read such filth either.
His priorities are quite clearly wrong.

Back
Top Bottom