I love World Peace

Fiona

Love Morrissey ♥
We've all had a few months to enjoy World Peace is None of Your Business - I am guessing that our initial opinions on the record may have changed since first hearing it. Albums often take time to understand or appreciate.

I absolutely love this album. I rate it very highly. I enjoyed it from the beginning, but since seeing some of the tracks performed live recently, I have a whole new level of appreciation for these songs.

I have listened to it almost constantly since its release, and I am starting to think this album could sit comfortably in my top 3 favourite Morrissey albums.

I listen to this album and feel genuinely moved by many of the tracks. Mountjoy, I'm Not a Man, Bullfighter Dies and the title track are all beautifully composed. Lyrically gorgeous.

I think my top favourites from this album are: Art Hounds, Mountjoy, and Neal Cassidy Drops Dead, but all of them are special, in my opinion. There aren't many albums where I can honestly say I like most or all of the tracks, but World Peace is fast becoming one of them.

What are your thoughts on the album, now that you've had time to listen and digest? How do you rate it? What are your favourite tracks?

I am really enjoying this latest release, and I can't wait to see where Morrissey takes us fans next with his music. Even after all of these years, he is still so solid, inspired and full of passion. Thank God for Morrissey because so many other artists are just so limp compared to him.

Re: I LOVE World Peace....

It's my second favourite album of the post comeback era, behind ROTT. Strongest tracks for me are Mountjoy, I'm Not A Man, Istanbul, Staircase. Weakest are Earth Is..., Kick the Bride Down The Aisle. Really enjoy a lot of the lyrics, the songs are all strong and show as writers they can pull out a good tune when needed, very impressed with the varied instrumentation on the album and it's move away from the LA rock sound of YOR.

I can't stop listening to it! Even the tracks that didn't warm to me at first like I'm Not A Man and Smiler With Knife are now up there with Istanbul and Mountjoy. Even if this rumoured new album is half as good as World Peace we are in for another fantastic selection of songs!

btw I still don't get why people think Earth Is The Loneliest Planet is a weak song. I f***ing love it! But then again Art Hounds is my least favourite if we include the 2nd disc and apparently everyone loves it apart from me so go figure.

Last edited:
I love every track and everything about it.

My only minor complaint is the slight same-iness of Drag The River / Forgive Someone / Julie In The Weeds. Although, I like those three as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't stop listening to it! Even the tracks that didn't warm to me at first like I'm Not A Man and Smiler With Knife are now up there with Istanbul and Mountjoy. Even if this rumoured new album is half as good as World Peace we are in for another fantastic selection of songs!

btw I still don't get why people think Earth Is The Loneliest Planet is a weak song. I f***ing love it! But then again Art Hounds is my least favourite if we include the 2nd disc and apparently everyone loves it apart from me so go figure.

How dare your 3,000th post be criticising Art-Hounds! :)

I have to wear so much armor to listen to it to not melt down, I don't listen to it often. It's worse than YOR bc of that. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority when I say I'm not looking forward to another album. :( I can't explain it. It's just too exact and bizarre to explain. I'll sneak in a track here or there but God knows and preps me to talk about w him through people...I can't explain it.

Long story short it's too good.

I usually agree with you, but not on this one!

I found a possible WPINOYB track-inspired tattoo. :sweet:

kiss-me-where-i-pee.jpg

I love every track and everything about it.

My only minor complaint is the slight same-iness of Drag The River / Forgive Someone / Julie In The Weeds. Although, I like those three as well.

- - - Updated - - -

How dare your 3,000th post be criticising Art-Hounds! :)

How dare any of you criticise Earth Is The Loneliest Planet! :)

Worthless, pretentious shite. You're welcome. :)

I absolutely love the album. I've been listening to it since July and it gets better and better.
To be honest I really did not expect that it will be this good.

Back
Top Bottom