I may be going crazy

VivaGil

i've got no charm
Lately since my roommates are busier than I, I've been putting my roommate's parrot on my shoulder and chatting with it. Unfortunately its only replies are its name, hello, or cotorito. (spanish for parrot)

Day 2, I think the bird may be ducking me. It can't be sleeping ALL day. I open the cage and she refuses to come out.I must entice it somehow..... maybe a cracker will do.

Day 2, I think the bird may be ducking me. It can't be sleeping ALL day. I open the cage and she refuses to come out.I must entice it somehow..... maybe a cracker will do.

Click. Go "click, click, click" with your tongue on the top of your mouth softly. Or raw pasta always works for my dad's cockatoo. :p Every bird has their own "treat" they prefer though, that's not very universal. But the clicking is, it says you're his friend and mean no harm.

tumblr_ltalj2Ck9T1qbqldro1_400.gif

What kind of parrot?
The bigger ones should not sit on the shoulder in case they get startled, they could do some damage.

Leave the cage door open and slowly leave their treats out where they'll have to come out and get them.
My cockatiel Jude is sweet and trusting right off the bat but the others needed coaxing.
Once you teach them step up they ought to come out when you want. :)

Crackers are bad for birds if they have salt.

Back
Top Bottom