I Posted Morrissey Lyrics on Facebook for a Month and Nobody Called to Check on Me - The Hard Times

Link posted to The Sweet And Tender Hooligans / The Smiths / Morrissey / Marr Facebook group:

I Posted Morrissey Lyrics on Facebook for a Month and Nobody Called to Check on Me - The Hard Times
Article by Sari Beliak @TheCrassCeiling.

Excerpt:

Jobless, heartbroken, living on my mom’s couch. I needed a way to discreetly alert my friends that I was being consumed by the nagging disappointment I call my life.

Then it hit me: The best way to express the pain I felt was through brooding and melancholy song lyrics. I knew what had to be done. I posted Morrissey lyrics on Facebook for a month. But despite this obvious cry for help, none of my friends called to check on me.

39515_mor1.jpg

its the world we live in.we should all look for the signs of lonliness,its not just the elderly who get lonely but people of all ages.

I reckon (sic) this guy should have listened or read Morrissey's lyrics instead of posting them. In this way the world could have been spared of the existence of this hideous article.

How is this news?

Social media is awash with attention seeking mugs posting cryptic statuses and then getting more depressed when their attention seeking garners zero attention. People don't give a shit.

If you're really depressed and want help, ask for it. Don't post Morrissey lyrics and then get pissed off when no one responds.

Zero sympathy.

How is this news?

Social media is awash with attention seeking mugs posting cryptic statuses and then getting more depressed when their attention seeking garners zero attention. People don't give a shit.

If you're really depressed and want help, ask for it. Don't post Morrissey lyrics and then get pissed off when no one responds.

Zero sympathy.

Yup.

How is this news?

Zero sympathy.

It's not news. The Hard Times is a music-themed satire site, akin to The Onion.

You thick 4ck :crazy: try typing the lyrics to help by the Beatles next time :rolleyes: instead of gaga in Malaga or kiss me a lot.
No sympathy. :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Surely this is a piss take? If not, God help us all...

You've not been posting anymore ! There's no need to be kind to you.
Cheer up you old bugger it's not over till the soil falls over your head,always look on the bright side of life and whistle, that's the key. Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I would rather just express myself in vague and uncertain terms and hope that someone asks me what’s wrong.

In otherwords: I am a passive aggressive infant.

If it's satire then it's pretty funny. Honestly though if someone tried to come to my reacue every time I quoted morrissey my life would be in a constant state of intervention

I would rather just express myself in vague and uncertain terms and hope that someone asks me what’s wrong.

In otherwords: I am a passive aggressive infant.

What's wrong? ;)
I don't care you are a passive aggressive infant. At least you are not boring.
And, in any case, you didn't express yourself in vague and uncertain terms about any other personal and emotional issue.
I hope you don't answer the question by saying " everything ".
In any case, hope you'll have a good year!
Cheerio, realitybites! Bite back! :thumb:

The answers to this article are fully symptomatic for this whole Morrissey business. Full of the usual arseholes who circle around this man.

The people who attend the concerts of other musicians and use their forums are so much different. While I have made friends on any other forum that I used by others musicians whom I checked out similarly to how did with Morrissey, I made zero surrounding Morrissey and instead I was right from the start faced with xenophobic, downright racist utterly hateful arseholes with an urgent need to showthemselves off and upstage each other.

I once mentioned on another forum of another musican that I was listening to Placebo. A woman from a EastEuropean country, unfortunately don't remember which one exactly, I think it was former Jugoslavia, because this is where my inner memory goes when I think of her, immediatly contacted me demanding me to get in contact with her, because she thought I was suicidal. I wasn't at all at the time. The music instead had a calming effect on me. However a couple of years later I did go to one of their concerts just to check them out after having occasionally listend to their music and I did indeed go from my happy self to being utterly sucidal during the drive to the concert. By the time I had parked the car and walked to the concert over a railway bridge I had a bizarre push to jump of that bridge, but I rationalized myself out of it. It lasted until I went to another Morrissey concert where I fully snapped out of it, the moment I decided not to meet Morrissey and instead walk away from him, because I had had enough shit from him and his arsehole fans. The suicidalness was fully gone from then on, even though I needed some more time to fully recover from it all and reach my full life happiness again. I can only shake my head when people claim that Morrissey supposedly saved a close one's life, who then killed themselves. Are they even aware of what they are saying? Of course Morrissey doesn't save lives and he particularly didn't save the life of their loved ones, because they did kill themselves. If he had saved their lives, they wouldn't have done so. Morrissey is the kind of person whom you better stay away from. And his friends are doing nobody any favour by claiming that he is supposedly this nice, caring, funny person, when they know exactly that he isn't. And neither are any of his fans. He and his fans are a combination of people made in hell. What I mean by it? They are the kind of people who make others intentionally miserable, who'd lure somebody into taking drugs for example. People who have the fan status of that dreadful front row with other musicians would on contrarily never dream of luring somebody into anything of that sort, on the contrary they'd much more accept that this person is different and not want them to go the same way. You can look long until you find somebody like this in close proximity to Morrissey. Morrissey is an arsehole and so are his fans. It is better to accept this and move on with life than find anything positive around him or them.

Jeez LOUISE! Seriously calm down folks...haha...as it has been stated several times already:

HARD TIMES IS A COMPLETELY SATIRICAL PUBLICATION, ALA THE ONION. "Hard Times" is well known in the hardcore/punk rock community (which also is a community that for the most part embraces Moz). They oft poke fun at or use their favorite bands/artists as fodder for fake news articles that most people would never mistake as truth. Its a form of flattery for a band to be used as the subject of a Hard Times article usually. Most bands with a sense of humor wave a mention like a flag of honor. Its a joke. Its satire. Relax.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom