"I really can't help it, it's either this or prison"

Lost

"I really can't help it, it's either this or prison".

When Morrissey says this after singing "The More You Ignore Me" on the "Live At Earl's Court" CD, does anybody know what he means?

I keep thinking he means that performing keeps him on the straight and narrow and from doing something dodgy lol.

It's probably just moz's usual between song whimsy but it intrigues me every time i hear it.:)

You're probably right Robert...but i keep thinking 'Dark Secrets?':D

DAnn Coulter (is he busy studying or dating lately?) posted that at a gig Morrissey greeted "Are you wearing Pumpers?":D
Obviously there wasn't any meaning, just another quip, that's all.

"I really can't help it, it's either this or prison".

When Morrissey says this after singing "The More You Ignore Me" on the "Live At Earl's Court" CD, does anybody know what he means?

I keep thinking he means that performing keeps him on the straight and narrow and from doing something dodgy lol.

It's probably just moz's usual between song whimsy but it intrigues me every time i hear it.:)

i think your reading way too much into it and its just one of moz's flippant comments.

I know as Moz/Smiths fans we love to know all about the 'hidden' meanings behind songs and his comments, but this is a case of you're trying too hard.

Back
Top Bottom