I say this with love. Is Morrissey mentally ill?

Barrett's esophagus is not cancer. There can be pre-cancerous changes in the cells (dysplasia) and those cells will be scraped away, but that is not cancer itself. Morrissey exaggerated a bit (as he always does) and then couldn't back away from what he'd said - that's why he squirmed around it on Larry King.

I can't find it at the moment because it's been ages, but it can actually be the very early stages of cancer, which would get scrapped out.

Barrett's esophagus is not cancer. There can be pre-cancerous changes in the cells (dysplasia) and those cells will be scraped away, but that is not cancer itself. Morrissey exaggerated a bit (as he always does) and then couldn't back away from what he'd said - that's why he squirmed around it on Larry King.

But he might have exaggerated - or possibly being told it could become cancerous made him melodramatic to the point he convinced himself it was. He seems the type.

But he might have exaggerated - or possibly being told it could become cancerous made him melodramatic to the point he convinced himself it was. He seems the type.

The first mention of cancer was in a Spanish-language interview so I think translation issues could be a factor, too.

Back
Top Bottom