"I Started Something I Couldn't Finish" Single on Vinyl

Alice-Isabelle

This is a very rare promo test pressing from 1987 and I am aware how valuable they are, although it saddens me to sell it as I'm a big fan myself.

It has "I Started Something.." on side A and "Pretty Girls Make Graves" on side B

Matrix/Cat numbers/Info - RT 198 3-1 J - 1 . 2

Cover/sleeve designed by Morrissey and relating to this are the etchings : ' "Murder at Wool Hall" (X) starring Sheridan Whiteside' on side A and on side B : ' " You are believeing you do not want to sleep" '.

100 % genuine item, good condition with original sleeve.

Please message me with serious offers.

Re: "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish" Mega Rare Test Press Single on Vinyl

Maybe a photo would help..

Re: "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish" Mega Rare Test Press Single on Vinyl

s1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpgs4.jpgs5.jpg

Some replies to your questions -

Rough Trade Records is the label

Codes are :
RT 198

A Side A - 1 J-1-1 - 5
B Side B - 1 J - 1-1 . 2 .

Hope this helps . Contact me with offers by sending your email and I can mail you if preferred

That don't look like a test press to me..I'll give you a £1 for it!

Are we sure this is a test pressing?

According to the info and numbers etched on the actual vinyl (You can't see the etching or numbers from these pics) it is. I have done my research but I will go and check. I know it looks different to the "Mayking" test press , but it could still be a promo copy as I have been told. I'm sure that whoever "anon" is they will correct me if I'm wrong! I'm not looking to rip anyone off here, this was a genuine discovery and I advertise it in good faith as a fellow Smiths fan. I am sure it is liberating to post negative comments whilst concealing your identity! Identity concealed, bad grammar EXPOSED! HAHA.
Some feedback from experienced collectors would help me here.

Have you looked at this page under the UK 7" Test Pressing area? None of those three descriptions match what you have. Just reporting what I'm seeing, I'm not a test pressing expert.

According to the info and numbers etched on the actual vinyl (You can't see the etching or numbers from these pics) it is. I have done my research but I will go and check. I know it looks different to the "Mayking" test press , but it could still be a promo copy as I have been told. I'm sure that whoever "anon" is they will correct me if I'm wrong! I'm not looking to rip anyone off here, this was a genuine discovery and I advertise it in good faith as a fellow Smiths fan. I am sure it is liberating to post negative comments whilst concealing your identity! Identity concealed, bad grammar EXPOSED! HAHA.
Some feedback from experienced collectors would help me here.

- - - Updated - - -

http://passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/istartedsomething-c.htm

Ooops, here's the link.

No neither am I. This is starting to become more apparent! Ha ha. I do however have a friend who is so I'll take my collection to him.
Thanks

If it is a test pressing, it won't be much interest. IMO People want white labels, Mayking labels etc.. This just looks stock.

Tags
good cond morrissey promo vinyl smiths rare test press
Back
Top Bottom