I zig zagged all over America and then I came across Whitehaven

CougarFrog

Could not find a thread on yesterdays shootings.

I am fascinated by the motive on this man who was said to be very normal, it is so difficult to say who is fragile and who is not and how much one person can take. When most of us have a "f*** em all' moment and get on with life, what makes someone think to get a gun and just go shooting people and then take their own life? May be difficult to find the answer to that question so opinions will be great.

I was reading about this, and in one of the stories someone commented, "he was a quiet little fellow."

I was reading about this, and in one of the stories someone commented, "he was a quiet little fellow."

Yes quiet people are more likely to have mental illnesses apparently. Something to do with keeping emotions/feelings locked up and distancing yourself from others.

I'm not saying all quiet people are phychotic, just that it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

I'm always warey of quiet people, what they're thinking by the way they look at you and don't say anything. One of my old colleagues was quiet and everyone thought that because she was quiet she was well behaved. She was bad, but she was descrete about it so most people didn't find out what she got up to. Although what she got up to wasn't psychotic it was just weird but it could have let to psychotic behaviour.

I'm a quiet person but I'm not psychotic..........not yet anyway.

Yes quiet people are more likely to have mental illnesses apparently. Something to do with keeping emotions/feelings locked up and distancing yourself from others.

I'm not saying all quiet people are phychotic, just that it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

I'm always warey of quiet people, what they're thinking by the way they look at you and don't say anything. One of my old colleagues was quiet and everyone thought that because she was quiet she was well behaved. She was bad, but she was descrete about it so most people didn't find out what she got up to. Although what she got up to wasn't psychotic it was just weird but it could have let to psychotic behaviour.

I'm a quiet person but I'm not psychotic..........not yet anyway.

I was talking about how those three words, when used together, amount to a sort of insult: "quiet little man." It's dismissive, isn't it?

Yeah, too soon :o

Im still in shock over what happened, but then my home town is Egremont. My mum knows one of the men who were shot and my Nan lives 2 mins from the taxi rank in Whitehaven. My nephew was 5 mins from the lady killed in Egremont. My sister was staying with me yesterday and rang home to speak to her son who is 8 years old. First thing he said was "its okay mummy, im not dead".

I can't even begin to fathom out why such a quiet and apparently unassuming man would do such a thing. Some people appear to have been targeted but others appear random, which makes it so difficult to understand.

Its so sad and heartbreaking to see the town you grew up in on television for all the wrong reasons.

Us Cumbrain folk are made of strong stuff. Ill say a little prayer for the families left behind

Yeah, too soon :o

Im still in shock over what happened, but then my home town is Egremont. My mum knows one of the men who were shot and my Nan lives 2 mins from the taxi rank in Whitehaven. My nephew was 5 mins from the lady killed in Egremont. My sister was staying with me yesterday and rang home to speak to her son who is 8 years old. First thing he said was "its okay mummy, im not dead".

I can't even begin to fathom out why such a quiet and apparently unassuming man would do such a thing. Some people appear to have been targeted but others appear random, which makes it so difficult to understand.

Its so sad and heartbreaking to see the town you grew up in on television for all the wrong reasons.

Us Cumbrain folk are made of strong stuff. Ill say a little prayer for the families left behind

It is truly senseless appalling and shocking. I feel for EVERYONE connected to these awful killings. Sorry for printing the tasteless joke. :o

bluejag has been banned. Yes, he should have made the joke in pigsty but at least he was regretful.

Back
Top Bottom