Ian Astbury on Morrissey's Autobiography

Ian Astbury (Cult/Doors) mentions Morrissey in Esquire Interview

You can read the entire interview here:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/ian-astbury-interview?click=feed

Here is what he says about Moz:

ESQ: So, Morrissey released his autobiography, and in it he mentions his early days playing in a band with [Cult guitarist] Billy Duffy. Have you read it, and if so, what did you think?

IA: I have no interest in it.

ESQ: No interest at all?

IA: No interest whatsoever. You'd have to ask Billy about that. I have no connection to him. I mean, I admire The Smiths, certainly, and Morrissey as well, but the only moment I ever had with Morrissey was when he did Your Arsenal with Mick Ronson producing, which I thought was an exceptional record. In terms of autobiographies, I've got Mike Tyson's autobiography right now. I'm much more interested in Mike Tyson than I am in Morrissey.

All the best.

Mike

IAN ASTBURY ON THE DEATH OF THE ROCK STAR - Esquire
And Morrissey and his love of street wear and why you'll definitely see new music from The Cult in 2014

Excerpt:

ESQ: So, Morrissey released his autobiography, and in it he mentions his early days playing in a band with [Cult guitarist] Billy Duffy. Have you read it, and if so, what did you think?

IA: I have no interest in it.

ESQ: No interest at all?

IA: No interest whatsoever. You'd have to ask Billy about that. I have no connection to him. I mean, I admire The Smiths, certainly, and Morrissey as well, but the only moment I ever had with Morrissey was when he did Your Arsenal with Mick Ronson producing, which I thought was an exceptional record. In terms of autobiographies, I've got Mike Tyson's autobiography right now. I'm much more interested in Mike Tyson than I am in Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
He may be lux girl but that was a GREAT rendition of a Doors classic that realitybites posted ! Is it for real ? I mean is Ian Astbury going to sing lead with The Doors .... do a tour , record an album ? If that clip is any indicator , it could be a groovin project .
By the way a Mike Tyson auto bio may be a good read . He was at the top of the world before Ohioian Buster Douglas surprised the world by knocking him out . I was in Akron Ohio when this happened and the place exploded with joy at his win. It was just non stop screaming and yelling at the end of that fight . Crazy !

He may be lux girl but that was a GREAT rendition of a Doors classic that realitybites posted ! Is it for real ? I mean is Ian Astbury going to sing lead with The Doors .... do a tour , record an album ? If that clip is any indicator , it could be a groovin project .
By the way a Mike Tyson auto bio may be a good read . He was at the top of the world before Ohioian Buster Douglas surprised the world by knocking him out . I was in Akron Ohio when this happened and the place exploded with joy at his win. It was just non stop screaming and yelling at the end of that fight . Crazy !

I don't know what that was all about, really. But, it isn't recent. Kilborn hasn't been on in ages and Ray Manzarek died last year. :(

Last edited:
i must say i saw the cult a few weeks back and they sounded pretty good, but the main this is they didn't cancel. take note moz

That video is pretty old. Posted it because I think Ian does a good job singing that song. Did not mean to cause any confusion. :)

RB,

I think he does a 'TOOGOODA' this is an impersonation rather than IB with the doors.

great music though.

The General

Ian Astbury toured with the Doors quite a few years ago. Around 2006 I think. They were called "The Doors of the 21st Century" because of a dispute with John Densmore (drummer) about the band's name. They have recently made up but unfortunately after Ray Manzerek's death.

- marred.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom