IANADOAC - 320 internet leak

How do albums get leaked???? ?
In this case, it appears a promotional CD was ripped and placed on a site that gets revenue via traffic by sharing the latest albums.
I don't believe anyone in the Morrissey 'community' made any effort more than sharing 'phone by the speaker' recordings of bits of tracks and this was something that site would share regardless. As the fans (who sourced the vinyl from the unscrupulous shops selling early) would have to actually record the vinyl, chop up the tracks et al - it might explain the non-fan leak.
The whys & wherefores of how review copies / promo CDs get ripped/shared is easy to speculate upon - as too: journalists selling their advance copies.
Myself, I received Quarry to leak via an anonymous email and YOR in a similar way. Other albums or upgraded bitrate versions have been sent to me by kind people here who want to share and remain anonymous - which I'm grateful for and fully respect.
Regards,
FWD.

In this case, it appears a promotional CD was ripped and placed on a site that gets revenue via traffic by sharing the latest albums.
I don't believe anyone in the Morrissey 'community' made any effort more than sharing 'phone by the speaker' recordings of bits of tracks and this was something that site would share regardless. As the fans (who sourced the vinyl from the unscrupulous shops selling early) would have to actually record the vinyl, chop up the tracks et al - it might explain the non-fan leak.
The whys & wherefores of how review copies / promo CDs get ripped/shared is easy to speculate upon - as too: journalists selling their advance copies.
Myself, I received Quarry to leak via an anonymous email and YOR in a similar way. Other albums or upgraded bitrate versions have been sent to me by kind people here who want to share and remain anonymous - which I'm grateful for and fully respect.
Regards,
FWD.
Thank You FWD ! ... But Please I Wanna The Back Cover In a High Resolution ... ( If Any ) . :thumb: :thumb: :)

Regards,
FWD.
Ah — I see. Makes sense. I've always wondered this but never bothered to ask.

I do remember when YOR came out, I messaged Jesse Tobias via MySpace and told him how much I loved the album and even though I downloaded a leaked copy, I told him that I would still be buying the CD/Vinyl... He went ahead and blocked me. :weary:

Thank You FWD ! ... But Please I Wanna The Back Cover In a High Resolution ... ( If Any ) . :thumb: :thumb: :)
mario-pose2.png

This?
Boz doesn’t feature in the credits. Hmmmm.

Thanks for sharing. Listening to it now, got some Hot Takes to make about it in the appropriate discussion forum

'The camp' probably half like leaks don't they? Otherwise they'd identify each copy with a blip etc. Gets the word round.

I think they're treating it like radio airplay or advertising - which is sensible.
It's also different now in the age of streaming.. Most people aren't going to buy a physical copy anyway.. Getting an early copy of Vauxhaul & I (dubbed on cassette from unknown source) was a pretty big deal.

It's also different now in the age of streaming.. Most people aren't going to buy a physical copy anyway.. Getting an early copy of Vauxhaul & I (dubbed on cassette from unknown source) was a pretty big deal.

Yeah. The ones who want a physical copy will buy it regardless & it's better to get the music heard rather than penny pinch & reduce listeners.

Does anyone have an active link for this?
You could try here:

—>Sisterama 12
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom