idiot love cover morrissey

Weird. I recognise the name because when visiting Morrissey's myspace this guy is usually there under friends comments slagging Morrissey off. He seems to have a problem with Morrissey having a bit of money.

:guitar:heard this on myspace a guy who makes music under the name idiot love have covered why dont you find out for yourself

you can download it directly from the myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/selfishchild

i think its better than some covers i have heard :guitar:

Its always interesting to hear covers of songs you know well, and love, just to see how different people do them. And some can be great.
I've had a listen. I'm not really keen on it, but, good luck to him. I'm sure its better than what I could do.

Weird. I recognise the name because when visiting Morrissey's myspace this guy is usually there under friends comments slagging Morrissey off. He seems to have a problem with Morrissey having a bit of money.

I'd be very surprised if Moz DIDN'T have a bit of money after quite a few years of success in the music industry. Hes earned it. Sounds like jealousy to me.

i'm not defending anyone , but it is possible to have respect and take issue - i havent read any of the postings . the guy who does idiot love (eric ) seems like a decent enough chap , i like the version of the song - i told him i had mentioned it here and he was quite chuffed , i also think him doing the song shows where his loyaltys lay

i'm not defending anyone , but it is possible to have respect and take issue - i havent read any of the postings . the guy who does idiot love (eric ) seems like a decent enough chap , i like the version of the song - i told him i had mentioned it here and he was quite chuffed , i also think him doing the song shows where his loyaltys lay

I haven't listened this band, but I disagree with your comment.

Beautiful South also did cover Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, many of us remember Paul Heaton slagged off Morrissey earlier this year.

Last edited:
I haven't listened this band, but I disagree with your comment.

Beautiful South also did cover Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, many of us remember Paul Heaton slagged off Morrissey earlier this year.

and that is a fair point and your right

as i said it was more based on the guy not liking morrissey and i think that he does , as i said he was chuffed to see it posted on here

and as for paul heaton .. nuff said

I wouldn't know if he is a decent chap or not. All I know is I've seen quite a few comments on Morrissey's myspace page from him that are quite aggressive to Morrissey and to other fans posting there. Some of the comments are quite homophobic too. They tended to be personal comments about Morrissey rather than about the music.

He must do it quite regularly because I don't visit myspace that often and his comments immediately stood out.

His most recent comment is rather mild though, just having a go because of the money issue again:

"hello sir morrissey.
i've done a dreadful cover of one of your songs.
sue me.
i've got a mansion in california, more money than i know what to do with, and nancy sinatra is carrying my baby.
6t4etr5. "

I wouldn't know if he is a decent chap or not. All I know is I've seen quite a few comments on Morrissey's myspace page from him that are quite aggressive to Morrissey and to other fans posting there. Some of the comments are quite homophobic too. They tended to be personal comments about Morrissey rather than about the music.

He must do it quite regularly because I don't visit myspace that often and his comments immediately stood out.

His most recent comment is rather mild though, just having a go because of the money issue again:

"hello sir morrissey.
sue me.
i've got a mansion in california, more money than i know what to do with, and nancy sinatra is carrying my baby.
6t4etr5. "

i did say i wasnt defending anyone
i also said i hadn't read the comments

i do think that that comment has an element of hummor to it and could by some people be percived as funny , although i do get your point

vivabob loves all

i did say i wasnt defending anyone
i also said i hadn't read the comments

i do think that that comment has an element of hummor to it and could by some people be percived as funny , although i do get your point

vivabob loves all

I did say that comment was very mild in comparison. Most are far more aggressive than that. I'd find it humorous if I hadn't seen quite a lot of previous posts from the same man and know he is not joking one little bit.

Hmmm, he did did he. I think it's time for Mr Idiot to meet my other alter ego.

Oh no I forgot you have to add someone as a friend before you can leave a comment. Not likely.

Maybe he's jealous because he's shit at singing? Who knows.

Last edited:
I did say that comment was very mild in comparison. Most are far more aggressive than that. I'd find it humorous if I hadn't seen quite a lot of previous posts from the same man and know he is not joking one little bit.

fair play i will keep my eyes open

oh oh .... dont give in to your dark side

"hello sir morrissey.
sue me.
6t4etr5. "

Dreadful cover indeed. EEK

i actually like the discordant music, but the voice is way too high in the mix (a common problem with these sort of "bands") and he sings like he's reading a child a bedtime story.

Eric is quite nice if people are intelligent enough to figure out what hes talking about and obviously you must be. He is a very humble person and is pleased with any feedback. That being said, you probably made his night by spreading the word.

"hello sir morrissey.
sue me.
6t4etr5. "

If you honestly think about it, maybe Eric's comments make a lot of sense given the majority of the comments on Morrissey's page are bullshit. "Yer Gawd", "I keep a shrine of you in my closet and I do rude things at night to it", "Youre my hero, you changed my life mannnnnnnnnn" and the ever so popular "thanx 4 da add dewd". Honestly, what is the point in that? So, maybe if you open up a bit and not take things too seriously you'll get what he's on about. Morrissey is not a god, hes a human being that just so happened to have made a lot of money. Big deal. Does that warrant worship? Bill Gates made a lot of money, hes just not as good looking and he probably cant carry a tune. No one really worships him. The comments on that page are a lot of nonsense and to be honest with you most of the people posting there are trying to draw attention to themselves. Its myspace. You think Morrissey reads the crap? Naw. I think he might be a bit too busy being a vegan and moaning about migrants in Britain when he's sorta a migrant in America. Obviously, you have the time to read and worry about the stuff Eric post, so maybe you should re-evaluate what is going on in your life. Myspace is a lot of crap, get over it. And, as far as your comment on homophobia, check your sense of humor, Im American and I got it.

Oh no I forgot you have to add someone as a friend before you can leave a comment. Not likely.

Maybe he's jealous because he's shit at singing? Who knows.

Alter ego? Are you 12? I mean honestly, why cant you say what you want when youre actually you? Whoever the hell that is. Sorry, if you want a fight with Eric I think hes said many a time hes open to it. You wont win. If you want a fight with anyone else Ill leave my myspace page, you can directly get in contact with me there. I dont care which alter ego you choose. But, honestly, why are you defending someone you dont even know? All you know about the man is what he portrays to the public and what the media says about him. Are we tracking back to the Morrissey being nothing more than a human being topic again?? I think so. Get off it- Morrissey wouldnt stop and acknowledge your existence if you set yourself on fire in the streets.

As far as the being shit at singing goesm...Bob Dylan, Connor Oberst, Ian Curtis, Kurt Cobain, Lou Reed, Richard Butler...Im stopping there. Id say the best out there couldnt sing, so whats there to be jealous of? Theres nothing on the music page saying Eric sounds like Sinatra, so what does the singing have to do with anything? I think the lyrics might be a bit more important than the voice. Perhaps, youre jealous because youre just as insignificant as the rest of us, maybe thats why youre clinging to Morrissey. I dont know, personally I dont care. I just think the alter ego thing is a bit pathetic.

If anyones got a problem heres my myspace cause I cant be bothered to log back into this thing. It reeks of mendacity and hero worship.
http://www.myspace.com/chelsey_cheesecake:sick::sick::sick:

I did not care for the cover whats so ever.. But I do understand that this guy has a lot of fans and talent...
I really enjoyed The Song "Nothing".. and at the moment the song "hole in my heart" has caught my ear...

Well who doesn't want to do a Smiths Cover... Or throw a wonderful "Sing your life with the flowers in the back pocket! haha ;)

Thank you for the post...:guitar:

am i allowed a say in this?
because i did the cover.
and what do you do? WELL YOU JUST SIT THERE.
http://www.myspace.com/selfishchild
get in contact by all means, write anything dumb, i'll rip the shit out of you.
that is an open invitation to the sycophantic sluts.
eric, kissy, kissy.

yawn.jpg

Tags
cover
Back
Top Bottom