If I tell you all about Mindy, will you stop asking these inane questions?!!

E

enough is enough!

Ok I'm gonna do this without the aid of looking up any old posts, so I may get a few things wrong, but basically, here's her life story:

Mindy is 19
she's at university in LA or thereabouts
she brushes her teeth in the shower
she has a brother who was a weird self-loving asexual for a while due to depression, or something
she has been to four concerts in her life, one was Moz, one was SATH, can't remember the other two but they sounded crap
she has been a Moz fan for about a year, despite this she acts like a total know-it-all about him
having said that she does know quite a lot for someone who's only been a fan for a year so at least she's done her research
she claims to be celibate
she is a vegetarian and can't even eat grilled tofu b/c it reminds her of chicken
BUT she doesn't agree with Peta's tactics (I like her for that)
she says she only posts profusely when she's avoiding doing a paper but in that case she must have papers due on a daily basis
she has to comment on absolutely everything
she wears granny pants
she said SATH are great musicians and if Moz sacked his band maybe he could work with them
she was raised Mormon
she has that irritating affectation of spelling things the english way even though she's american: rumour, arse, uni, etc etc etc (i suspect she uses a UK english spelling checker to make sure she never misses an opportunity)
she wants to have Morrissey's baby and will consent to using a turkey baster if that makes the process more attractive to him
girls in her dorm leave used tampons in the shower
she posts under the name joans_walkman on the news pages
she says she's an anglophile
she has posted 368 messages in the less than 2 months she's been here (ok I did look that one up)
if she gets something wrong and you correct her she ALWAYS says "I know I was joking" or similar
she can also be very defensive, but also always says she was joking about that too
she is an english major
she is not named after Mork and Mindy

Will that do? Surely there can't be anything more you would wish to know about her, can there?????

Mindy, if you think I'm being mean that was not my intention and don't think I hate you or anything (you're about to say "like I care!"), in fact some of the time I quite like you but I can't deny you do get slightly annoying from time to time. Like I'm being right now, no doubt.

You forgot one thing

> Ok I'm gonna do this without the aid of looking up any old posts, so I may
> get a few things wrong, but basically, here's her life story:

> Mindy is 19
> she's at university in LA or thereabouts
> she brushes her teeth in the shower
> she has a brother who was a weird self-loving asexual for a while due to
> depression, or something
> she has been to four concerts in her life, one was Moz, one was SATH,
> can't remember the other two but they sounded crap
> she has been a Moz fan for about a year, despite this she acts like a
> total know-it-all about him
> having said that she does know quite a lot for someone who's only been a
> fan for a year so at least she's done her research
> she claims to be celibate
> she is a vegetarian and can't even eat grilled tofu b/c it reminds her of
> chicken
> BUT she doesn't agree with Peta's tactics (I like her for that)
> she says she only posts profusely when she's avoiding doing a paper but in
> that case she must have papers due on a daily basis
> she has to comment on absolutely everything
> she wears granny pants
> she said SATH are great musicians and if Moz sacked his band maybe he
> could work with them
> she was raised Mormon
> she has that irritating affectation of spelling things the english way
> even though she's american: rumour, arse, uni, etc etc etc (i suspect she
> uses a UK english spelling checker to make sure she never misses an
> opportunity)
> she wants to have Morrissey's baby and will consent to using a turkey
> baster if that makes the process more attractive to him
> girls in her dorm leave used tampons in the shower
> she posts under the name joans_walkman on the news pages
> she says she's an anglophile
> she has posted 368 messages in the less than 2 months she's been here (ok
> I did look that one up)
> if she gets something wrong and you correct her she ALWAYS says "I
> know I was joking" or similar
> she can also be very defensive, but also always says she was joking about
> that too
> she is an english major
> she is not named after Mork and Mindy

> Will that do? Surely there can't be anything more you would wish to know
> about her, can there?????

> Mindy, if you think I'm being mean that was not my intention and don't
> think I hate you or anything (you're about to say "like I
> care!"), in fact some of the time I quite like you but I can't deny
> you do get slightly annoying from time to time. Like I'm being right now,
> no doubt.
--
you forgot to say that she's got a repressed 32 year old lesbian stalker named wanda that's *fascinated* with her --eeeewww!

ha ha ha,I'm laughing my ass off now. I always knew she was a real f***in dunce,you just proved my point. I didnt have to say it,you did.

1) the thing about my brother is all wrong. i never said anything like that.
2) two of the concerts i went to were moz, one was SATH, the last was crap
3) i have a right to be a know-it-all about moz because i really have done my homework and learnt a lot about him
4) if you were to look back at the times when my posts became especially prolific, they would correspond to times when i have had a flurry of papers due (i.e. in the last 2-3 weeks, i had 5 papers due amounting to twenty-five pages of writing on subjects as varied as virgil to freidrich schleiermacher to andre gide)
5) the moz sacking his band for SATH thing was a joke - what would jose do in that case?!
6) i have always spelt things the british way - ever since childhood, in fact. it was then that i discovered how much more graceful british spellings were. of course, i miss a few because i have to write in american english for schoolwork.
7) the turkey baster/moz baby comment=obvious joke
when i get something truly wrong, i admit it. i have recanted several times and allowed myself to have been corrected. the times when i say "just kidding," i really have been just kidding. notice, i usually say it after someone takes issue with some outrageous or otherwise stupid thing i've said (usually an attempt at satire or irony). i find that i have to because otherwise people don't realise that i don't actually think these things!
9) i am an english and french major.

furthermore, i dont think you're being mean, but i do find it odd that people get irritated when people ask about me. yes, perhaps they should email me if they simply must speak to me, but they can ask whatever they want on the board. if my name is in the post, it's quite obvious there will be little moz content (although you never know, since i love talking about him), so why not just not read it? i dunno, it makes sense to me.

why don't all you folks who find me entirely annoying just boycott my posts? that's your right. i won't be offended.

but at the same time, please boycott such nimrods as mr. improper who, to my knowledge, has never posted anything remotely relevant about moz and just gets off on tearing people down. thanks!

> Ok I'm gonna do this without the aid of looking up any old posts, so I may
> get a few things wrong, but basically, here's her life story:

> Mindy is 19
> she's at university in LA or thereabouts
> she brushes her teeth in the shower
> she has a brother who was a weird self-loving asexual for a while due to
> depression, or something
> she has been to four concerts in her life, one was Moz, one was SATH,
> can't remember the other two but they sounded crap
> she has been a Moz fan for about a year, despite this she acts like a
> total know-it-all about him
> having said that she does know quite a lot for someone who's only been a
> fan for a year so at least she's done her research
> she claims to be celibate
> she is a vegetarian and can't even eat grilled tofu b/c it reminds her of
> chicken
> BUT she doesn't agree with Peta's tactics (I like her for that)
> she says she only posts profusely when she's avoiding doing a paper but in
> that case she must have papers due on a daily basis
> she has to comment on absolutely everything
> she wears granny pants
> she said SATH are great musicians and if Moz sacked his band maybe he
> could work with them
> she was raised Mormon
> she has that irritating affectation of spelling things the english way
> even though she's american: rumour, arse, uni, etc etc etc (i suspect she
> uses a UK english spelling checker to make sure she never misses an
> opportunity)
> she wants to have Morrissey's baby and will consent to using a turkey
> baster if that makes the process more attractive to him
> girls in her dorm leave used tampons in the shower
> she posts under the name joans_walkman on the news pages
> she says she's an anglophile
> she has posted 368 messages in the less than 2 months she's been here (ok
> I did look that one up)
> if she gets something wrong and you correct her she ALWAYS says "I
> know I was joking" or similar
> she can also be very defensive, but also always says she was joking about
> that too
> she is an english major
> she is not named after Mork and Mindy

> Will that do? Surely there can't be anything more you would wish to know
> about her, can there?????

> Mindy, if you think I'm being mean that was not my intention and don't
> think I hate you or anything (you're about to say "like I
> care!"), in fact some of the time I quite like you but I can't deny
> you do get slightly annoying from time to time. Like I'm being right now,
> no doubt.

semantics

hey, mr proper. i just had a thought.

you know how you claim to be the undisputed heavy weight pimp. Yet you claim that you have sex with everyone's mom.

Doesn't that technically make you a giggolo?

Re: semantics

I guess,but i pimp them out for money and yoshinoya. have you seen some of these women?? yuck!!! Ive seen better faces on playing cards. hey,they let me do whatever I want with them. That makes me the undisputed heavyweight PIMP of the motha fookin nation.

Listen you fookin rimjob,there are no such words as learnt and spelt,they just do not exist. So before you say shit about me,i think you need to stop sucking guys off so much and learn how to spell anus. got it???

You're too stupid to even know how old you are. Do us all a favor birdbrain and shut your stinkin pie holey hole.

learnt and spelt are british slangy words. so go screw yourself.

Your not in england moron and that proof right there why morrissey left manchester and now lives in the us. if you like england so much whore,then move your dumb ass there.

Re: BUT YOU'RE NOT BRITISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never said i was british, but i always wanted to be as a kid. there is nothing pretentious about it. i dont think britain is the best country ever or anything and i dont try to speak in an accent. i have just always preferred the spellings and i like the slang. at least i dont try to use the really new slang. besides, if i were pretentious, wouldnt i leave the slang out altogether? you know, only speak the queen's english? fact is, i can use any spellings i want to, as long as they are correct in someone's dictionary.

now, the only reason i replied in such an inflammatory manner is that i already explained why i like british spellings and slang earlier in the thread - a fact which that person (maybe you!) completely ignored while still insulting me based upon my perceived inability to spell.

now i would really be pleased if we could end these "mindy" threads and get back to the morrissey stuff. i know it's been a slow week, but you people are all just sad to take it out on me.

p.s. again, please stop hiding behind the random aliases. it's a little cowardly.

nope - it's pretentious - you're trying to be "cool" and unusual by using british spellings/words

Re: nope - it's pretentious - you're trying to be "cool" and unusual by using british spellings/word

i dont try to be cool and unusual. it's an unconscious thing that i always do and always have done. when i take notes during lectures, i use british spellings. i dont think about it until i share my notes with someone and they remark on it. when i type up papers, i am forever having to use spell check to rid my paper of british spellings. when i write in-class papers, i have to consciously try to use the "proper" american spellings.

i sooo think that in third grade, when i started all this, i was making a conscious effort to be different and cool. actually no, i just liked to read a lot and noticed these new and unusual spellings. i didnt even realise that they were british spellings at first. i thought it was an either/or kind of thing - like you could use either spelling and both were equally correct.

one of the big reasons that i have continued all these years is that i also speak french fairly well and i have a fairly good understanding of the history of the english language. roughly 30% of the words come from french. i always liked to trace back the lineages of various words and i found i liked the ones that obviously retained a french quality (i.e. colour).

now i dont see how it hurts anyone if i spell things the british way. american english looks hideously ugly comparatively. there is nothing pretentious about it. i just like the way it looks. i will continue to use it, because i can.

again, please find some real grounds for insulting me. have a nice day!

oooooo you're soooo cool mindy - you have to conciously "try" to use american spellings? sure.

yeah, you just do it unconciously, you had no idea they were british words, i'm so sure. american english is sooooo hideously ugly, british english is beautiful - what?? that's a load of crap. arse looks better than ass? adding an extra u to words makes them look nice? you're talking out of your 'arse' i'm afraid.
you are pretentious, you do it to look cool, you secretly enjoy it when you lend people your notes and they comment on it, it makes you feel a little cool and superior, and you condescendingly explain to them "oh i didn't even notice, yes i naturally find myself using all these spellings and word that are foreign to me" do you also find yourself "accidently" using french words - "oh i'm sorry, was i speaking french again, i didn't notice. well, there's no real english equivalent for that phrase, sorry, you wouldn't understand"

sorry but most people aren't stupid enough to believe that, you are more transparent than you realize.

of course this is hardly a crime, but it is annoying as f*** and you are just digging yourself in deeper with your ridiculous "explanations"

when the f*** did i ever say i was cool?

you have every right not to believe the truth. but let me ask you again, does it hurt you that i use british spellings? did you even really notice until one random person pointed it out in this list? if so, well that's your problem isn't it?

and no, i dont hold my cutlery the british way. that would be snobbish. oops, sorry, i was pretending i was you for a moment there.

one minor correction: i said that in third grade, i had no idea they were british words. obviously, i learned soon after that they were. moron.

p.s. i am ignoring your posts from now on.
> yeah, you just do it unconciously, you had no idea they were british
> words, i'm so sure. american english is sooooo hideously ugly, british
> english is beautiful - what?? that's a load of crap. arse looks better
> than ass? adding an extra u to words makes them look nice? you're talking
> out of your 'arse' i'm afraid.
> you are pretentious, you do it to look cool, you secretly enjoy it when
> you lend people your notes and they comment on it, it makes you feel a
> little cool and superior, and you condescendingly explain to them "oh
> i didn't even notice, yes i naturally find myself using all these
> spellings and word that are foreign to me" do you also find yourself
> "accidently" using french words - "oh i'm sorry, was i
> speaking french again, i didn't notice. well, there's no real english
> equivalent for that phrase, sorry, you wouldn't understand"

> sorry but most people aren't stupid enough to believe that, you are more
> transparent than you realize.

> of course this is hardly a crime, but it is annoying as f*** and you are
> just digging yourself in deeper with your ridiculous
> "explanations"

Re: nope - it's pretentious - you're trying to be "cool" and unusual by using british spellings/word

Jesus,what does every fookin one of your replys end in a short story?? are you replying or writing a damn book??? face it,even british people dont think you're as cool as you make yourself out to be. Be yourself,not someone else. For the last time,stop trying to be cool.your not,thats evidant whore.

Back
Top Bottom