if Morrissey banned you from his concerts(assuming he actually played) what would you do?

Moz "DTs" you, what do you do?

• aint a lifetime ban just 1 year like here @ Solo?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
ghtew_zpsab8fcbf4.jpg

I don't understand how it is possible to ban an individual from gigs as huge as Moz's.
How could anyone spot a single person amongst the thousands attending?
A pair of dark glasses and a hat would surely be more than sufficient disguise.
I know I'm wrong ofcourse, because poor old David did get ejected.
Strange!

I don't understand how it is possible to ban an individual from gigs as huge as Moz's.
How could anyone spot a single person amongst the thousands attending?
A pair of dark glasses and a hat would surely be more than sufficient disguise.
I know I'm wrong ofcourse, because poor old David did get ejected.
Strange!
that was makes the whole thing exciting, don't you think? :lbf:
I mean there is no chance of not getting ejected if its a small show :cool:
but a big show, you might just make it past the eyes "on the lookout" :thumb:

As someone with a self-imposed ban against myself attending any future concerts by a band (for whom I ran a website and forum that was unofficially regarded by the band and their management as "official" for a decade) that I still love musically, I can say pretty confidently that I would do none of these things.

So, option 7:
I would stop going to shows, shut down the site, and spend a lot of years regretting that we weren't able to work things out civilly—but feeling too stubborn to accept (or offer) an apology.

Eventually, I'd like to work toward option 3.

I'm slightly disappointed "whoop his ass" isn't available among the options...:straight face:

As someone with a self-imposed ban against myself attending any future concerts by a band (for whom I ran a website and forum that was unofficially regarded by the band and their management as "official" for a decade) that I still love musically, I can say pretty confidently that I would do none of these things.

So, option 7:
I would stop going to shows, shut down the site, and spend a lot of years regretting that we weren't able to work things out civilly—but feeling too stubborn to accept (or offer) an apology.

Eventually, I'd like to work toward option 3.
OK, I got it Chickpea :) one thing you mention is the whole "shutting down the site" thing and I've heard others mention such elsewhere
that one I just don't get at all :confused: maybe its just me, but if I owned something then someone tried to unjustly* take it from me, I'd defend my rights as best I could and even if my attention, desire or whatever for that thing faded :rolleyes:
I would never, ever let that person who tried to take it from me get what they want :cool:
but more power to those that could :thumb:
as I wrote this I just realized that its possible that this site could outlive first Moz then DT :eek:
and assuming Moz's music still touches a place in people then, won't all this feuding just seem so pointless :crazy:

*=Yes, I think unjustly, hence the pic of "Shoeless" Joe, who was also unjustly banned, I grant Moz his day in court, but giving that up to ban someone from shows was just cruel. Also, for the record, I still think the site allows too much negative shit of all kinds, not just against Moz, but Moz shares some of the blame for this, by repeatedly going after DT he has encouraged " Moz trolls" to flock here, they may be able to stay because of "libertarian?" agenda of those in power, but they mostly come because of Moz.

I'm slightly disappointed "whoop his ass" isn't available among the options...:straight face:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I got it Chickpea :) one thing you mention is the whole "shutting down the site" thing and I've heard others mention such elsewhere
that one I just don't get at all :confused: maybe its just me, but if I owned something then someone tried to unjustly* take it from me, I'd defend my rights as best I could and even if my attention, desire or whatever for that thing faded :rolleyes:

It was all spoiled for me after things went bad. It wasn't about my rights or what I felt was fair or just. I killed the site to prevent it from turning into something I would hate, and with that came so much bad blood that I no longer wanted to go to shows or take a chance at having any face-to-face confrontation (even if I stood at the back). By avoiding those things, I would at least be able to continue playing the records and enjoying them for what they are. I don't need to claim anything as mine. Shutting down the site and taking away what had been taken for granted was enough of a "stand" for me—and I've been steadfast for 4 years now. It's sad. I admit that, and I want to make things better. What's gone on here over the past couple of days has made me realize that.

But that's me, not David. I don't understand why the forums here are run the way they are, but he has his reasons. Likewise, it's hard for me to understand why he'd continue to try to attend shows after being ejected the first time, but he must feel it's meaningful.

At the end of the day, I'm much more concerned with not carrying around anger and hostility than I am with fighting a battle that doesn't ultimately matter. I think it's OK to make concessions for the sake of happiness. But again, that's me.

Re: over 200 views, only 4 votes, its just like voting in the USA!

If I got a ban, I would have clearly done something that got Moz's attention. If I was able to get Moz's attention (even if it meant getting banned), I'd go to bed smiling each and every damn night because I'd know that he knew I was alive. I'm a grown-up. I wouldn't care because I could still listen to his songs, watch his DVDs, etc. You move along and laugh it off.

Enough said.

If I got a ban, I would have clearly done something that got Moz's attention. If I was able to get Moz's attention (even if it meant getting banned), I'd go to bed smiling each and every damn night because I'd know that he knew I was alive. I'm a grown-up. I wouldn't care because I could still listen to his songs, watch his DVDs, etc. You move along and laugh it off.

Enough said.
I like your response Eurydice, so I am gonna thumb you even though I usually reserve that for long time posters and who knows maybe you were under another name?
anyways, time to go find a post by malvachat's & by lindsey1151's that I like to thank them for voting :thumb:

I like your response Eurydice, so I am gonna thumb you even though I usually reserve that for long time posters and who knows maybe you were under another name?
anyways, time to go find a post by malvachat's & by lindsey1151's that I like to thank them for voting :thumb:

Why thank you. I'm a newbie, but a long time lurker. My best friend is that fredcokeorpepsi guy (who introduced me to Morrissey when he first played "There is a Light..." for me at work one day back in 2005 and claimed it to be "the most perfect song ever written"...funny, funny story behind all that...really...that will make him turn a lovely shade of red from embarrassment).

My real name is Becca. I'm not David Tseng. ;)

If Morrissey banned me from his shows I'd ban him from my shows!
And then I'd put on a huge gig at Madison Square Garden and make sure all the most famous and bestest of the Bright Young Things were in attendance and as an encore I'd sing my new song "Morrissey Can Stick His Shitty Gigs Up His Smelly Old Bum".

If Morrissey banned me from his shows I'd ban him from my shows!
And then I'd put on a huge gig at Madison Square Garden and make sure all the most famous and bestest of the Bright Young Things were in attendance and as an encore I'd sing my new song "Morrissey Can Stick His Shitty Gigs Up His Smelly Old Bum".

Then, Morrissey would go, be refused access and he'd go home and he'd cry and he'd want to die.

If I got a ban, I would have clearly done something that got Moz's attention. If I was able to get Moz's attention (even if it meant getting banned), I'd go to bed smiling each and every damn night because I'd know that he knew I was alive.
And you wouldn't feel bad that the only reason he knew who you were was because he hated you?
I mean, you could get his attention like this by punching the guy in the face, or running over his cat - but is any attention, even negative attention, really a good thing?
Seems weird to me, but maybe that's why David continues to run this site, when I suspect most people who considered themselves 'fans' would have shut it down at Morrissey's request years ago.

Hey, even bad publicity is good. Look at that entire "Amy's Baking Company" fiasco. That woman has gotten a lot of business from being so terrible.

As psycho as it sounds, I'd be happy knowing that Morrissey found me "mildly irritating" than to, well, not find me at all.

I mean, you could get his attention like this by punching the guy in the face, or running over his cat - but is any attention, even negative attention, really a good thing?

Or writing songs with him and having the temerity to ask for your fair share of the profits.

Back
Top Bottom