If you had a chance to say one thing to Morrissey, what would it be?

Fiona

Love Morrissey ♥
A random fan question, but if you had a chance to meet Morrissey and had a moment with him, what one thing would you say to him?

I'd have a million and one things, I'm not sure I could even speak coherently if I met him. I think I'd really just want to thank him for his music and the memories he's blessed me with so far.

Amazing! What a privilege. I'd love to meet him, but I believe I'd make a plank of myself, I'd be nervous ;)

Thanks.

I did the whole jump barrier and shakes hand with him thing when I was a lot younger (ten years has flown by) and got to say the cheesy "i love youuuuu" line. he gave me the typical "are you sure? ok then!" response which will always stay with me.

I can imagine if I met him randomly in a social situation I would be overcome with shyness and fright, so I would merely ask politely for a handshake and a picture and not really indulge in the "omfg you saved me from suicide/becoming a priest" chatter that would be awkward for everyone.

No, actually, f*** that, I'd ask where Alain is.

I wouldn't approach him if he was just out having dinner or something. It's rude.

A casual "hi Morrissey" as you pass on by couldn't hurt.

Stopping and badgering him would be pretty annoying though.

I would probably say "Hi Morrissey" as I walked by, I don't think he would have a problem with that.

If I did meet him in a setting like a signing or at a show, I would ask him to sign my wrist or something. I think I would simply thank him for standing up for animals, I think that would have the most impact.

"You are really awesome and mean so much to me, but don't be such a pussy. If someone hurls a beer at you or yells a comment from the crowd that you take exception with, don't act like a spoiled twat and walk off stage leaving everyone else in the audience left holding the bag. Act like all your idols and handle the situation like a man."

Last edited:
I've never made any attempt to meet Morrissey, whether in a social setting or at a signing. The thought terrifies me, honestly, and I really do relate to what Morrissey wrote about (not) speaking to Kirk Douglas. ("Only Kirk Douglas could reduce me to such an irrational fear of breathing, but here it was. It was one of those very silly moments where we act on the second instinct whilst ignoring the first instinct, and of course, the second instinct always warns us to "do nothing." Too incurably demented to tap his shoulder and pledge eternal thanks and servitude, I stood and I watched as my hero walked away.")

In an ideal world where I didn't feel so painfully anxious about these things, I would want to thank Morrissey for affecting my outlook on life in ways that are so profound that I really believe I would be an entirely different person without having discovered him. If I could say two things, I would also want to tell him that he is beautiful; a masculine ideal.

Thankyou for making people think,changing peoples lives,and making people focus on the beautiful creatures who have no voice !!!!

Now do you see signs and people within people?

Back
Top Bottom