If you had...

smith4

the chance to travel back in time to see moz, which era of his career would you choose, and what would you say - would you tell him about the bad press of the nazi related accusations? johnny marr leaving? etc..

the chance to travel back in time to see moz, which era of his career would you choose, and what would you say - would you tell him about the bad press of the nazi related accusations? johnny marr leaving? etc..

If I told him about Johnny leaving, he'd leave first and we'd miss some more Smiths music.
I would tell him about Kirsty McCall dying in Mexico because he expressed regret about telling her she should go :blushing:

very good thread.....1988 so we could become friends as he was probably not so well protected. Ask for the accusations, I think he handled the idiots well. As for Johnny, I would of encouraged a friendship but it was Johnny with the problem, not Morrissey. (SHAME)

I love Alain, Boz and Jesse so Johnny as just a friend in the 90's and not trying to make him reunite would make more sense than ruining his solo work.

I would tell him not to speak to ANY British Journalist

I'd miss those funny interviews. And I think he handled it very well.

I would tell him about Kirsty McCall dying in Mexico because he expressed regret about telling her she should go :blushing:

Seconded.

I'd try to motivate him to
a) make an arrangement with the rythm section of the smiths that would prevent the court case

b) have holidays at the crucial phase(s)

and potentially stretching my fairy abilities ...

I'd try to do something that made his favourite producers live longer (and the manager of the smiths (Joe Moss?)

and try to get to know him better :)

hmmm

I would tell him not to speak to ANY British Journalist

I disagree.
Len Brown, Nick Kent and Simon Goddard are genuinely like Smiths and Morrissey's work.

If Morrissey decided not to speak to all British journalists, it'd had been a huge loss for us.

Ideally to help him, 1982. But he wouldn't give me the time of day so I'd say 1988. Still, kinda child bridish, but acceptable.

I'd try to do something that made his favourite producers live longer (and the manager of the smiths (Joe Moss?)

I don't think Joe Moss is dead - unless I've missed something. He was at Salford Uni with Johnny Marr a few months ago.

Dave

very good thread.....1988 so we could become friends as he was probably not so well protected. Ask for the accusations, I think he handled the idiots well. As for Johnny, I would of encouraged a friendship but it was Johnny with the problem, not Morrissey. (SHAME)

I love Alain, Boz and Jesse so Johnny as just a friend in the 90's and not trying to make him reunite would make more sense than ruining his solo work.

Thanks :) I think I'd convince him I was a psychic :p and get him to pay me in hugs - tee hee

I don't think Joe Moss is dead - unless I've missed something. He was at Salford Uni with Johnny Marr a few months ago.

Dave

yes you're right, he was the first manager and wanted to quit before he became a person no grata. had confused him. Sadly thereareso many in the conga line ...

Ok so I'd change my fairy job to help him with luck to keep producers alive
and relax on people who got on fine with johnny.

For my enjoyment ... Arsenal Kill Uncle era, but seriously ... i'd have him anytime

(with one exception: the quiffless and the Elvis pic session with mascara and gelled hair (just not that type of mascara/gel like him in.) On second thought., some fairy should have saved him. -> moi :p

Last edited:
yes you're right, he was the first manager and wanted to quit before he became a person no grata. had confused him. Sadly thereareso many in the conga line ...

Ok so I'd change my fairy job to help him with luck to keep producers alive
and relax on people who got on fine with johnny.

For my enjoyment ... Arsenal Kill Uncle era, but seriously ... i'd have him anytime

(with one exception: the quiffless and the Elvis pic session with mascara and gelled hair (just not that type of mascara/gel like him in.) On second thought., some fairy should have saved him. -> moi :p

tee hee

I'd probably go to the time between "Bona Drag" and "Kill Uncle" to convince him to hire me as a guitarist/cowrite for him. :p Nothing against th' Lads, it's just always been a dream of mine to cowrite with the man, and this was when he was looking for fresh blood. I promise I would've written you guys some swell tunes though :thumb:

I'd of course take in another few 1991-92 gigs, but what I really liked was the 1999-2000 tour.

Back
Top Bottom