Poll If you owned a record label, would you sign Morrissey in 2020?

If you owned a record label, would you sign Morrissey in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which label in their right mind would invest tens of thousands of pounds (possibly more) in a singer who is on a kamikaze mission to sabotage his own career and who would almost inevitably fall out with said label and slag them off because every release didn't go straight in at No. 1 and stay there for ever? Never mind the fact that his last album sold abysmally by all accounts. I think you'd have to be some combination of very wealthy, a fanboi, and a glutton for punishment to want to go anywhere within a country mile of him, financially speaking.
Hilarious nonsense, how could you even be bothered typing that?

Hilarious nonsense, how could you even be bothered typing that?
I can see why you choose to remain anonymous - it's presumably so you don't feel so embarrassed by the stream of diarrhoea you post on here.

I can see why you choose to remain anonymous - it's presumably so you don't feel so embarrassed by the stream of diarrhoea you post on here.
Hahaha ??? and who are you Radis Noir? Obviously your parents have a fantastic sense of humour!!!

And another thing Raddy, do you really believe that the greatest lyricist this country has ever produced will not get another deal? Your post is troll drivel and you know it.

And another thing Raddy, do you really believe that the greatest lyricist this country has ever produced will not get another deal? Your post is troll drivel and you know it.
He's not the greatest lyricist this country has ever produced. I think he will struggle to get a deal now that the general perception of him is that he is a racist. (This of course assumes that the current one is finished and won't be renewed.) The only one trolling here is you, Anonymous Coward.

He's not the greatest lyricist this country has ever produced. I think he will struggle to get a deal now that the general perception of him is that he is a racist. (This of course assumes that the current one is finished and won't be renewed.) The only one trolling here is you, Anonymous Coward.
Have a look at yourself talking nonsense and throwing insults, if that's what turns you on go for it , you are as anonymous as anyone on here and what you've said in your last post makes it crystal clear that you're not a fan but a troll, so get a grip sunshine.

Have a look at yourself talking nonsense and throwing insults, if that's what turns you on go for it , you are as anonymous as anyone on here and what you've said in your last post makes it crystal clear that you're not a fan but a troll, so get a grip sunshine.
You started it, Anonymous Coward. Now unless you have anything interesting to say (no evidence of that so far) I'll bid you a good afternoon and wish you good luck as you start your journey through puberty.

You started it, Anonymous Coward. Now unless you have anything interesting to say (no evidence of that so far) I'll bid you a good afternoon and wish you good luck as you start your journey through puberty.
Hahaha you're a funny guy Mr Radish but in the Roy Cropper kinda way, local oddball type you know what I mean? I asked you a legitimate question, didn't start anything, you're so far up your own backside you took offence and started spitting the dummy...time to creep back under your remote crumbling bridge Trollface.

Hahaha you're a funny guy Mr Radish but in the Roy Cropper kinda way, local oddball type you know what I mean? I asked you a legitimate question, didn't start anything, you're so far up your own backside you took offence and started spitting the dummy...time to creep back under your remote crumbling bridge Trollface.
Bingo! I've always thought of him as that, & read his posts in the Roy Cropper style. Funny that someone else has noticed it too. Haha.

Everyone on here is anonymous Roy, haven't you noticed?

So who is? off the top... Lennon, McCartney, Bowie, Morrissey.

Morrissey might even be considered the most original of that bunch. Though subjective.

Others? Kate Bush, Ian Curtis, Pete Shelly, Syd Barrett ....

Morrissey might even be considered the most original of that bunch. Though subjective.

Others? Kate Bush, Ian Curtis, Pete Shelly.

Morrissey will now be omitted from all songwriter lists due to his xenophobic ways.

Others? Kate Bush, Ian Curtis, Pete Shelly, Syd Barrett ....
Dunno, it's subjective as you say. You could use the criteria of record sales, influence on other songwriters, number of songs covered by other artists. But it's difficult to argue that he is superior to Lennon. McCartney, or Bowie, never mind any of a dozen other lyricists.

Dunno, it's subjective as you say. You could use the criteria of record sales, influence on other songwriters, number of songs covered by other artists. But it's difficult to argue that he is superior to Lennon. McCartney, or Bowie, never mind any of a dozen other lyricists.

I'd also add that Morrissey isn't a composer. Unlike Lennon, McCartney, Bowie etc

No. I wouldn’t. He turns everything sour. I think he actually gets off doing it and then playing the victim. I wouldn’t waste my money and energy on him.

(I’ve wasted enough of my time, energy, and money already).

Which label in their right mind would invest tens of thousands of pounds (possibly more) in a singer who is on a kamikaze mission to sabotage his own career and who would almost inevitably fall out with said label and slag them off because every release didn't go straight in at No. 1 and stay there for ever? Never mind the fact that his last album sold abysmally by all accounts. I think you'd have to be some combination of very wealthy, a fanboi, and a glutton for punishment to want to go anywhere within a country mile of him, financially speaking.
and here you are on his website.if hes so bad why would you even waste your time coming on here,life really is too short.

Back
Top Bottom