Poll If you owned a record label, would you sign Morrissey in 2020?

If you owned a record label, would you sign Morrissey in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok let’s go, back home! It too hot for you in the park.

NO!

d8d2c8e565a68022ba3ca9b5616af784.jpg

I wonder how much promotion Morrissey ‘refuses to do’ ?

From the look of it, in regards to BMG, it seems Morrissey was the only one
doing any real promotion by touring.
Well, Morrissey is going to tour with or without an album, so that's pretty much a given anyway. There is certainly plenty more Morrissey could do, if he was willing. Back in the Sanctuary Records period Morrissey was everywhere, with heaps of TV and radio appearances , and so many print interviews I gave up trying to keep up with them in the end. He was out there flogging the albums constantly, and it definitely helped.

Obviously, these days he has such a toxic reputation he'd face an uphill struggle with the press, but I am sure they would all be desperate to do proper interviews, only these days he won't.

Well, Morrissey is going to tour with or without an album, so that's pretty much a given anyway. There is certainly plenty more Morrissey could do, if he was willing. Back in the Sanctuary Records period Morrissey was everywhere, with heaps of TV and radio appearances , and so many print interviews I gave up trying to keep up with them in the end. He was out there flogging the albums constantly, and it definitely helped.

Obviously, these days he has such a toxic reputation he'd face an uphill struggle with the press, but I am sure they would all be desperate to do proper interviews, only these days he won't.

Sanctuary must of won his trust. Guess BMG failed him.

But, about doing interviews. It seems he doesn’t feel the need to explain or defend himself, not anymore anyway.

Back
Top Bottom