ignored users comments

starless

★★★★★
I am not sure if this has been brought up before.

You can still see ignored users comments if they are quoted by another user in the thread.

You can still see ignored users comments if they are quoted by another user in the thread.

yeah im pretty sure thats common knowledge.

well, at least among the regular posters

I see. It's just that I haven't used the ignore function before.
Still it would be nice if quotes from ignored users are ignored too I think.

Cheers

Are you trying to say that the more you ignore them, the closer they get?:D

Jukebox Jury

I generally find that, if something bothers me that much, I tend to just ignore it with my brain.

yeah, i don't think anyone has bothered me to the point where i would feel the need to press some of those magical computering buttons just to remove their posts...

then again. maybe i am one of those people. if so, my opinion doesn't count. also no-one is reading my posts so i can say all kinds of kerazee stuff like KILL UNCLE IS BETTER THAN VAUXHALL!!!!

yeah, i don't think anyone has bothered me to the point where i would feel the need to press some of those magical computering buttons just to remove their posts...

then again. maybe i am one of those people. if so, my opinion doesn't count. also no-one is reading my posts so i can say all kinds of kerazee stuff like KILL UNCLE IS BETTER THAN VAUXHALL!!!!

yesitis, where have you been lately?
and NO...I didn't have you on "ignore." ;)

anyone care to tell me what an ignored user is?

You can suppress certain users' comments by viewing their profile, then clicking the "Add * to Your Ignore List" link. Their comments will appear in a suppressed format--you can still view them, but by default, you just see the user's name and post number.

If nobody does, though, I'll know what it is.

:D

anyone care to tell me what an ignored user is?

If nobody does, though, I'll know what it is.

ha ha aww Di! no one could ignore you. :D
You have the option to put other board users on ignore meaning you miss all their comments unless someone quotes them then you might see the comments in the other persons comment. (too many comments there)

The problem is the way the quote function works. It just grabs the quoted post and puts it in a little box and it stays the same even if they revise their post. I'd like to see some sort of javascripted live quote function, where instead of grabbing text, formatting it and repeating it, each quote would go back to the source. Maybe it could even be a function where you'd get a balloon or pop-up, but you could choose not to get pop-ups, which would, in effect, block quotes.

There might also be a way, doing this, that each person's posts would still be ignored, according to who was viewing the post and who was on their ignore list.

Also, if a person was being ignored, there would be an "ignore score" by their name. A number showing hom many people were ignoring them. We could also have a buddy list score.

Back
Top Bottom