In what ways are you like Morrissey?

Lost

looks? personality? outlook on life? sense of humour? political views? vegetarianism? etc etc...

(I know we don't actually 'know' him but we do have some idea of his persona from interviews, other people, his art, etc..)

I've just been reading some interviews of Moz sent to me by a lovely friend and i found myself relating to him in so many ways myself.

I am nothing like him, but i want to be with him.....;)

I am like him in the most important way...

"I am human and I need to be loved"

What more is there for any of us to say? Everything else we may share is secondary to that.

i'm quiet and shy i suppose.....can we be with him for afternoon tea slum mummy?

Yes, of course we can, i'll book the tickets to Rome......

I am like him in the most important way...

"I am human and I need to be loved"

What more is there for any of us to say? Everything else we may share is secondary to that.

Bravo....well said...:)

I'm a veggie and outspoken on things I feel passionately about. I'm also pretty shy and struggle with relationships, though I've got a lot of love to give.

I'm a veggie and outspoken on things I feel passionately about. I'm also pretty shy and struggle with relationships, though I've got a lot of love to give.

Thats me as well and people often misunderstand my humour because it is witty, sarcastic and cynical.

I have the same
veggie values ,
love of the written word,
dry sense of humour,
anti social tendencies (i.e. i hate humans, apart from you lot! )
intelligence level, (i hope!LOL)

and im sure theres plenty more but i'd need to spend TIME with Moz to confirm these...
*cough* Morrissey pay attention here dear *cough*

I am vegetarian, northern and I only have about 7 friends :D

Ha i only have, *thinks for a mo* about 2, people i would actually class as friends.
but i think you win anyway *pokes tongue out*

I am like him in too many ways, possibly the reason why I started liking him a lot to begin with (I'm kind of an egomaniac...well...not really..not to that extent, but I think I'm pretty cool)

I don't eat flesh either, I really really hate flying even though I have to do it at least a couple of times/year... I really hate music made today...most of it..I write and I sing...I don't connect with people that easily and I only like a couple of people in my proximity. I think Oscar Wilde is the best thing since sliced bread....I adore tea and drink too much of it...
I don't think I look like Morrissey though...maybe if I quiff up my hair and wear my glasses. But not physically. I'm a girl, he's a very very masculine man (with feminine expressions).

hmm hmm blah blah
i do love the way he speaks. So maybe sometimes i try to carry myself in conversations like he might? who knows? and sometimes i try to do the looks that he does.

I think I’m quite like the younger Morrissey, quite sadly in a lot of ways: trapped in my home town, shy and anti-social, head in the clouds dreaming of better things, living through books/ music and generally not finding life too easy. And I feel like I’ve missed out on the fun time being young is supposed to be- like he said, you’re aware certain things are supposed to happen along the way, and of what your peers are up to, but somehow they just pass you by- particularly relationships-wise. I share his views on vegetarianism and the royal family but I wouldn’t air my opinions in quite the way he does, I kind of try to ignore the things and people I don’t like in life. Oh so healthy an existence…!

I think I’m quite like the younger Morrissey, quite sadly in a lot of ways: trapped in my home town, shy and anti-social, head in the clouds dreaming of better things, living through books/ music and generally not finding life too easy. And I feel like I’ve missed out on the fun time being young is supposed to be- like he said, you’re aware certain things are supposed to happen along the way, and of what your peers are up to, but somehow they just pass you by- particularly relationships-wise. I share his views on vegetarianism and the royal family but I wouldn’t air my opinions in quite the way he does, I kind of try to ignore the things and people I don’t like in life. Oh so healthy an existence…!

hah i knew i'd find you mark simpson...somewhere sometime.
although this might belong in the "morrissey ruined my life" thread...blah blah who knows?

I discovered we had a mutual appreciation of 60's film, Alan Bennett, Oscar Wilde and my closest friends are female.

hah i knew i'd find you mark simpson...somewhere sometime.
although this might belong in the "morrissey ruined my life" thread...blah blah who knows?

Ha! I can assure you I'm really not Mark Simpson, quite the opposite really! Although I take that as a compliment, I loved his book and his views.

And I don't blame Morrissey for the way I am at all, I was like this before he came along, there just seem to be a lot of things I relate to with him- although I'm sure everyone picks up on different aspects of his character. And I'm quite happy not being happy in some strange way.

I’m male/similar age to moz/from Manchester/awful schooling/working class with middle class values/heavily influenced by literature, music and art/always felt ‘different’/misunderstood as ‘aloof’ and having ideas above my station/often felt alienated/early social anxiety from being reserved rather than shy/strong views but very sensitive and kind hearted/cry easily/very choosy about friends and who I allow into my inner circle/ever increasing misanthropy/learned to ‘accept myself’ as who I am but only in later years....etc etc

Last edited:
I’m male/similar age to moz/from Manchester/awful schooling/working class with middle class values/heavily influenced by literature, music and art/always felt ‘different’/misunderstood as ‘aloof’ and having ideas above my station/often felt alienated/early social anxiety from being reserved rather than shy/strong views but very sensitive and kind hearted/cry easily/very choosy about friends and who I allow into my inner circle/ever increasing misanthropy/learned to ‘accept myself’ as who I am but only in later years....etc etc

Ok, apart from the male thing and the age thing you have just wrote about me. :o

Back
Top Bottom