Info on new album from Alain , LATV

JoeSellMozza

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrissey's_Untitled_Ninth_Studio_Album

On Feburary 4 2008, Alain Whyte hinted at the sound the new album, in a television interview for LA television: "With Ringleader, we smoothed out the edges and made an elegant record, I guess that's the word to describe it, "elegant", with this next one we've wanted to throw back some intensity into it. We've got some great arrangements and the lyrics are more topical than ever, I think alot of fans are going to be greatly suprised".

Can anybody confirm this interview happened?

I cannot confirm it's authenticity - but if it is real, then I'm glad that Alain is still working with Moz.

Now for the love of God, can someone please just take Solomon and Jesse off our hands and get Alain and Gary back? Pah-leez???

Rummaging through Wiki has revealed the following potential album titles:

The Jewell in the Crown [sic]
I Could've Been Elvis
Don't Shoot the Messanger [sic]

the latter is the more recent edit.

Also, a new track title is leaked there: "The Boy Was Never Quite Proper" composed with Boz Boorer

All these changes are coming from an IP north of London, not that that actually means anything. Poking around a bit more reveals that Guillaume may have made these changes.

Last edited:

I Could've Been Elvis

Also, a new track title is leaked there: "The Boy Was Never Quite Proper" composed with Boz Boorer

All these changes are coming from an IP north of London, not that that actually means anything. Poking around a bit more reveals that Guillaume may have made these changes.

weird, i heard the "i could've been elvis" as a title back in like 2002... before YATQ came out.

weird, i heard the "i could've been elvis" as a title back in like 2002... before YATQ came out.

It was purportedly the original title of the "Oye Esteban!" DVD, but there were whispers that the Presley Estate were not happy with this decision. I think there is something in the main page archives to this effect.

Cheers,
Jamie

It was purportedly the original title of the "Oye Esteban!" DVD, but there were whispers that the Presley Estate were not happy with this decision. I think there is something in the main page archives to this effect.

Cheers,
Jamie

I'm just reporting what's on the Wiki changes page... it was listed as a potential title, however briefly, a month or so ago. I'm getting this from the Morrissey's Ninth Studio Album page on wiki. All changes made, who made them, and when, are available to see.

whatever the truth, the excitement surrounding this new album is already outshining the greatest hits release - i for one cannot wait.

Also i would give a limb to see Moz play with Gary, Alain and Boz together again.

I cannot confirm it's authenticity - but if it is real, then I'm glad that Alain is still working with Moz.

Now for the love of God, can someone please just take Solomon and Jesse off our hands and get Alain and Gary back? Pah-leez???

I can't imagine the band without Gary. :(

Reading into that -- do most people think Matt Walker is a good drummer that should stay? I think he's the best since Spensah but sometimes a little too caveman when he should finesse it.

whatever the truth, the excitement surrounding this new album is already outshining the greatest hits release - i for one cannot wait.

Also i would give a limb to see Moz play with Gary, Alain and Boz together again.

I can't imagine the band without Gary. :(

Reading into that -- do most people think Matt Walker is a good drummer that should stay? I think he's the best since Spensah but sometimes a little too caveman when he should finesse it.

He is a bit of a basher. I thought his playing worked really well on All You Need Is Me, but was too busy on That's How People Grow Up. (Mind you, you know that I have larger issues with the latter!) With the exception of Matt Chamberlain sessioning for RotT, Morrissey hasn't a drummer capable of bridging the crush/caress gap since Andrew Paresi. Spencer was great on the uptempo, high energy stuff, but obviously couldn't carry a pastoral record like Vauxhall and I. Woodie Taylor is great on that album, but sounds limp on the "Boxers" single. Deano had great concert presence and played very well technically (see: "Come Back to Camden"), but lacked the same forcefulness Spencer had. Spike Smith, bless him, was a bit of a mess--but he's pretty good on the Motivators EP!

Cheers,
Jamie

I Could've Been Elvis

"Don't Shoot the Messenger."

:D :guitar: :D

Back
Top Bottom