Instagram: a site where killers receive likes

I think most people would agree with this. The days of hunting defenseless animals have in large part been put behind us whether slaves in the colosseum or foxes in the forest. But what is alarming are TV shows here in America that celebrate and glorify those who hunt for sport.

Lying in wait to shoot an animal with a high powered rifle is hardly sporting. And enjoying watching someone execute and dispatch an animal without a second thought is equally disturbing. This is the direction our modern society is headed. An overall desensitization to human rights, animal rights, attitudes towards women, etc. The list goes on and on.

Perhaps you should reconsider voting Trump then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...luding-leopard-elephant-death-Cecil-lion.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hunting-again-will-more-trophy-photos-follow/

Yes, well neither one is a bargain. I am on the precipice of making the decision to pull a "Moz" and withhold my vote this time around. I am pretty sure we can all agree that Trump has done more than shoot himself in the foot during this election run...he has blown it clear off.

Still Hillary is a conniving, evasive, soulless, beltway politician that will not get one thing of any value done for the working class, other than potentially instigating public works projects at tax payers expense. She is the poster girl for cronyism here in America and now all of her Foundation Friends will have a clear path to the White House. Lucky for us we won't have to deal with a liar like Trump. :rolleyes:

PS. Shouldn't you be packing for Greece right now...the land of milk and honey (and an economy on the brink of collapse) ;)

Last edited:
Yes, well neither one is a bargain. I am on the precipice of making the decision to pull a "Moz" and withhold my vote this time around. I am pretty sure we can all agree that Trump has done more than shoot himself in the foot during this election run...he has blown it clear off.

Still Hillary is a conniving, evasive, soulless, beltway politician that will not get one thing of any value done for the working class, other than potentially instigating public works projects at tax payers expense. She is the poster girl for cronyism here in America and now all of her Foundation Friends will have a clear path to the White House. Lucky for us we won't have to deal with a liar like Trump.

Very true. Continuing down Obama's path. One thing I really wanted to see abolished is Obama Care. $442 a month for health care is not affordable. It's great to have health insurance, I agree. But at least let me choose whether I want it or not, and don't penalize me should I decide against it. It's a joke.

Very true. Continuing down Obama's path. One thing I really wanted to see abolished is Obama Care. $442 a month for health care is not affordable. It's great to have health insurance, I agree. But at least let me choose whether I want it or not, and don't penalize me should I decide against it. It's a joke.

Health insurance and the inevitable collapse of the Social Security system are tough and complex problems, and if not dealt with immediately in a sane and rational manner, will soon implode in a our faces.

The "kick the can down the road" politics of today, and, it seems at this point, for the foreseeable future will only serve to further stress our economy and our citizens. And at this crucial time in our history we have one candidate that makes me shake my head in disgust and one in disbelief leaving my neck sore from it all.

After eight years of Obama it is quite clear that his slogan of "Yes We Can" should have been "No I Cannot." Now we have "Make America Great Again" v. "Stronger Together." Either way, odds are in four years we will still be in the same position we are today. I don't think Trump will win, but having had decades of governmental inbreds running the country people are hungry for a change and many are willing to hold their noses or turn their heads to get it.

A Misogynist versus a Denegrator. One whose words and actions towards women are deplorable, and the other who constitutes a large part of the voting public as "deplorables." What a choice we are faced with.

Definitely sickening and definitely frightening - they see nothing wrong with their behavior and intentions and are seemingly incapable of feeling compassion for another being.

Well, who doesn't make mistakes?, but you are a kind and caring person with loving intentions. Any animal (humans included) would be lucky to have you around.

I live alone and am thinking about getting a cat from the shelter, but I say that to myself for many years now.
It still feels like betraying the cat I loved many years ago. I know it's not true but it feels like that.

The vet. doctor suggested immediately after he passed away I would get another cat.
It probably was well intended but I felt shocked and miserable, who could replace this great, lovable creature.
He was like a real person to me and I loved him unconditionally. How could I just replace him for another cat?
It still feels like betraying him, can you imagine, after so many years ?

get yourself a cat, quando--an orange tabby, and name him augustus maximillian. if it makes you feel better say hes mine and that you're just looking after him.

get yourself a cat, quando--an orange tabby, and name him augustus maximillian. if it makes you feel better say hes mine and that you're just looking after him.

But than I would think he or she would miss you that much and feel sorry.
Nice name but if it was female I would consider Rifke. :p
It's just a nice and funny name and I don't think you would object to that, would you?
I wouldn't if you did!

But rifke if Quando gets a cat what will happen to us?:( He'll spend all his time playing and loving his cuddly new friend that he won't have any spare time for us here at this forum. I mean I'm not saying that I'd be jealous of his new cat or anything like that, But do you think it would be a good idea to encourage Quando in healthier activities ?

But rifke if Quando gets a cat what will happen to us?:( He'll spend all his time playing and loving his cuddly new friend that he won't have any spare time for us here at this forum. I mean I'm not saying that I'd be jealous of his new cat or anything like that, But do you think it would be a good idea to encourage Quando in healthier activities ?

Don't worrie Ket (cat, ha!), the advantage of having a cat, it is very independent and lives his own mysterious life and leaves me enough time to spend here chatting with you and Rifke, lanterns, and all my favourite posters here. I could have it on my lap and just chatting with you. I would really miss it, and although you are right, there is an unhealthy side to it to spend that much time, I really enjoy it. Yes it can be distracting and absorbing time I could have used for other activities, but I was bored before I even began to think about them.
You are nice and funny and I know for sure you are kind. :thumb:

Don't worrie Ket (cat, ha!), the advantage of having a cat, it is very independent and lives his own mysterious life and leaves me enough time to spend here chatting with you and Rifke, lanterns, and all my favourite posters here. I could have it on my lap and just chatting with you. I would really miss it, and although you are right, there is an unhealthy side to it to spend that much time, I really enjoy it. Yes it can be distracting and absorbing time I could have used for other activities, but I was bored before I even began to think about them.
You are nice and funny and I know for sure you are kind. :thumb:

oh Quando... we're gonna miss you when you're gone ! I'm not jealous or anything,really, it's fine, FINE go and spend all your time with your cat, see if we care ! I like cats really, I don't have one or a desire to, but cats are fine. It's just those kittens ! damn those kittens! those cute adorable fluffy kittens !... they are the scourge of planet earth !!!

but if you must. :)

oh Quando... we're gonna miss you when you're gone ! I'm not jealous or anything,really, it's fine, FINE go and spend all your time with your cat, see if we care ! I like cats really, I don't have one or a desire to, but cats are fine. It's just those kittens ! damn those kittens! those cute adorable fluffy kittens !... they are the scourge of planet earth !!!

but if you must. :)

They are so adorable, but I have made up my mind, if I would have a cat, it is from the shelter, just to give it a good life. And as I live alone and would have to leave the house to do shopping or whatever, a little kitten would be alone for to long and as it so tiny and dependent on me I couldn't leave my house. They can get in so many life-threatening, dangerous situations.

I live alone and am thinking about getting a cat from the shelter, but I say that to myself for many years now.
It still feels like betraying the cat I loved many years ago. I know it's not true but it feels like that.

The vet. doctor suggested immediately after he passed away I would get another cat.
It probably was well intended but I felt shocked and miserable, who could replace this great, lovable creature.
He was like a real person to me and I loved him unconditionally. How could I just replace him for another cat?
It still feels like betraying him, can you imagine, after so many years ?

He was such a lucky cat to have you to love him and give him such a wonderful life for so long... and I'll bet you feel like you were the lucky one! The way you talk about him so lovingly brings tears to my eyes and I don't think it strange at all that you still feel the way you do about him. It would be nice if another cat just showed up in your life because then it would seem like fate brought you together and it was meant to be, but I think that can just as easily happen at a shelter too - and there are so many sweet cats that need someone. You'll know when the time is right. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and a wonderful (and lucky) new cat friend to find each other.

If we actually are talking about pets, I would recommend Quando to adopt a poodle. It's a lovely cat-like dog, and he won't feel bad about replacing his cat with another one. He always will be "the one" (the cat).
I would call it Nail. Just because "one nail drives out another".

but he or she wouldnt know me to miss me! its perfect! of course i wouldnt mind if you called it rifke! (thats not my real name anyway). actually not only should you call it rifke but you should get another cat--make sure he is a very handsome cat with a masterful eyebrow ridge and that he is wonderfully beblazered at all times--and call him morrissey. then make sure they have lots and looooots of baby kitties, and in that way morrisey and i will finally be together forever <3

wait... forget i said that :paranoid:

oh my goodness, you're right! what have i doooooone?! and with the rate you're here what will happen is it will just be me talking to myself all day (but pretending im talking to morrissey) and it will be the saddest thing you ever did see... umm... on second thought quando! i dont think you should get a cat, after all! they're annoying. also you cant replace that first one you had, so dont even try! also you mentioned having to go to the store... well, have you considered getting your groceries delivered to your house? it's just that, i mean...you're a busy man, you dont have time for the bullshit of actually having to go the store. also, that reminds me... those activities you enjoy outside the house? you should stop doing them. i've uh.... heard they're bad for you health! oh! and you know your real life friends? well, dump them! um... they suck! trust me, quando. me and ketamine sun are the best friends you'll ever have. none of your "real life" (pfft) friends understand you like we do.

(there, k_s, i think that should do the trick :cool:)

If we actually are talking about pets, I would recommend Quando to adopt a poodle. It's a lovely cat-like dog, and he won't feel bad about replacing his cat with another one. He always will be "the one" (the cat).
nail is a good name! do you really like poodles? i've never been partial to them. as far as little dogs go, wiener dogs are my favourite! i love their little noses <3
wiener-dog-popcorn-640x512.jpg

nail is a good name! do you really like poodles? i've never been partial to them. as far as little dogs go, wiener dogs are my favourite! i love their little noses <3
wiener-dog-popcorn-640x512.jpg

I like all dogs, but poodles have a great temperament.
Do you think they are "thacky"?

I like all dogs, but poodles have a great temperament.
Do you think they are "thacky"?
i've never been around one so i dont know. i just remembered not liking them when i was little, but i did a google image search of them just a minute ago and some of them are actually kind of cute. what's "thacky" mean?

Something came up in my memory just now.
I've seen photographs of myself as a baby with my mother when she was walking outside.
I was in the pram. There was a poodle but a big one. He was black. I don't remember him.
I can't remember his name though I knew once.
My mother told me he was very protective. Nobody could get near the pram without a warning growl.
And he was very sweet with me as a baby.
He was a very strong and intelligent dog as I was told. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom