Interesting Morrissey T-Shirts - TurntableLab.com

from: https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/top-holiday-gifts?page=2

39484_wu-morrisey-sweatshirt_1800x.jpg

39483_moztang_1800x.jpg

39482_morrissey-killuncle-shirt_1800x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
second one isn't too bad but the first yuck.

I liked the first myself but I kinda don't like the thunderbolt metal lettering of the Metallica logo

The Metallica album cover one is funny, but it would be even more so if the blood stain was in the shape of Morrissey's profile.

Funnily, I saw the Wu-Tang one a while ago, and ordered it. The Metallica one? Not so much.

Yeah, I've always liked the Wu one, but then I love Wu Tang Clan and I love Morrissey, so it's kinda perfect.

Metallica, lol, they're a pile of poo, music for children. They may have sold more records than Moz, but they are not anywhere near the pedigree of Moz, useless f***ers! lol, so no I don't want a tshirt associating Morrissey with Metallica, same as I don't want to read about Conner Mcgregor being associated with Floyd Mayweather, :head-smack::head-smack::rofl:

Hmm... kind of don't see the connection between Moz or either of those other bands. The designs are well enough done, I just don't see the point, sorry...

Hmm... kind of don't see the connection between Moz or either of those other bands. The designs are well enough done, I just don't see the point, sorry...

I think the point is that people consider morrissey and his music to be antithetical to hip hop and thrash metal and so is funny seeing his work connected to well known ones by flipping the w to an m etc. it brought to mind for a second an image of morrissey with a front tied bandana and a flannel shirt throwing up gang signs with one hand holding a blunt in the other

I think the point is that people consider morrissey and his music to be antithetical to hip hop and thrash metal and so is funny seeing his work connected to well known ones by flipping the w to an m etc. it brought to mind for a second an image of morrissey with a front tied bandana and a flannel shirt throwing up gang signs with one hand holding a blunt in the other

Oh I dunno, they go together quite well. For instance, this album...

https://www.amazon.com/World-Still-Wont-Listen-Tribute/dp/B00000B2J0

...has some great re-workings. A favourite of mine is...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's punk rock though and not thrash metal. Thrash metal is generally considered to be more immature macho masculine and dumb while punk rock is generally considered a more experimental ideologically speaking and for the most part more intelligent. Not saying this is always the case of course but it's the general thought. Metallicas kill em all is a thrash metal band

That's punk rock though and not thrash metal. Thrash metal is generally considered to be more immature macho masculine and dumb while punk rock is generally considered a more experimental ideologically speaking and for the most part more intelligent. Not saying this is always the case of course but it's the general thought. Metallicas kill em all is a thrash metal band

I would never ever put labels on music genres, or try to pigeon-hole. Music means different things to different people. Assertions are never accurate. Subjective experience is not either, but more meaningful.

In short - labels mean nothing.

Last edited:

It's allways interesting when singers, musicians, bands try to change a bit, using other influences and genres.

But same goes for bands sticking to what they are best at.
There are all kind of unwritten rules and codes that can be very stringent, not least the perception of the public and the audiences, many times expecting the same success formula and the need to categorize music genres and not understanding the need to change and escape from that labeling.

And of course, there is the money involved. o_O
Why change if it is successful?

Don't care much for thrash metal but you never know if somebody inspired by it and using it comes up with a great record.

I still like The Ramones and they never changed much but I can understand why Moz likes them as much as he does.
Although his first impression was negative, he changed his opinion very fast.
It has to do something with the desperation and the directness of expression.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom