Interpol's Paul Banks: brief interview (Morrissey mentioned) - Hot Press

UPDATE July 1:

Paul Banks (Interpol) on touring with Morrissey; clarification on Hot Press quote

edit-interpol-press-photo-lathigra-high-res.jpg

Interpol's Paul Banks on the band's formative years as contemporaries of The Strokes and Yeah Yeah Yeahs, their decision to tour with Morrissey, and more.

Interview by Ed Power (20 June, 2019).

https://www.hotpress.com/music/interpols-paul-banks-delves-beginnings-new-sound-22777356

Relevant part:

Interpol have received a more mixed response to the announcement that they are to go on the road in the US with Morrissey this autumn. Some corners of the Twittersphere are unhappy that the band are sharing the bill with an artist accused of proselytising unacceptable views.

"It's easy for me not to support Morrissey, as his solo output is garbage," tweeted Chris Marron of London indie outfit Hanabi The Band. "But I'm also willing to not support any of the acts who work with him or tour with him."

"We thought it would be a good show for our band," says Banks. "That's how I'm looking at it. I don't get too much into the other stuff."

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy is a giant hip hop fan so I’m sure he’s heard his musicians say wore

I'm certain that Morrissey and Paul Banks will be devastated that Chris Marron - who only has 518 Twitter followers despite being on Twitter for over 10 years with over 11 thousand tweets, and whose band only has 48 followers, and whose tweet in question only received two likes! - doesn't support their decision to go on tour together.

WOW! Chris Marron obviously knows his stuff when talking about music. I mean, Morrissey NEVER sells out shows, never did Broadway or anything, CAN'T WRITE any kind of extra-ordinary INTELLIGENT lyrics or songs, and DEFINITELY hasn't had an almost 40 year career. WHY WOULD anybody want to play with him, really? No common sense, nor intestinal fortitude for this Chris Marron guy. I'm glad he's going to 'sell-out' and condemn Morrissey, just so he can have another 10 whining nobodies come to his show. He'll attract ALL the flies until he wises up. He doesn't have to agree with Morrissey (WHO DOES AND WHO CARES???), but he's too inexperienced to even realize what he's saying.

I remember Miley Cyrus at the Grammys, when an interviewer asked if she would like to meet Radiohead, and she said something like 'no, they should want to meet me'. Radiohead is genre-less, intelligent songwriting with avant-garde music as it's vehicle. It's hard for someone who doesn't really have an artistic mind to appreciate sophisticated things like Radiohead's music, or the fact that they've influenced thousands of people to play better music, appreciate it too.

Who the f*** is Chris Marron and who the f*** are Hanabi the Band? well, who cares, some losers who can't even respect other people's opinions. They can shove theirs up their own asses as far as I'm concerned.

View attachment 50567

Interpol's Paul Banks on the band's formative years as contemporaries of The Strokes and Yeah Yeah Yeahs, their decision to tour with Morrissey, and more.

Interview by Ed Power (20 June, 2019).

https://www.hotpress.com/music/interpols-paul-banks-delves-beginnings-new-sound-22777356

Relevant part:

Interpol have received a more mixed response to the announcement that they are to go on the road in the US with Morrissey this autumn. Some corners of the Twittersphere are unhappy that the band are sharing the bill with an artist accused of proselytising unacceptable views.

"It's easy for me not to support Morrissey, as his solo output is garbage," tweeted Chris Marron of London indie outfit Hanabi The Band. "But I'm also willing to not support any of the acts who work with him or tour with him."

"We thought it would be a good show for our band," says Banks. "That's how I'm looking at it. I don't get too much into the other stuff."

Regards,
FWD.
Chris moron. This is how you try to make a name for yourself when you have no talent. A bit like Dave Haslam. Jump on the mindless bandwagon in order to save us all from the perils of Morrissey's terrifyingl interest in British politics. Yawn.

UPDATE !!!!

Spillers bans INTERPOL records from their store !!!!!

And receive more free publicity.

;)

Who the f*** is Chris Marron and who the f*** are Hanabi the Band? well, who cares, some losers who can't even respect other people's opinions. They can shove theirs up their own asses as far as I'm concerned.

"Other people's opinions" LOLOL this is the kind of rhetoric when talking about people who hold racist or bigoted views that allows it to be normalized. That's a f***ing problem. Any opinions about the superiority of unchosen, generic attributes automatically forfeit any validity of the believer within the realm of humanity. Period. Don't downplay this shit.

They sound like they're too scared to call out the moral panic of the far left while piggy backing on a tour with Morrissey.

Interpol are fairly crap nowadays anyway. Perhaps Moz should bring his video show on the road again. I really enjoyed it on his last UK tour.

hanabi the band,bet theyr f***ing awful.but its free publicity.

WOW! Chris Marron obviously knows his stuff when talking about music. I mean, Morrissey NEVER sells out shows, never did Broadway or anything, CAN'T WRITE any kind of extra-ordinary INTELLIGENT lyrics or songs, and DEFINITELY hasn't had an almost 40 year career. WHY WOULD anybody want to play with him, really? No common sense, nor intestinal fortitude for this Chris Marron guy. I'm glad he's going to 'sell-out' and condemn Morrissey, just so he can have another 10 whining nobodies come to his show. He'll attract ALL the flies until he wises up. He doesn't have to agree with Morrissey (WHO DOES AND WHO CARES???), but he's too inexperienced to even realize what he's saying.

I remember Miley Cyrus at the Grammys, when an interviewer asked if she would like to meet Radiohead, and she said something like 'no, they should want to meet me'. Radiohead is genre-less, intelligent songwriting with avant-garde music as it's vehicle. It's hard for someone who doesn't really have an artistic mind to appreciate sophisticated things like Radiohead's music, or the fact that they've influenced thousands of people to play better music, appreciate it too.
radioheads creep is in my top ten songs,amazing song.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom