Interview: Morrissey: There's 'a Rage in the Blood' on New Album - Rolling Stone

Morrissey: There's 'a Rage in the Blood' on New Album - Rolling Stone
Icon talks about “louder” new LP, wonders "Can young can people can ever be carefree again?"

Note: This is a brief "interview" !

Excerpt:

"Tell me about the album title. What was the thinking behind it?

My concern wanders to anyone feeling academically or spiritually low in high school... directionless or hopeless. Can young people ever be carefree again? It's a question."

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what I thought this album was about. Please, don't pressure young people to fit into a mold. Youth is a time to enjoy and experiment, not to achieve other people's goals. It has a lot to do with Staircase To The University. Be proud of young people just for what they are, not for what the do or they achieve. Freedom to make mistakes is the best school. Put pressure out of children and teens and our future will be a better place.

Last edited:
Morrissey: There's 'a Rage in the Blood' on New Album - Rolling Stone
Icon talks about “louder” new LP, wonders "Can young can people can ever be carefree again?"

Note: This is a brief "interview" !

Excerpt:

"Tell me about the album title. What was the thinking behind it?

My concern wanders to anyone feeling academically or spiritually low in high school... directionless or hopeless. Can young people ever be carefree again? It's a question."

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

'Note: This is a brief "interview" !'

thought it was gonna be about briefs !

truly disappointed.

;)

i actually couldn't get to sleep for a while last night....that STDIB intro and the goofy words kept looping in my mind, like when you go to disney world and that Small World song loops and loops in ur head.
its a jingle like hook that i dont like.
nothing much left. it aint fun anymore.
howzabout a greatest B-side hits tour?

why not, I will be there

I'm still quite baffled by the amount of people who didn't 'get' the album title. I thought it quite obvious.

I'll take that last biscuit, thank you.
Those who didn’t get it are wallowing fools. Those who did - and think it’s worth mentioning - are a completely different level of lost.

'Note: This is a brief "interview" !'

thought it was gonna be about briefs !

truly disappointed.

;)
Sauce pot!
Well if the briefs were anything like the size of the interview: they'd be 'tanga' at most.
:)
FWD.

Those who didn’t get it are wallowing fools. Those who did - and think it’s worth mentioning - are a completely different level of lost.
Your post is pretty great if you read it in a Skeletor voice (any generic villain will do) and add a "NYEH-HEH-HEH-HEH!" to the end of it. If you don't, it just doesn't translate so well.

'Icon talks about “louder” new LP, wonders "Can young can people can ever be carefree again?"

shouldn't RS correct that in the headline? what happened to quality?

when did young people ever feel carefree in school? That's not what school is for. It is there to crush the spirit slowly over the years so the aging youth is not aware of it, so when they finally fall out the sausage grinder end of it they are then completely defeated and ready to go out into the real world and lose some more by earning a salary,starting a family,etc.

'carefree' ? very nice... maybe in the next world ....

Put it down or I'll strangle you online. ;)

when did young people ever feel carefree in school? That's not what school is for. It is there to crush the spirit slowly over the years so the aging youth is not aware of it, so when they finally fall out the sausage grinder end of it they are then completely defeated and ready to go out into the real world and lose some more by earning a salary,starting a family,etc.

'carefree' ? very nice... maybe in the next world ....

And more so, if it is a question, where is the question mark? :(
He should have asked that and when he was at it, what about the disappearing hyphen? :head-smack:

Grammar and spelling nazis, where are you when needed?
Back me up on this! :highfive:

I'm still quite baffled by the amount of people who didn't 'get' the album title. I thought it quite obvious.

I'll take that last biscuit, thank you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. What other interpretations could there be?

In my opinion, it's a bit of clunky title for a cliched subject, and another questionable at a play on words. All the young people got my attention, but the others just seem lazy, and uninspired. World Peace is already looking better. It's too bad it was still born.

Chelsea fans pretend that they are carefree and have it on flags and banners. As if a football fan can ever be carefree. It is easy to pretend to be carefree but no one can be truly carefree only the dead.

I think he feels like me that the young people of today are caught up in the stress of always having to perform in life and online. Compared to them my generation was truly carefree but few if any know the true meaning of the word in todays society.

Please, the youth give less of a shit about everything than at any other time. The last thing we need to tell young people today is to say screw it, and indulge yourself. They're already heavily immersed in that philosophy.

The lack of social awareness has never been so ingrained.

Morrissey doesn't know anything about today's youth. He's just repeating a tired, unimaginative subject matter to market to young people.

Please, the youth give less of a shit about everything than at any other time. The last thing we need to tell young people today is to say screw it, and indulge yourself. They're already heavily immersed in that philosophy.

The lack of social awareness has never been so ingrained.

Morrissey doesn't know anything about today's youth. He's just repeating a tired, unimaginative subject matter to market to young people.

It could be a message to their parents, not only to young people. Young people's anxieties and pressures come mainly from their communities and their families.

It could be a message to their parents, not only to young people. Young people's anxieties and pressures come mainly from their communities and their families.

That's growing up, and I would say most of the anxiety a young person has comes hormonal shifts, and good old-fashioned peer sorting.

Everyone has to go through the awakening process and transition from being a care-free oblivious child whose life is pure entertainment, to becoming aware of the wider world, and where you fit within it.

It's why people tend to romanticize the past. They had very little awareness of the world as it really was, and by the time they figure it out as an adult, they want to rewind. I see this nauseating attitude with kids who grew up in the nineties talking about how it had the best music, and television shows, and I just laugh. Same illusions over, and over again. It's as if the world is on a constant repeat.

Another example is the eighties nostalgia. When did the eighties suddenly become a time of great joy, substance, and incredible fashion?

The eighties were Reagan, the Cold War, the bomb, crack babies, high crime, AIDS, corny music production, and religious fanaticism.

These naive twats think it was some twenty four hour version of Pretty In Pink.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom