Interview request

• Thread starter TonyAndHisPaperCastle
  • Start date
T

TonyAndHisPaperCastle

I'm looking for an interview in which Moz says that he applied to be a model. I believe he said in that interview that he was dull as an adolescent, but he thought he was fascinating, or something along those lines.

I'm looking for an interview in which Moz says that he applied to be a model. I believe he said in that interview that he was dull as an adolescent, but he thought he was fascinating, or something along those lines.

The Morrissey interview that í think you are referring to is by Ashley Heath, for " i-D " magazine, in May 2004, titled "You and I, This Land is Ours", and it is one of the Last Great Ones. And possibly the stories untold around it are even greater...

This is the excerpt you are thinking of ~

Morrissey GQ i-D.jpg

Excerpted from here ~

Morrissey i-D 2004.jpg

Apologies for not being able to find a better copy of this great interview on-line. But it's late and í'm smashed. Kinda sad. This was the best that í could find, around these parts ~

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...h-have-not-been-online-yet.95305/post-1074337

Seemingly, it had been agreed that he was to be the Cover Star that month. But was dropped at the last minute for an undisclosed reason.
This was to be the Cover Shot, by the very fine photographer Alasdair McLellan ~

Morrissey 'i-D'.jpg

A piccy that could be argued to be more emblematic than any that graced his LP sleeves... :thumb:

The Morrissey interview that í think you are referring to is by Ashley Heath, for " i-D " magazine, in May 2004, titled "You and I, This Land is Ours", and it is one of the Last Great Ones. And possibly the stories untold around it are even greater...

View attachment 57618

Excerpted from here ~

View attachment 57619

Apologies for not being able to find a better copy of this great interview on-line. But it's late and í'm smashed. Kinda sad. This was the best that í could find, around these parts ~

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...h-have-not-been-online-yet.95305/post-1074337

Seemingly, it had been agreed that he was to be the Cover Star that month. But was dropped at the last minute for an undisclosed reason.
This was to be the Cover Shot, by the very fine photographer Alasdair McLellan ~

View attachment 57620

A piccy that could be argued to be more emblematic than any that graced his LP sleeves... :thumb:

Wonder if Morrissey likes to watch Sixteen Candles just to look at Jake Ryan (Michael Schoeffling).

Maybe Shoeffling did appear on the cover of GQ, but the earliest one I could find was from 81.

Morrissey’s hero ....

Good thing he didn’t become a model, we might of never have gotten The Smiths! :fearscream:

Wonder if Morrissey likes to watch Sixteen Candles just to look at Jake Ryan (Michael Schoeffling).

Maybe Shoeffling did appear on the cover of GQ, but the earliest one I could find was from 81.

Morrissey’s hero ....

Good thing he didn’t become a model, we might of never have gotten The Smiths! :fearscream:

Time for bed!!

Morrissey’s hero ....

Michael Schoeffling could pass for Matt Dillon's actual brother unlike Kevin and Paul.

View attachment 57618

Excerpted from here ~

View attachment 57619

View attachment 57620

Here's the complete interview in all of its glory. Shout-out and many thanks to @nickbatcave for salvaging the scans.

page01.jpg

page02.jpg

page03.jpg

page04.jpg

page05.jpg

page06.jpg

page07.jpg

page08.jpg

page09.jpg

page10.jpg

Last edited:

Many Thanks @GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn & @nickbatcave for a sumptuous salvage act.

"There is no saying goodbye to Morrissey. This is a legacy to be reckoned with"...

very good read,few small facts,i am two people,the third twin and camden.

Back
Top Bottom