Introducing Morrissey DVD Conversion

Introducing Morrissey On DVD-R

Is there anyone in the US who would be willing to hook me up with a DVD conversion of Introducing Morrissey? I don't have the VHS anymore and I'm dying to see this film again. Was this released on laserdisc and if so, does a transfer sourced from it rather than the VHS exist?

Also, are there any Cure fans out there who can provide me with a DVD conversion of Show? This is another of my favorites that I no longer own on VHS. Again, looking for the laserdisc transfer (I know it's out there).

I don't have high speed internet or a DVD burner, so I need an actual burned DVD. I can provide the disc, postage and mailer.

Last edited:
devoted 101, is your vhs rip a good quality version? i may burn it to dvd from my laptop, with any luck! (the torrent site you posted isnt very helpful, asking me to register and stuff!)

well i used a regular VHS and it is now an old tape.. but yeah i think it is pretty good.. i mean it is clearly recorded from VHS but it isnt bad.. i posted an avi i made from the VHS rip but a high quality avi.. it is over a gig.. and it is in widescreen.. no letterboxing..

Well, not to be disrespectful, but I didn't like the quality of that avi at all. It's not your fault, the tape is clearly too old. The sound is great, though.

Well, not to be disrespectful, but I didn't like the quality of that avi at all. It's not your fault, the tape is clearly too old. The sound is great, though.

I haven't tried transferring my VHS to the computer to compare and I don't have a VHS player anymore so I can put both side by side.

But I think that there isn't really a way to get better quality out of it.

Resolution on older TVs were not higher than 720x440, so there was no need to release material with higher resolution than that.

When you watch it on your computer, the resolution of any computer screen is much much higher than older TVs, so you can see the imperfections on the image more easily.

I just checked the file and it seems to be 720x440... There is some compression to it, but my bet is that if we transfer from the VHS with no compression at all, the quality wouldn't be any better.

Back
Top Bottom