"Introducing Morrissey" DVD released (UK - Sep. 8, 2014; US - Sep. 9, 2014)

Introducing Morrissey: DVD released today in the UK and tomorrow in the US - true-to-you.net
8 September 2014

Introducing Morrissey, a film made by James O'Brien, is released on DVD format today in the UK and tomorrow in the US.

Filmed during Morrissey's British concert tour of 1995, Introducing Morrissey is now available on DVD for the first time.

The tracklisting is as follows.

"Billy Budd"
"Have-A-Go Merchant"
"Spring-Heeled Jim"
"You're The One For Me, Fatty"
"The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get"
"Whatever Happens, I Love You"
"We'll Let You Know"
"Jack The Ripper"
"Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself"
"The National Front Disco"
"Moon River"
"Hold On To Your Friends"
"Boxers"
"Now My Heart Is Full"
"Speedway"

(all recorded live)

introducing_morrissey_artwork.jpg

Purchase the Introducing Morrissey DVD at Amazon.co.uk
Purchase the Introducing Morrissey DVD at Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: True To You - Introducing Morrissey: DVD released today in the UK and tomorrow in the US - Artwo

Great film, bad cover, well I made this for you:

That's actually quite nice. :)

I've no problem with the simple cover and image. I like it. Always have. I'm glad he didn't change it.

Just finished watching the DVD, brought back great memories. :)
Here are some photos I took at Bradford St George's Hall, a mere 8 or 9 days later...

Those are really great! Thanks for sharing :)

i hate the cover but really wanted to say good job on the self made one. its pretty nice and imo much better.

Mine came in the mail today. I haven’t put on the DVD itself but it is definitely “bare bones”. There’s not even a booklet inside.

Re: True To You - Introducing Morrissey: DVD released today in the UK and tomorrow in the US - Artwo

My friend has a professionally filmed bootleg, meaning the actual cameras used as this official release, with "Swinging on A Star" at the end. Could someone tell me how...I mean has that been out there for a while? Or is this a rarity? I watched the entire thing at his house on DVD 10 years ago.

?????

When this was originally released on VHS tape there was a pre-release promotional version sent out to video and record stores. This version did not come with any cover art and had instrumental orchestral music at the beginning where Glamorous Glue is now and "Swinging on a Star" at the end. Moz wasn't able to secure use of these songs or didn't want to pay for them and so they were dropped. This is probably what you saw after it had been transferred to dvd. The original promo tapes are very rare. The only one I ever saw was at Bill's Records and Tapes in Dallas, TX. in 1995. I actually watched it there because Bill was asking $100 for it and I couldn't pay that. So he let me see it. I feel like it even had a different title written on it. His best live vid, imho

Last edited:
Mine came in the mail today. I haven’t put on the DVD itself but it is definitely “bare bones”. There’s not even a booklet inside.

the remastered Vauxhall&I the same, were 2 discs, in a cardboard no inlay, lyrics, nothing...

and they say he's mentall'...Morrissey claims haven't paid by EMI since 1992, where[EMI/Reprise/Parlophone] He released His 5 first solo studioalbums , as He took over The Smiths deal.

Last edited:

Interesting. Cheers.

When this was originally released on VHS tape there was a pre-release promotional version sent out to video and record stores. This version did not come with any cover art and had instrumental orchestral music at the beginning where Glamorous Glue is now and "Swinging on a Star" at the end. Moz wasn't able to secure use of these songs or didn't want to pay for them and so they were dropped. This is probably what you saw after it had been transferred to dvd. The original promo tapes are very rare. The only one I ever saw was at Bill's Records and Tapes in Dallas, TX. in 1995. I actually watched it there because Bill was asking $100 for it and I couldn't pay that. So he let me see it. I feel like it even had a different title written on it. His best live vid, imho

Not surprised at all by the minimal (read - non-existent) extras & packaging. I still have the Vhs but I'll be looking to download this in the near future and put it on DVD. The opening sequence (Jerusalem) is essential and almost brings tears to my eyes....and I'm not English! Can be seen here:

Last edited by a moderator:

That's actually quite nice. :)

I've no problem with the simple cover and image. I like it. Always have. I'm glad he didn't change it.

Those are really great! Thanks for sharing :)

Should've used this one which was taken around that time period.

select3.jpg

Not surprised at all by the minimal (read - non-existent) extras & packaging. I still have the Vhs but I'll be looking to download this in the near future and put it on DVD. The opening sequence (Jerusalem) is essential and almost brings tears to my eyes....and I'm not English! QUOTE]

The film crew recorded a young male holding a copy of "The World of Morrissey" walking to the front of the queue outside the Winter Ballroom in Blackpool, I presume as a possible opening sequence. I agree the "Jerusalem" version on the original release is nice.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom