Is childbirth obscene?

Is childbirth obscene?

• Total voters
I wasn't speaking to you. I responded to a comment of another user, and I was more than fair in my reply to them. I was hoping to actually discuss the points I presented in some sort of manner, but I suppose petty attacks are all that I can expect off of this forum anymore.

Big surprise.

Sorry to hear about your martyrdom. Don't worry, I hear that comes back to bite everyone in the ass later on.

And this is a prime example of what I was talking about.

I think it's because a lot of people on this forum have issues with your comments (I suppose that's what a forum's about), which seem distant from the real world tbh. Interesting comments may I add, but comments that I personally find too observational too the point of becoming illogical.

Last edited:
I think it's because a lot of people on this forum have issues with your comments (I suppose that's what a forum's about), which seem distant from the real world tbh. Interesting comments may I add, but comments that I personally find too observational too the point of becoming illogical.

If they have an issue, then they can feel free to address said issues point by point in a civil manner, and not by resorting to personal attacks and foolishness.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me any, it just reflects badly on those who do it, and it's rather sad.

Child birth isn't obscene.I find the word obscene not fitting.Obscene things are morally wrong.

It is gruesome though.All mine were traumatic,messy emergency births.But as soon as you hold the baby you instantly forget about and want to do it all again.

This is what I was trying to say before! Obscene is the wrong word.

Arsenal wrote
You may not have claimed to be an expert, but merely by attempting to 'read into' someone on the Internet of all places, is a very faulty practice in itself. You say you are not 'convinced', but what could I possibly do to convince you since the image you have in your mind of me is one you created, yourself, based on falsehoods and what you got from 'reading into' my posts, instead of just taking them for what they are.

Re the bolded bits- You are correct here Arsenal. My opinion is based on limited knowledge. And the only conclusions I can draw are from the things you choose to share, (which you can describe as falsehoods if you want). If I took everything you say as incontrovertible FACT then there would be no discussion, no conversation. You would not have had the benefit of reading another persons opinion, and how else can we learn, except by being able to see things through another person's eyes? What is music, art, beauty - if not an enjoyment of things other than ourselves?

Arsenal wrote
You reach a faulty conclusion based on faulty assumptions, and then take the position that this person being scrutinized based on your 'reading into' their posts and interpreting them a certain way (despite the persons protests that you are looking way to much into it instead of just taking it at face value) must prove otherwise, but how can I prove not to be this fake person you created, when I am, in fact, not that person in the first place?

I can't. I can't possibly convince you and I can't possibly win. If you would simply just read what I write instead of 'reading into it' and coming up with ridiculous conclusions like some amateur psychiatrist, then we wouldn't have this problem and I wouldn't need to 'convince' anyone of anything.

Exactly, you got there in the end!

This is precisely how you appear to me and I dare say (though I may be wrong) to other people who wish to discuss, rather than be told (I paraphrase)
"these are the facts and you must be wrong if you disagree"

It has been enlightening conversing with you. I like to communicate and discuss. Besides, why are you here, if not to see and be seen. To be known and to assert your personality? If people had simply rolled their eyes and ignored you would you still be here?

Tags
question teeth
Back
Top Bottom