Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

T

TonyAndHisPaperCastle

Guest
A lot of people are talking about Coronavirus as if it's a death sentence for the elderly or people with preexisting health problems. It certainly isn't. Most of the people who die from are old people or people with health conditions, but that doesn't mean that you're likely to die from it if you're old/ have health problems. Let's put this in perspective.
First off, 80% of all Coronavirus cases are very mild.
Secondly:
sub-buzz-467-1584141264-8.png

For the most at-risk group, the mortality rate is only 15%. Even the elderly have an 85% chance of surviving Coronavirus- they most likely will not die from it. Of course it's unfortunate for those who do die from it and we don't want our loved ones to be in that 15% group, but if your grandmother catches it, it's not the end of the world.
Thirdly:
sub-buzz-470-1584141544-1.png

Again, the most at-risk group seems to be people with heart disease. Only 10% of people with heart disease die from Coronavirus. 90% of people with heart disease will survive Coronavirus.

I'm not trying to downplay the disease- just trying to put it in proportion.
With that being said, I hope everyone's having a good time at the London gig tonight. Wash your hands. Self-isolate for 14 days if you can. Hopefully, all will be well.
 

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
What’s up motherf***ers!!!!! Los Angeles is in quarantine. They even shut the bars and restaurants down tonight. It’s bizarre.
 

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
I bet you a dollar Italy and America are going to birth so many babies nine months from this week that an entire group of kids will be named Generation Corona. There’s nothing to do but f*** and watch Netflix.
 

Aubrey McFate

Lonely in Barcelona
I bet you a dollar Italy and America are going to birth so many babies nine months from this week that an entire group of kids will be named Generation Corona. There’s nothing to do but f*** and watch Netflix.

Sadly, this is probably true. It's fine if there's nothing to do but f*** and watch Netflix, but you would think (or at least hope) that people under quarantines and lockdowns would f*** using contraception. Even if the corona virus itself turns out to be much ado about next-to-nothing, it still seems like anyone with a bit of sense would have one look at all the unreasonable panic, spazzing, hoarding, and economy-tanking it's causing among homo sapiens and pause to consider whether they want to bring a new member of the species in.

It would be cruel to say that anyone "gets the parents they deserve," but you get the parents you get. Pity the poor corona children.
 

countthree

Well-Known Member
A lot of people are talking about Coronavirus as if it's a death sentence for the elderly or people with preexisting health problems. It certainly isn't. Most of the people who die from are old people or people with health conditions, but that doesn't mean that you're likely to die from it if you're old/ have health problems. Let's put this in perspective.
First off, 80% of all Coronavirus cases are very mild.
Secondly:
sub-buzz-467-1584141264-8.png

For the most at-risk group, the mortality rate is only 15%. Even the elderly have an 85% chance of surviving Coronavirus- they most likely will not die from it. Of course it's unfortunate for those who do die from it and we don't want our loved ones to be in that 15% group, but if your grandmother catches it, it's not the end of the world.
Thirdly:
sub-buzz-470-1584141544-1.png

Again, the most at-risk group seems to be people with heart disease. Only 10% of people with heart disease die from Coronavirus. 90% of people with heart disease will survive Coronavirus.

I'm not trying to downplay the disease- just trying to put it in proportion.
With that being said, I hope everyone's having a good time at the London gig tonight. Wash your hands. Self-isolate for 14 days if you can. Hopefully, all will be well.

Just 1% is huge.
 

The Chameleon

#KingGamma
I took this survey that is supposed to "help us understand how to educate the public about coronavirus" and I had to rate in order who I trust from
the World Health Organization
the media
your local church
Mike Pence
Donald Trump

It was hard to rank the local church who probably mean well but also may have some kooky theories, against Donald Trump who is evil but may not be completely stupid and Mike Pence whose stupidity is both kooky and evil.
 

Mozmar

Well-Known Member

Christ, is this where society is these days?
Unable to think, no common sense, dependent on soc med, & following 'influencers'?
Influencer Ava Louise filmed herself licking a plane seat toilet, starting a bizarre “coronavirus challenge.”

What kind of people live in these houses? Moz hits nail on head yet again.
 
B

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Guest
“AND I RECOMMEND THAT YOU STOP WATCHING THE NEWS”

Laugh out 4ckin loud.
Never has there been a better time to re-release that one :clap:

??:knife:
 
T

Trans

Guest
One percent is a very large number of people indeed. I don’t think people can last here out of work for more than two to three weeks and a payroll tax cut no interest loans and company bailouts isn’t gonna help. To many here live paycheck to paycheck and our service industry is a large part of our economy. After the last recession restaurants made up most of the new brick and mortar businesses that opened. I’m almost more worried about the fallout from the closings and it’s effects on vulnerable families
 

Mozmar

Well-Known Member
I feel sorry for the freelancers, zero hours contract people, agency workers, temps, and the rest of similar ilk who are not actually full time employees of any organisation, have no employee/employment rights, but are an integral part to its operation; those who will have no support, financial or other, whatsoever, apart from that which they have hopefully squirrelled away as savings. Devastation facing some people, while some people are more concerned about the cancellation of their holidays abroad... & how much they'll lose.
Have a thought for those less fortunates & their immediate families/dependents.
 
Top Bottom