Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

This is simply not true. 95% of Swedes live in urban areas with the same population density as in the UK. And Swedes travel a lot more than the rest of Scandinavia. Tens of thousands of Swedes brought back the virus (unknowingly) from Italy and Austria in February last year; Norwegians and Finns didn't.
So this is wrong, is it?

"To understand the magnitude of what’s gone wrong, it’s worth noting that Sweden started the pandemic with several huge advantages. First, it’s a far less urban nation than the UK,for example, and the virus spreads much more rapidly in dense, built-up areas. While the UK has 273 people per square kilometre, Sweden has just 25.

"Second, Sweden has the highest rate of people living alone in the world: 42.5 per cent of households are single people, compared to just 29.9 per cent in the UK. Obviously, it’s much easier for the virus to spread within the home, and places with large, multigenerational households suffer most."

So this is wrong, is it?

"To understand the magnitude of what’s gone wrong, it’s worth noting that Sweden started the pandemic with several huge advantages. First, it’s a far less urban nation than the UK,for example, and the virus spreads much more rapidly in dense, built-up areas. While the UK has 273 people per square kilometre, Sweden has just 25.

"Second, Sweden has the highest rate of people living alone in the world: 42.5 per cent of households are single people, compared to just 29.9 per cent in the UK. Obviously, it’s much easier for the virus to spread within the home, and places with large, multigenerational households suffer most."

You do realise that we are not spread out evenly across the country. Again, 95% of Swedes live in densely populated areas.

You do realise that we are not spread out evenly across the country. Again, 95% of Swedes live in densely populated areas.
i refuse to believe that. in stockholm there are ONLY 25 people per square kilometre! everyone knows that!!

It was easy AND you didn't act fast? There are protocols that have to be arranged - so no one wakes up & just shuts the border.

There are degrees of lockdown measures depending on the severity of the situation - the point is there's no alternative to those measures if you want to limit cases - it's going to be distancing, masks, track & trace, staying home etc.

What else are you lot arguing for?

I find it bizarre that some of the same people who thought BLM overreacted to shootings, can't cope with police asking them to leave a park bench & who were against freedom of movement now want freedom of movement because there's a virus.
Regarding your last paragraph: if you seriously find that to be ‘bizarre’, human nature will probably remain a mystery to you for eternity.

That your indignation is very similar to theirs.

I'm not indignant about it - I just wonder why more people don't twig that they're arguing against their own principles just because that's the culture war du jure.

I'm not indignant about it - I just wonder why more people don't twig that they're arguing against their own principles just because that's the culture war du jure.
There are a whole set of agencies at work, historical and imminent, as well you know.

There are a whole set of agencies at work, historical and imminent, as well you know.

I'll try to encourage critical thinking.

One of my friends - who is good at tech (I'm a luddite) - has been trawling QAnon forums & is seeing some sad sights.

q.JPG

I wasn't - I was in Glasgow for 2019. Getting one MP in the whole of Scotland was a miracle.
Given Labour now need some relationship with the SNP, are there not significant long term issues? Namely, to form a government Labour has to accept the Scottish independence which makes a further Labour government nigh on impossible.

Given Labour now need some relationship with the SNP, are there not significant long term issues? Namely, to form a government Labour has to accept the Scottish independence which makes a further Labour government nigh on impossible.

Yeah, it feels like we're currently trapped.

The party machine was clueless about social media during the Indy ref. Even the night before the 2015 election they couldn't be convinced that the data was so bad that huge swings to the SNP were possible.

Spent hours after the results came in crying in a Cafe Nero.

The party machine was clueless about social media during the Indy ref. Even the night before the 2015 election they couldn't be convinced that the data was so bad that huge swings to the SNP were possible.

Glastonbury is cancelled. And Cafe Nero is takeaway only.

🤒

Oy at the liquor 'cafe' examining the political data.:crazy:
with the able assistance of imaginary woke Heidegger flying
in (with imaginary :mask: of courseo_O) from your Imaginary Sweden :crazy:

So this is wrong, is it?

:mad:
have you ever even beein in Sweden for you to pretend to know where the peeps there live FFS? that 95 percent live in densely populated areas??o_O
Sweden is not your raggedy council estate where nobody has jobs FFS:blushing:

Back
Top Bottom