Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

In the us we just had our fourth highest day for new cases since it started. 123000 in half a year

Yesterday an economist was talking about the high amount of people who die in car accidents. It's enormous. I used to like cars, I couldn't wait to have my driving license. Now I almost hate them. But since this pandemia began private owned cars (not uber, not taxis) seem to be the safest way of transportation. That will increase the amount of car accidents. It's a lose/lose situation.

Going up. They went down slightly about two to three weeks after we shut down and social distanced but it’s creeping back up now that we’re a few weeks past reopening and the new infection surge. Takes a while for it to get contracted incubate express etc. it got as low as a couple hundred daily but yesterday not only were new cases the highest recorded the daily death toll went back up to like eight hundred. For instance in Florida which is having a lot of new cases hospitalizations were up and one hospital hit capacity. The heat is not really slowing it down much like people hoped it would. Ppe is also low

This study contributes to the general confussion about the topic. Sometimes it seems people in charge don't know what they are talking about.

Everything seems so strange.

Well... This study was withdrawn. Strange.

Going up. They went down slightly about two to three weeks after we shut down and social distanced but it’s creeping back up now that we’re a few weeks past reopening and the new infection surge. Takes a while for it to get contracted incubate express etc. it got as low as a couple hundred daily but yesterday not only were new cases the highest recorded the daily death toll went back up to like eight hundred. For instance in Florida which is having a lot of new cases hospitalizations were up and one hospital hit capacity. The heat is not really slowing it down much like people hoped it would. Ppe is also low
Really? I heard yesterday that deaths fell to their lowest in some months.

A "world war" was announced days ago...

It's surreal I posted this question in March. Seven months later and the world has changed in a previously unthinkable way :cry:

It is hateful and serious...
The father of my girlfriend tested positive 50 days ago and he is still at the hospital (he got ALMOST recovered and caught it again recently without ever going out -do not trust the idea that you become immune after getting it, you don't... or actually you do, but that immunity does not necessarily last for too long)... and during these last 50 days, ALL we got is a phone call that lasts a minute or two every two days with a report from a doctor. Visits are not allowed, actually, getting into the hospital is not allowed... and they do not let him use his cell phone there, because the signal may interfere with the medical machines. In short, it's a nightmare.

It is hateful and serious...
The father of my girlfriend tested positive 50 days ago and he is still at the hospital (he got ALMOST recovered and caught it again recently without ever going out -do not trust the idea that you become immune after getting it, you don't... or actually you do, but that immunity does not necessarily last for too long)... and during these last 50 days, ALL we got is a phone call that lasts a minute or two every two days with a report from a doctor. Visits are not allowed, actually, getting into the hospital is not allowed... and they do not let him use his cell phone there, because the signal may interfere with the medical machines. In short, it's a nightmare.

I'm so sorry. I hope he will recover soon.

It's surreal I posted this question in March. Seven months later and the world has changed in a previously unthinkable way :cry:

I know. It’s only been three months since I posted my last update but there’s sixty thousand more deaths in the last three months. We’re at 220000 deaths now

I know people who died in my city. They were people who could have lived lots of years more with proper care, but this virus was too much for them. I'm not against temporary quarantine and avoiding huge social meetings in close spaces, but a 7 months quarantine as ours is insane in many senses. Mainly because our economy was in a very bad situation before now and now it's 100 times worst.
First, I'm afraid we won't have food to eat in a few months because hardly anyone is producing it. I know what I'm saying because I know people who produce food. Second, at a certain point they should let people decide by themselves if they want to die of Covid19 or if they want to die because they don't have money to survive. And personal freedom? Is it still a thing? In my country people are dying because the government doesn't allow them to come back to their homes. They are so, so stupid and ignorant that they believe this virus respect local borders.
Of course, people who decide about other people's lives have their monthly paycheck supported by tax payers. That's the recipe for disaster in normal times. Imagine now.

yeah, it sure is.

for 1% of the population. :straightface: just because your girlfriends dad happens to fall into that 1% doesnt prove anything, sorry to say.

Three friends died because of covid19... It does not prove anything either; I mean, there isn't something to prove.

Back
Top Bottom